Author Topic: breakfast needs to expand  (Read 6737 times)

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
breakfast needs to expand
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2009, 09:58:10 am »
PB4Life is just straight n00bin it.. It\'s okay though, at least you\'re optimistic and active, errr at least plan to be. I remember in \'05 spending a bunch of time and money making a few different TB mixes and giving them to a couple hundred different peeps. There was an Epic disc, a Rock disc, and a Funk disc. They went over well early (at least with people I saw more than just the once) but never seemed to have a lasting effect. I couldn\'t get these cats to show up to a $5 show either. This shit aint easy. I have definitely taken a step back this past year in the TB preaching, it gets exhausting when results are almost nil.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
    • http://
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2009, 10:11:19 am »
Quote from: Gordo;240458
This shit aint easy. I have definitely taken a step back this past year in the TB preaching, it gets exhausting when results are almost nil.

I hear you Gordo.....It\'s definitely exhausting, and that is just from a fans perspective.  I cant even imagine how the guys in the band haven\'t already gone on widespread killing sprees out of sheer frustration.......Ah well, the fact that The Breakfast still exists as a band, is proof to the intensity and dedication that have as musicians, as well as a steadfast belief in the music of the Breakfast, which is at an all time high as far as sound and style.
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2009, 10:24:01 am »
There is a reason why telling people and giving them discs to listen to hasn\'t converted people to fans.

Think about it.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2009, 10:37:38 am »
Just think about this one.  When PB gained most of its long-standing fans, it was at a time when they played a lot of colleges in New England.  Those have grown up and either lost interest or have othe obligations that keep them from making many shows.  Starting in January \'08, the boys have played 3 shows on a college campus.  Why not go back to the well with that plan of action.  

I\'m not complaining about where they\'re playing, just offering a suggestion....
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2009, 10:40:00 am »
Quote from: Spacey;240463
There is a reason why telling people and giving them discs to listen to hasn\'t converted people to fans.

Think about it.

Because when they go to the shows, there is nary a female to be found, let alone not much in the area of "recreation" unless you bring your own....
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2009, 10:45:17 am »
Lighten up Stevie. Kevin\'s not as weathered, jaded, and pessimistic as many of us around here seem to be. If you saw Kevin at a show you\'d see how positive his energy is. Reminds me almost of a young Stevie in terms of enthusiasm and front-row ragin\' it.

True, his ideas have been done before. But most of the old heads have given up on even really trying to promote the band anymore. Psychedelic Breakfast actually did start to gain momentum for a while back in the days when a lot of you long-timers had this kind of enthusiasm and positive outlook. For various reasons, most of us dropped the ball at some point.

I\'m not innocent in this either. We all know the history, some times have been pretty uncertain for the band and discouraging. Nobody wants to bring first timers to a show to have it turn out to be an underattended dooze.

The new argument seems to be "it\'s not our job to make Breakfast successful". Yeah, true. But if you love the music and experience of going to Breakfast shows and you want to share something great with your friends, more power to you!

Fans like Kevin are the future for this band. Actually there\'s a bunch of kids like a half-generation younger than me around here who share this kind of enthusiasm and would probably go to twice as many shows if so many weren\'t at 21+ venues.

A lot of these kids actually are sharing tapes, praising the band on Facebook, and rounding up their friends to go to all the shows they can. There\'s a reason Northampton is one of the best places for the band to play, and why Strange Creek cabin was totally overflow this year and created more local chatter about the band than I\'ve seen in like 5 years.

It would probably be more appropriate to give Kevin, his buddies, and a few other groups of younger fans around here credit where it\'s due. We\'re lucky there are still people with the positivity and energy to keep our favorite band on stage.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2009, 10:50:31 am »
Josh, you are 100% correct, but somehow, and i am not sure exactly yet, Spacey has put some voodoo curse on me and sucked out all the "good ole posative stevie" that I had left.  Well maybe it is just life and not Spacey.  Either way, Keep ragin it, because the band is for sure.  "One day we\'ll all be together forever and ever when we make it to the promised land"

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2009, 11:00:01 am »
Quote from: Stephengencs;240471
Josh, you are 100% correct, but somehow, and i am not sure exactly yet, Spacey has put some voodoo curse on me and sucked out all the "good ole posative stevie" that I had left.  Well maybe it is just life and not Spacey.  Either way, Keep ragin it, because the band is for sure.  "One day we\'ll all be together forever and ever when we make it to the promised land"

You can break that curse with a shark salute...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2009, 11:12:17 am »
Quote from: Stephengencs;240469

Think about it.

Because when they go to the shows, there is nary a female to be found, let alone not much in the area of "recreation" unless you bring your own....

