Author Topic: Setlist: [Tim Solo Acoustic] 2008-05-14 - BAR; New Haven, CT  (Read 3370 times)

ChrisPitch

• Hell of a Life
    • http://
I: jam > My Name Is Jonas > You’ve Got to Hide Your Love Away > My Name Is Jonas, Touch Me, Loser* > Legalize It** > You Enjoy Myself > Blackbird > Johnny B. Goode > Linus and Lucy > You Enjoy Myself^ > Folsom Prison Blues, Till There Was You, Scarlet Begonias^^, Jesus, etc., Crazy Little Thing Called Love > Karma Police > Here Comes the Sun, Them Bones, Cracklin’ Rosie > Big Me, Boogie on Reggae Woman# > Runnin’ Down a Dream, Today, Brandy (You’re a Fine Girl), Undone—The Sweater Song, Hits From the Bong > Wonderwall, The Spider-Pig Song > Paint It Black, Ziggy Stardust, May Fly Disarray > The Man in Me > May Fly Disarray

* with ‘I Might Be Wrong’ (Radiohead) tease
** with ‘Scarlet Begonias’ (Grateful Dead) and ‘Simple’ (Phish) teases
^ with ‘Aeroplane’ (Red Hot Chili Peppers) tease and no vocal jam
^^ with \'Simple\' tease
# with vocal jam
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 05:20:41 pm by ChrisPitch »

princesscaspian

• gemini tactics
Setlist: [Tim Solo Acoustic] 2008-05-14 - BAR; New Haven, CT
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 07:26:58 am »
the 1 set timmy tour show: epic! tim grabbed and held the crowd from the first song on. Loser* > Legalize It** > You Enjoy Myself > Blackbird > Johnny B. Goode > Linus and Lucy > You Enjoy Myself^ > Folsom Prison Blues was a \'wich im glad i witnessed.

i told ya\'ll there was something in the air last night... what a fantastic evening with great company! i heart wednesdays. :banana:
and what CAN you do, when your world is invaded by a reggaejunkiejew?!?

Nermel9

• the nice girl
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 08:16:06 am »
aside from being shoved by some chubby girl several times,

:lol:  Yeah there was a lot of shoving going on last night, it was kind of annoying...other than that it was fun!  Wish I didn\'t have to leave early! :shrug:

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2008, 08:42:29 am »
spider pig song from the simpsons movie? :lol:
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

SlimPickens

• just the tip
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2008, 08:49:41 am »
Quote from: FrankZappa;189828

Are we missing a "first time played" notation, or has he really played this before?!!

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2008, 09:37:42 am »
Quote from: SlimPickens;189830
Quote from: FrankZappa;189828

Are we missing a "first time played" notation, or has he really played this before?!!

No, i am pretty sure ive heard it before by him.  Someone a little more dorky could answer this.

Quote from: princesscaspian;189820
the 1 set timmy tour show: epic! tim grabbed and held the crowd from the first song on. Loser* > Legalize It** > You Enjoy Myself > Blackbird > Johnny B. Goode > Linus and Lucy > You Enjoy Myself^ > Folsom Prison Blues was a \'wich im glad i witnessed.

i told ya\'ll there was something in the air last night... what a fantastic evening with great company! i heart wednesdays. :banana:

One of the best Solo Tim shows I\'ve seen!  Totally agree with Elisa\'s theory, there was something in the air last night.  ;)  Summer is almost here!  

The place was packed with great people and good energy.  Much love and thanks to Tim for playing my requests!
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 09:37:42 am by SkyePrizm »

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2008, 09:39:52 am »
Quote from: Nermel9;189826
aside from being shoved by some chubby girl several times,

:lol:  Yeah there was a lot of shoving going on last night, it was kind of annoying...other than that it was fun!  Wish I didn\'t have to leave early! :shrug:

Weird, i didn\'t get shoved once.  But i was away from that middle section for the most part.  Never stand near the doorway, I learned that over the years, even when Tim is not playing there and you are just chillin.  Just not a good spot.  

My little corner at the bar is usually nice and secluded.  Its one of the few places that being upfront is safer....
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 09:41:57 am by SkyePrizm »

Mamalakabubadaya

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2008, 10:03:51 am »
Quote from: Nermel9;189826
:lol:  Yeah there was a lot of shoving going on last night, it was kind of annoying...
YEAH! it would be nice if people would leave their bullshit at the door and not go around pushing innocent bystanders all night lol. the crowd at bar is enough to deal with... i wonder when i\'m going to be able to go to a breakfast related event without getting either pushed or continuously stared at by this person :lol:

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2008, 10:06:01 am »
Quote from: Mamalakabubadaya;189848
the crowd at bar is enough to deal with... i wonder when i\'m going to be able to go to a breakfast related event without getting either pushed or continuously stared at by this person :lol:

I like the crowd at bar.

And you sound paranoid.

Mamalakabubadaya

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2008, 10:07:57 am »
Quote from: SkyePrizm;189849
I like the crowd at bar.

And you sound paranoid.

thanks for your input skye! i appreciate it. :)

it\'s funny cause every person who came down with me last night saw it too. so i think "being paranoid" has been ruled out.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 10:12:03 am by Mamalakabubadaya »

peaches626

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2008, 10:45:31 am »
Yee-haw.  Best mayfly ever with a missing G-string.  I\'m sure there\'s a good joke there.  Mashed potato and bacon white pie at Bar is the best food ever.
taints rule, gypsies drool!

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2008, 11:28:23 am »
Quote from: peaches626;189864
Mashed potato and bacon white pie at Bar is the best food ever.

my god i would kill for some right now
*Gia*

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2008, 11:30:34 am »
it seems like tim frequently throws in some b-fast tunes at the END of his acoustic shows, after a ton of covers.  is this a pretty common theme for timmy tours?
DS Newbers

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2008, 11:58:38 am »
^^^  either or, some shows theres no bfast tunes, others there are lots.  pretty much depends on the crowd and what they want to hear
*Gia*

peaches626

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2008, 01:29:28 pm »
All depends on the crowd.  Bar has a TON of Yale heads there, and they like to hear lots of the covers/don\'t know a breakfast song from a hanson song.  

Mayfly was played because I asked for it all night and tipped tim well...  He broke his G string and REALLY didnt want to play Mayfly, cause it\'s played in G, but we made it happen with a little harrassment.... the ahoy section looked particularly tough for him, but i thought it came off well.
taints rule, gypsies drool!