Author Topic: A 40th Anniversary Tribute To The Beatles’ Rubber Soul  (Read 1075 times)

obsession600

• The Duke Of NY A#1
    • http://
A 40th Anniversary Tribute To The Beatles’ Rubber Soul
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2005, 09:50:18 am »
I can\'t believe the Donnas are still around doing their shtick. Move on girls, try something new.
"I taught them everything they know, but not everything I know."
"The one thing that can solve most of our problems is dancing."
-James Brown

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2005, 10:20:01 am »
Quote from: davepeck
have i ever mentioned that i loathe ben harper with all of my being? :yack:

BTW if your only basis for that is "Steal My Kisses" you and I have to have a very serious non internet conversation

He\'s much more from "roots" music and dont\' even try to start comparing him to DMB!
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2005, 10:46:47 am »
Quote from: Me!
have i ever mentioned that i loathe ben harper with all of my being? :yack:

BTW if your only basis for that is "Steal My Kisses" you and I have to have a very serious non internet conversation

He\'s much more from "roots" music and dont\' even try to start comparing him to DMB!

well, i don\'t know what \'steal my kisses\' is, and i heart dmb.

i just think he\'s a whiny cry-baby prick (see bonaroo dvd).. i\'m fine with not liking someone\'s music and leaving it at that, but hearing his shit on there made me ill..

and i hated seing him on stage with PJ in \'03..

:yack:ben harper

Me!

• life got in the way
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2005, 10:50:34 am »
^^which bonaroo DVD the 1st one?  when he was rambling about bootlegs of commercial releases

you didn\'t like BEn ding "Indifference" w/ Pearl Jam? so fuckin soulful

and just cause he "whines" as you say doesn\'t mean he can\'t make some great music
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2005, 10:58:15 am »
^^which bonaroo DVD the 1st one?  when he was rambling about bootlegs of commercial releases

yeah, except he was bitching that he saw mic stands in the audience and people were going to internet his music and poor benny wouldn\'t be able to eat for weeks cause money is so tight and the world is going to shit cause tapers are bootleggers and bad awful people who should be shot and everyone should give ben money for food instead of internetting his music cause he just works so darn hard. ;)

you didn\'t like BEn ding "Indifference" w/ Pearl Jam? so fuckin soul awful

fixed.

and just cause he "whines" as you say doesn\'t mean he can\'t make some great music

oh, i\'m not stereotyping against whiners.. i believe there are whiners out there that can make great music. i just don\'t believe ben harper is one of them. :D

Me!

• life got in the way
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2005, 11:15:56 am »

yeah, except he was bitching that he saw mic stands in the audience and people were going to internet his music and poor benny wouldn\'t be able to eat for weeks cause money is so tight and the world is going to shit cause tapers are bootleggers and bad awful people who should be shot and everyone should give ben money for food instead of internetting his music cause he just works so darn hard. ;)

that\'s not at all what he was saying, he didn\'t have a prob w/ shows, just commercial recording being bootleged cause they don\'t sound as good,

We\'re not gonna agree on this one so, until I see you again and give a some good tunes to listen too.  aww forget it your hopeless

I forgot DavePeck hates music ;)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2005, 12:39:09 pm by Me! »