Author Topic: Setlist: [Tim Acoustic] 2009-03-17 - Jake\'s; Wallingford, CT  (Read 2610 times)

ChrisPitch

• Hell of a Life
    • http://
I jam > You\'ve Got to Hide Your Love Away, Gotta Get Drunk, Kodachrome, Into the Great Wide Open > jam > Crossroads > Castles Made of Sand*, Burn One Down > Kamera > Alabama Song (Whiskey Bar), Down on the Corner, Once in a Lifetime > Scarlet Begonias, Girl > jam > Pygmy Twylyte > jam > Stairway to Heaven, Transdermal Celebration**, You and Whose Army? > The Chase

II: Let Forever Be > For No One, Reba^# > Shimmy Shimmy Ya > Reba > Astronomy Domine#, Lucifer Sam, Matilda Mother## > Pow R. Toc H.$, Flaming, Take Up Thy Stethoscope and Walk, Interstellar Overdrive$$@, The Gnome, Chapter 24*&, Scarecrow > Bike&&

Portion of the show from \'Astronomy Domine\' through conclusion was Pink Floyd\'s \'The Piper of the Gates at Dawn\', played in its entirety, though with \'Pow R. Toc H.\' and \'Flaming\' reversed. All songs were first-timers with the exception of \'Lucifer Sam\', \'Interstellar Overdrive\', \'The Gnome\', and \'Bike\'

* with super fast ending
** restarted so Tim could take a shot
^ unfinished
# with drunken woman discussing song requests with Tim during exceptionally difficult parts
## preceded by break to address drunken song requesters
$ with vocal jam
$$ with \'Irish Jig\' tease
@ with Mark Paul (aka: Pterodactyl Boy) on screeching accompaniment
& with Mark Paul (aka: Pterodactyl Boy) on annoying screeching
&& played at fast tempo
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 07:47:37 pm by ChrisPitch »

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
Setlist: [Tim Acoustic] 2009-03-17 - Jake\'s; Wallingford, CT
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 08:02:36 am »
Quote from: ChrisPitch;223399
Portion of the show from \'Astronomy Domine\' through conclusion was Pink Floyd\'s \'The Piper of the Gates at Dawn\', played in its entirety, though with \'Pow R. Toc H.\' and \'Flaming\' reversed. All songs were first-timers with the exception of \'Lucifer Sam\', \'Interstellar Overdrive\', \'The Gnome\', and \'Bike\'

fuck.

taped?
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

psychjosh

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2009, 11:22:34 am »
nope..
Bring Back the Shotty Nasal!

NickNels

• \"That\'s a Deeeewwwww!\"
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2009, 11:32:55 am »
josh....pretty much the moment you left, the characters came out to play....i haven\'t laughed that hard in a while. also, never thought Tim might actually hit somebody. It was interesting for sure. But i guess thats what you get on St. Pattys in Wallyworld

Tim Palmieri: VH1 Behind the Music

The Incident on St. Patty\'s day in Wallyworld...
"After some fun times, Luke spacedocked Marissa."

LBoogie

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2009, 11:35:13 am »
Quote from: NickNels;223433
josh....pretty much the moment you left, the characters came out to play....i haven\'t laughed that hard in a while. also, never thought Tim might actually hit somebody. It was interesting for sure. But i guess thats what you get on St. Pattys in Wallyworld

Tim Palmieri: Behind the Music

sorry....that was actually my post....lol....wrong account was logged in...., but yes....it was definitely a behind the music moment.

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2009, 11:43:55 am »
Quote from: ChrisPitch;223399

god i would have loved to hear this.

wildcoyote

• El Cuco
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2009, 12:02:40 pm »
Quote from: LBoogie;223434
Quote from: NickNels;223433

Tim Palmieri: Behind the Music

sorry....that was actually my post....lol....wrong account was logged in...., but yes....it was definitely a behind the music moment.

:wah:

I made it through St. Patricks day without hitting someone, TPalms did not. The world no longer makes sense.
A man who has seen the things I have seen,
experienced the loss and pain I have experienced,
I transcend race, hombre.

ChrisPitch

• Hell of a Life
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2009, 12:06:37 pm »
It was just bad timing. If that chick had approached Tim at any other time, he gladly would have played "something to dance to." It just so happened that she approached him during one of the most complex parts of Reba. And of course, after Tim explained the situation--and how he was playing an album and couldn\'t take requests--she did not let up.

However, she and her crew did split just before Interstellar Overdrive and it seemed as though the coast was clear. Enter Pterodactyl Boy. First of all, we should have known something was up when this guy gave the air a karate kick early on. Then it seemed as though he\'d be a huge problem when he approached Tim\'s second mic--which he had up there to loop the vocals, but was not working because the chick had knocked it over--and started screeching. But still, the timing of that worked as Tim used this guy\'s screeching to accompany the zaniness of Interstellar Overdrive, actually looping it at one point. The song ended and Mark Paul got a nice ovation as he had inadvertantly contributed to a spat of genius. However, we must have forgotten to gong him because he later approached the mic during the ever-so-subtle Chapter 24 (just because he was giving Tim a shot) and let\'s just say his screeching didn\'t fit in quite as well the second time around.

You have to give Tim gigantic props for his performance last night. He played a long first set that Jake\'s patrons definitely took to and then perservered through what was an awkward atmosphere to perform a well-executed second set. It also didn\'t help that the majority of our peeps left at setbreak.

All in all, this was unlike any Timmy Tour show I\'ve ever seen--in both good and bad ways--as it was just as hilarious as it was uncomfortable. And after the show, I decided to contribute to the humor myself in both honor and mockery of Pterodactyl Boy by serenading the bar with a very loud rendition of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlILYDLA7bM.

Also, after the show, Pterodactyl Boy announced something that was mostly incoherent, but sounded like, "He who fucks the church eats his own puke." That type of night.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 12:41:31 pm by ChrisPitch »

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2009, 01:04:48 pm »
looks like i missed an epic night of mayhem.  

sadly, i spent most of the night consoling my mom. a very good friend of our family daughter had died.

Lexington

• suckin seaweed
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2009, 01:28:02 pm »
haha pterodactyl boy. EPIC
caress me, aunt jemima

lilblondie

• the FU queen
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2009, 02:00:52 pm »
i missed something...tim hit someone...really??? wow...
maybe the sun will shine today...
the clouds will roll away..
maybe i wont be so afraid..
i will understand that everything has its plan...
either way...

ChrisPitch

• Hell of a Life
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2009, 02:08:55 pm »
No. He did not actually hit anyone. We all just wanted him to.

wildcoyote

• El Cuco
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2009, 03:10:36 pm »
Thanks for clearing that up.  I\'m picturing Tim jumping into the crowd- Axl Rose style.
A man who has seen the things I have seen,
experienced the loss and pain I have experienced,
I transcend race, hombre.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2009, 03:25:16 pm »
there was definitely one night at bar that i thought tim was gonna punch stevie in the face...

ChrisPitch

• Hell of a Life