Author Topic: Setlist: [Tim Solo Acoustic] 2008-05-14 - BAR; New Haven, CT  (Read 3371 times)

SlimPickens

• just the tip
    • http://
Setlist: [Tim Solo Acoustic] 2008-05-14 - BAR; New Haven, CT
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2008, 02:24:09 pm »
Quote from: peaches626;189910
Bar has a TON of Yale heads there, and they like to hear lots of the covers/don\'t know a breakfast song from a hanson song.  

Yaley\'s love the hanson

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2008, 02:41:19 pm »
does he always only play for tips?
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

ChrisPitch

• Hell of a Life
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2008, 02:45:06 pm »
Definitely a packed house last night and a great show that everyone was very much into. The one-setter was the result of Tim accidentally leaving behind his boomerang, which he then had to retrieve, thus delaying the start. But he certainly made the most of it with that 32-song whopper of a set.

Anyway, you can add pepperoni as another great topping in BAR\'s repertoire; yes, Tim does tend to play Breakfast songs towards the end of the show, especially at BAR the last few weeks (Over Exposure, Beef Barley, Buquebus); no, the Spider-Pig Song was not a debut (though I thought it was); and also, the Lakers are now 3-0 the last three weeks when their games are on at BAR. Thank you to the late-night crew for accompanying me through the fourth quarter, which I watched on tape without knowing the final score after leaving BAR.

But with all these highlights, perhaps the biggest was Tim absolutely annihilating Miserlou on expert at the conclusion of our wee hours Guitar Hero session. Un. Fucking. Real.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 06:56:51 pm by ChrisPitch »

princesscaspian

• gemini tactics
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2008, 03:04:48 pm »
Quote from: ChrisPitch;189922
Thank you to the late-night crew for accompanying me through the fourth quarter, which I watched on tape without knowing the final score after leaving BAR.

But with all these highlights, perhaps the biggest was Tim absolutely annihilating Miserlou on expert at the conclusion of our wee hours Guitar Hero session. Un. Fucking. Real.

haha that was the most fun i\'ve had watching basketball in a while.... i can\'t believe i missed the epic guitar hero finale !!!! boooo

bombarded.by.pajamas.
and what CAN you do, when your world is invaded by a reggaejunkiejew?!?

ChrisPitch

• Hell of a Life
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2008, 03:18:52 pm »
Ha! That was great, as was \'The Monogamous Mormons\'. Ah, what a riotous occasion.

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2008, 03:22:52 pm »
Quote from: Mamalakabubadaya;189850
Quote from: SkyePrizm;189849

I like the crowd at bar.

And you sound paranoid.

thanks for your input skye! i appreciate it. :)

it\'s funny cause every person who came down with me last night saw it too. so i think "being paranoid" has been ruled out.

kick in the box next time?
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

lele

• has to follow her heart..
    • http://www.myspace.com/lisapeck
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2008, 03:34:08 pm »
Peaches...I have to agree with you...mashed potato & bacon pizza is to die for....
:drool:
lisa
:mickey:

princesscaspian

• gemini tactics
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2008, 03:54:27 pm »
Quote from: Vassillios;189920
does he always only play for tips?

i think he gets paid at some venues, tips are bonus, but certainly not every venue. i like it, because its a way to ensure you hear what songs you want to hear (despite broken guitar strings, eh peaches? :) )

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2008, 04:17:58 pm »
awesome night last night. bar was absolutely stuffed all night, and i loved it. props to tim for playing straight through with no break. no break = no dip in the crowd.

loved \'loser\' with the \'i might be wrong\' teases. fits perfectly!

pitchie and i both thought we heard the beginning of \'lose yourself\' (eminem) after \'jesus, etc\', but it ended up just being CLTCL. and now i think tim should play \'lose yourself\'. heh.

well, anywho.. fantastic night capped off with what was a must-win for the lakers. while the game was my primary focus last night, i still managed to do a pretty good job balancing that, my attention to the music, and socializing. good times.

princesscaspian

• gemini tactics
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2008, 04:28:27 pm »
Quote from: davepeck;189938
awesome night last night. bar was absolutely stuffed all night, and i loved it.

i feel the same way. i know the crowd gets annoying sometimes, but everyone\'s listening to tim play! and its really really cool. i think we should embrace the bigness of timmy tour at bar, not resist it!!!

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2008, 04:39:30 pm »
Quote from: princesscaspian;189940
Quote from: davepeck;189938
awesome night last night. bar was absolutely stuffed all night, and i loved it.

i feel the same way. i know the crowd gets annoying sometimes, but everyone\'s listening to tim play! and its really really cool. i think we should embrace the bigness of timmy tour at bar, not resist it!!!

so many random people go there.... we ran into one of mark\'s partners from work with his gf.  and his gf was telling me how much she loves listening to tim and she comes every week just to do so and that because of tim playing at bar, she has even checked out the breakfast (last time at toad\'s)....freaking small world....

but it also proves that fans can be lured in very easily...

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2008, 06:46:07 pm »
sorry, haven\'t read the whole thread so this may have been said, but yeah, i definitely recall seeing a spider pig notation before. i fucking love that song. claaaasic.

is that dorky enough for ya, skye? ;)

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2008, 06:50:04 pm »
Quote from: galenas;189957
sorry, haven\'t read the whole thread so this may have been said, but yeah, i definitely recall seeing a spider pig notation before. i fucking love that song. claaaasic.

I knew it!!

Wave the dork flag, diana, its okay!  :)  Come say hi to me tomorrow at the cruise!

ChrisPitch

• Hell of a Life
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2008, 06:52:58 pm »
OK. So after further review, I have confirmed that Tim had played \'The Spider-Pig Song\' prior to last night.

So, when I earlier said that it was a first-timer, I apparently meant to have said that it was the first time played since I have been "on the clock," so to speak.

So, I trust that none of you will make the same mistake again. What?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 06:55:51 pm by ChrisPitch »

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2008, 06:54:41 pm »
Quote from: SkyePrizm;189959
Quote from: galenas;189957

I knew it!!

Wave the dork flag, diana, its okay!  :)  Come say hi to me tomorrow at the cruise!

i\'m waving the "I surrender" flag right now at work. but i have two hands, so yeah, i\'ll wave the dork flag as well.

AHOY!!!