The headiest females I know are Breakfast fans and their energy and presence is a blessing to the otherwise sweaty sausage-fest. As for "recreation"... well granted there\'s not a shakedown but I\'ve rarely been let down with a little poking around. Besides, plenty of shows especially in CT and Harper\'s Ferry (quick call the undercovers before we let ppl in to the show that\'s already started!) are straight up narc fests. Who really wants to be that guy hookin it up in a crowd where it\'s impossible to blend in? Lucky for me I guess, the music is heady enough that I rarely feel compelled anymore to recreate myself beyond a couple drinks and maybe a phaddy boom batty.

IMO the main reason is that most people are simply into shitty music. Like 2/3 of my friends are going to The New Deal tonight. LOL, you know. Do what you love, right?

Josh, you are 100% correct, but somehow, and i am not sure exactly yet, Spacey has put some voodoo curse on me and sucked out all the "good ole posative stevie" that I had left.  Well maybe it is just life and not Spacey.

See you at Sully\'s with the remedy ;)

I feel you bro. My life\'s mostly been a pathetic joke as of late. Only more reason to rage all the Breakfast shows I possibly can!
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 11:12:17 am by bdfreetuna »
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2009, 11:17:46 am »
Quote from: Yoda;240472

I have witnessed, on more than one occassion, a shark salute send females running from the stage.....

Quote from: bdfreetuna;240474
Quote from: Stephengencs;240469

Think about it.

The headiest females I know are Breakfast fans and their energy and presence is a blessing to the otherwise sweaty sausage-fest. As for "recreation"... well granted there\'s not a shakedown but I\'ve rarely been let down with a little poking around. Besides, plenty of shows especially in CT and Harper\'s Ferry (quick call the undercovers before we let ppl in to the show that\'s already started!) are straight up narc fests. Who really wants to be that guy hookin it up in a crowd where it\'s impossible to blend in? Lucky for me I guess, the music is heady enough that I rarely feel compelled anymore to recreate myself beyond a couple drinks and maybe a phaddy boom batty.

IMO the main reason is that most people are simply into shitty music. Like 2/3 of my friends are going to The New Deal tonight. LOL, you know. Do what you love, right?

Again, nothing against the ladies that already embrace the sausage....uh fest that is....we are truly blessed with their presence......and i have been rarely let down whilest in search of recreation at a breakfast show.........i am just spewing bullshit, but am realizing something as i type.....we know it\'s not the music.  there are hot chicks and drugs at shows....so maybe its just us.  maybe we all, and i\'m lookin at the entire registered memberbase of .info and beyind, just suck.......that can be the only other conclusion......you, you, you, you, you, and you, and me, we all suck.  Especailly Ken Ralfowitz, who takes sucking to a whole other level.......to the suckiest bunch of sucks who ever sucked.

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2009, 11:49:42 am »
Quote from: Stephengencs;240479
Quote from: Yoda;240472

I have witnessed, on more than one occassion, a shark salute send females running from the stage.....

That was most likely because I was hunched down and chasing them while saluting...

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2009, 12:07:19 pm »
since bumper stickers were brought up, is there a new one somewhere for purchase?  I have been stickering the back of my jeep now and i do have room...and would like...

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2009, 12:31:48 pm »
Quote from: SkyePrizm;240484
since bumper stickers were brought up, is there a new one somewhere for purchase?  I have been stickering the back of my jeep now and i do have room...and would like...

and the sucking continues.....

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2009, 12:52:06 pm »
Quote from: Stephengencs;240479

Again, nothing against the ladies that already embrace the sausage....uh fest that is....we are truly blessed with their presence......and i have been rarely let down whilest in search of recreation at a breakfast show.........i am just spewing bullshit, but am realizing something as i type.....we know it\'s not the music.  there are hot chicks and drugs at shows....so maybe its just us.  maybe we all, and i\'m lookin at the entire registered memberbase of .info and beyind, just suck.......that can be the only other conclusion......you, you, you, you, you, and you, and me, we all suck.  Especailly Ken Ralfowitz, who takes sucking to a whole other level.......to the suckiest bunch of sucks who ever sucked.

hahaha! i have thought on more than one occasion that perhaps we\'re all just crazy. but honestly, we do need more hot single chicks in this scene. who\'s got my heady girls for hire? (don\'t lie. you know you have that number in your cell!)

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2009, 01:03:29 pm »
I\'ll give you stickers if you plaster em all over your hubbys cruiser.

Talk about promotion!

Quote from: galenas;240490
hahaha! i have thought on more than one occasion that perhaps we\'re all just crazy. but honestly, we do need more hot single chicks in this scene. who\'s got my heady girls for hire? (don\'t lie. you know you have that number in your cell!)

I get in trouble for talking to hot single chicks. Gotta take a pass on this one ;)

(yes that does mean you\'ll be seeing the pizzaburrito back on tour.. lol)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 01:04:34 pm by bdfreetuna »