Author Topic: Strangecreek  (Read 1309 times)

YoMa

Strangecreek
« on: February 22, 2006, 08:18:23 pm »
Glad to see that theyre in the line up again this year...not so much of a surprise really, but i had such a great time there last year and will def go back. took me be surprise how good of a time it was. hopefully they get brothers past to come again too.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
Strangecreek
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2006, 12:43:10 pm »
Their set at last year\'s strange creek felt like it was 10 minutes to me... I was so dissapointed when it was over.

Must have been something I ate ...

The year before that though, in the late night cabin, was supercool. The cabin was way overfilled though.

Hopefully they can play 2 sets this year? Maybe even go on *After* Max Creek instead of the other way around.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

Buquebus

• SER breakfast geek
    • http://
Strangecreek
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2006, 01:18:53 pm »
Quote from: bdfreetuna
Their set at last year\'s strange creek felt like it was 10 minutes to me... I was so dissapointed when it was over.

Must have been something I ate ...

The year before that though, in the late night cabin, was supercool. The cabin was way overfilled though.

Hopefully they can play 2 sets this year? Maybe even go on *After* Max Creek instead of the other way around.

I remember the boys getting somewhat cut off so that Reid and AOD could get things going on the stage next to them.. I loved looking back at the crowd and seeing a sea of p33ps having a blast- you must also realize that that was the end of a four day run, either way the set was siiick
Not sure what is gonna transpire. Regardless, we ain\'t gonna forget the gravy.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
Strangecreek
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2006, 01:24:38 pm »
Yeah... I dunno about Strange Creek anymore though. Wayyy too many cops messin with the vibes last year. And wayyy too many crack heads trying to turn that festival into the next Berkfest.

I think I\'ll hit up Sterling Stage for sure, and probably pass on Strange Creek this year.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
Strangecreek
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2006, 03:53:26 pm »
Stearling Stage is going to be awsome, i\'m getting my ticket as soon as i have loot...... come on income tax check.........
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
Strangecreek
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2006, 04:00:50 pm »
they need to actually get their names on some real festivals this year.  10,000 lakes and moe.down was a great start last year, but these little cracker jack new england fests aren\'t giving the band the audience they deserve. bonnaroo, all good, high sierra, these are festivals the breakfast need to be at to get heard.

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
Strangecreek
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2006, 06:01:13 pm »
Quote from: bdfreetuna
Yeah... I dunno about Strange Creek anymore though. Wayyy too many cops messin with the vibes last year. And wayyy too many crack heads trying to turn that festival into the next Berkfest.

I think I\'ll hit up Sterling Stage for sure, and probably pass on Strange Creek this year.

Never ever had an issue with the cops at strangecreek. I am on the concert field the whole time so that might have something to do with it. Gabrielle and mark put on a great festival. The winter Carnival has a sick lineup - minus b-fast. I wouldn\'t exactly call the fesitval a little cracker jack. Not to mention that Mark and Gab have been supporting the band for years by booking them etc and a few years back they had a headlining slot on the Friday Night.

The 1 gripe I have is that Sterling and Stragecreek are the same weekend. They always do this. WHY oh WHY play 2 festivals on the same weekend in basically the same market. it splits up the fanbase. It would be really cool to have a shit load of b-fast family in 1 place for a weekend.
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

TheGodfather

• http://pheesh.org
Strangecreek
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2006, 01:54:08 pm »
gotta love the breakfast playing a festy 20 minutes away from my house
H to the Izzo

Buquebus

• SER breakfast geek
Strangecreek
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2006, 02:19:10 pm »
"The 1 gripe I have is that Sterling and Stragecreek are the same weekend. They always do this. WHY oh WHY play 2 festivals on the same weekend in basically the same market. it splits up the fanbase. It would be really cool to have a shit load of b-fast family in 1 place for a weekend." originally posted by kindms
totally agree here.  especially after making it out to sterling stage and strangecreek last year... I don\'t want to come off as sounding snobbish, but the wormtown vibe seems to be more appreciative, accepting, and even influential than the bumblefuck e-tard fest that I witnessed at the kampitheatre- amazing fucking show, prolly one of the largest audiences I\'ve been in attendance for as far as breakfst shows go, but it seemed like a whole lot of hicks on drugs, solely there to get fuct up.

MB1146

Strangecreek
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2006, 08:41:46 pm »
the breakfast set last year at strangecreek was definitley sick. id like to see them at camp creek. the breakfast should have there own breakfestival. 2-3 days of them just rippin it up. whoever was at moe.down last year knows that no one wanted moe to go on we wanted more breakfast. people chanting"fuck moe this is the breakfast festival"

Buquebus

• SER breakfast geek
Strangecreek
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2006, 09:52:05 am »
people chanting"fuck moe this is the breakfast festival", originally posted by MB1146
are you ser, guy??

chooglincharley

• hosehead
Strangecreek
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2006, 12:16:39 pm »
Quote from: MB1146
there own breakfestival.

hmm

:disco:
"Without deviation from the norm, \'progress\' is not possible" - FZ
        :wacko: