Author Topic: Anna Liffey\'s; New Haven, CT  (Read 663 times)

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
Anna Liffey\'s; New Haven, CT
« on: March 31, 2011, 09:21:49 pm »
Anna Liffey\'s
17 Whitney Ave.
New Haven, CT

21+ / $FREE

2 Sets @ 9:30pm

FACEBOOK INVITE

[MAP]

Where to next?

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 09:22:52 pm »
This gig will take the place of the May 12th gig that is previously listed due to a scheduling conflict...
Where to next?

ChrisF

• http://
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 05:53:44 pm »
BUMP for Thursday. this is happening!!

this gig is not listed in the thread for reoccurring gigs that regularly happen at anna liffeys every 2nd thurs of the month.

figuring out dates for those multi show threads can be confusing when they were created a long time ago.

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2011, 09:46:20 pm »
Nice!!!  I didn\'t know this was happening.

inCognito

• piano slinger
    • http://www.shorelinepiano.net
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2011, 03:31:18 pm »
bump for tonight!  can\'t wait for some timmy tour!

inCognito

• piano slinger
    • http://www.shorelinepiano.net
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2011, 11:55:56 am »
5/19/11 Tim Palmieri Solo Acoustic
Anna Liffey\'s, New Haven CT

Set I
Jam > Jesus Ect., ? , Mr. Kite, SWLABR, ? , Feelin\' Groovy, Immortality?, Johnny Cash Tune, Joe\'s Garage, Do You Wanna Know A Secret, Let\'s Make The Water Turn Black > Ziggy Stardust, Wish You Were Here > Once In a Lifetime > Weekapaug Groove*> Feelin\' Groovy > Shimmy Shimmy Ya

Set II
Cross Roads > Blister in the Sun > Reelin in the Years, Boy Named Sue, Material World, Who Loves This Song* > Shot In The Arm, When the Levees Break, Easily > You And Whose Army? > Peaches En Regalia, Golden Slumbers > Carry That Weight > The End, Her Majesty

Set I "Jam >" through "Johnny Cash Tune" were recollected by Fitzy. I got there at some point during said Johnny Cash Tune and started keeping track from there

*Material Girl Tease before Who Loves This Song

A great night of music at Anna Liffey\'s.  Shows like this are why I go see Timmy Tour!  Joe\'s Garage is always a treat, but Let\'s Make the Water Turn Black really set the tone for things to come.  The segue from Wish You Were Here > Once in a Lifetime was extended, thoughtful, patient, and utterly brilliant.  There was a good energy sustained for the rest of the set.  Second was tight!  Starting off a energetic and bluesy with Cross Roads, there was no need to warm into the set, with Timmy diving right into the jam into Blister in the Sun.  The segue from there into Reelin\' in the Years and the jams inside were the pique of my musical delight for the night: pure sonic bliss!  Boy Named Sue brought us back down to earth - it was surprising to me fewer people in the bar seemed to know that classic! Material World was some ser biz; guitar tracks layered expertly creating a texture of the tone that leaves newbs wondering, "where\'s the other guitarist?"  I was a little distracted during Shot in the Arm - an unnamed attendee spilled the smallest volume of beer over a very large surface area. That feat in itself was something to behold.  When the Levees Break roped in the current events / civil discourse theme of the evening.  Easily > Y&WA > Peaches En Regalia = [insert music superlative of choice]. By this point it was 12:35 or so and the show could have ended there. But no.  "How about some Abbey Road," someone whom appeared to be friendly with management shouted.  To acquiesce with the Golden Slumber on through Her Majesty ending at 12:53 goes above and beyond.  

Thank you Tim for a great night!  We may not be getting spoiled with the frequency of your solo gigs (not necessarily a bad thing), but damn do you make it for it in content.  

between the Willy Waldman thang next week and a classic bar show the following, there is much to look forward to.  i mean how can it be summer without the first wed night at bar with the garage door open?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 12:00:13 pm by inCognito »