Author Topic: 9/12 Derby Birthday Whaley Sammy Madness  (Read 1808 times)

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
9/12 Derby Birthday Whaley Sammy Madness
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2008, 05:04:29 pm »
what kind do you think? From what I heard that yellow cake had a slight green tint to it. :rolleyes:
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

stublatt

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2008, 05:45:37 pm »
Quote from: FrankZappa;202643
what kind do you think? From what I heard that yellow cake had a slight green tint to it. :rolleyes:

Mold??  Doubt it!

SlimPickens

• just the tip
    • http://
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2008, 06:42:57 pm »
Quote from: stublatt;202645
Quote from: FrankZappa;202643

Mold??  Doubt it!

I don\'t think mold was the green he was referring to.

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2008, 06:49:59 pm »
moldy icebergs?
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

stublatt

« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2008, 09:32:54 am »
Nice birthday bash!!  Whaley should be 97 with all the birthdays he\'s had in the last couple of years.  
  Hubi St, w/ special guest Adrian T, incredible version of \'Fire\'.  Whoa!!!

SlimPickens

• just the tip
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2008, 10:00:08 am »
Quote from: stublatt;202685
Nice birthday bash!!  Whaley should be 97 with all the birthdays he\'s had in the last couple of years.  
  Hubi St, w/ special guest Adrian T, incredible version of \'Fire\'.  Whoa!!!

yeah, i said happy birthday to whaley last night, he told me it was his 3rd birthday of \'08.  what a beautiful thing.  we should all be so lucky.

oldnewbie

• it\'s recreational...
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2008, 10:40:22 am »
Quote from: Yoda;202624
And let me set this straight, for those that want to come at me or anyone that doesn\'t go to a ton of shows constantly... you don\'t have to constantly go see live music to know what music you like or have particular tastes, or even be a fan of a band for that matter...

who said a fucking thing in this thread  about how many shows you or anybody else sees?

there are two very simple points as far as i see it

1. someone was just trying to promote a good time for anyone who might be interested from this board. obviously some were. your comment was tasteless, lacking in tact and simply uncalled for.

2. you\'re a dumbass!!!!!!

stefpav

• horse$hit shenanigans!
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2008, 11:05:00 am »
Quote from: oldnewbie;202693
Quote from: Yoda;202624
And let me set this straight, for those that want to come at me or anyone that doesn\'t go to a ton of shows constantly... you don\'t have to constantly go see live music to know what music you like or have particular tastes, or even be a fan of a band for that matter...

who said a fucking thing in this thread  about how many shows you or anybody else sees?

there are two very simple points as far as i see it

1. someone was just trying to promote a good time for anyone who might be interested from this board. obviously some were. your comment was tasteless, lacking in tact and simply uncalled for.

2. you\'re a dumbass!!!!!!

didn\'t go to this bash (although it sounded like lots of fun), but wow....couldn\'t agree more!  i don\'t think i\'ve heard Hubinger St. (unless chags has played it for me), but yoda hasn\'t even listened to them in 8 years!  how do you know if their sound has changed or not?  maybe your taste has changed...kinda doubtful, but it could happen.  you should stop being a douche and just let others have their own fun without the negative vibes coming from your sorriness.
if you need me i\'ll be in the Angry Dome!

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2008, 11:25:53 am »
:that:
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2008, 09:19:04 pm »
Yoda is Catholic & from Jersey... \'nuff said.
Free me from vices, free me from fear.. Free me from anything that keeps me from here.

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2008, 10:48:51 pm »
What the hell does being a catholic have anything to do with my comments?  I guess that makes me close minded? To steal from Freddie and Mark... STFU!
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2008, 11:13:45 pm »
It was a lot to do with your negativity and repressed catholic rage and guilt that you project on this board.  Why waste time being an unproductive asshole on this message board when you can be reading books to your newborn, or painting, or cooking with your wife?  There are countless of beautiful experiences waiting for you at every moment, yet you HAVE to be here and bitch, bitch, bitch......
Free me from vices, free me from fear.. Free me from anything that keeps me from here.

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2008, 06:17:19 am »
Hey Joe, I\'m glad that you found a way of life that makes you happy and gives you direction.  But I don\'t need you telling me what I should be doing, how I should be spending my time.  And I\'m sure your anti-catholic comments go against the peaceful teaching of whatever guru you have decided to follow until you find the next path to enlightenment.  You want to trash me for my comments, fine, but leave my religious beliefs out of it.
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

SlimPickens

• just the tip
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2008, 06:41:32 am »
One of the technical issues with this board is that you can see the comments of people on your ignore list when people quote them in their responses.

oldnewbie

• it\'s recreational...
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2008, 08:11:58 am »
all of this because someone wanted to throw a party and used this board to get the word out. do you think everyone has another message board where we all get together to decide how to pick on you yoda......or is it that you just act like a dumbass at most every turn? when you and joe start with each other....it\'s like two peas in a pod. joe jumping in on a beatdown with a completely (IMHO) inappropriate remark. you\'re both just plain goofy.