Author Topic: The 2007 Major League Baseball Thread  (Read 64280 times)

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
The 2007 Major League Baseball Thread
« Reply #105 on: May 25, 2007, 05:44:00 pm »
Quote from: alexanderzurflu;145501
Quote from: jocelyn;145421
I was born in Billerica and grew up in Pepperell.

Do you know Marc Laflamm?  I went to school with him and got him a job when he graduated.

Name sounds vaguely familiar but who knows. I had pretty much no friends and was pretty weird/antisocial, so....
Masturbation in the MFA

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
« Reply #106 on: May 26, 2007, 05:41:57 am »
it doesnt mean shit rujah. your still in 2nd place. Your 4-5 againt the nationals...does that mean the nationals are a better team than you? NO. Just like the mets are still a better team than the braves.

oh and we would have won the last game if that cock sucking umpire didn\'t call david wright out for a CHECK SWING with the bases loaded. no way he went around just a horrible call and total rallly killer in a very tight game.

your team is starting to fade though and ours has not even begun to heat up. Check out the recent interviews with chipper and smoltz if you want to know what the braves think about the mets. the only people who think the braves are actually better is thier idiot fans.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2007, 05:41:57 am by Klout »

FreeSpirit

• Mrs. Tickler
    • http://www.myspace.com/robynsegali
« Reply #107 on: May 26, 2007, 07:03:33 am »
oof.  as much as i love the yanks, it\'s looking like the mets are way ahead, & i\'m actually starting to root for them rather than the overpaid, precocious yankees.  oh well, i guess anything\'s better than the red sox, eh, handler?! ;)
“Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings. ”[/color]

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
« Reply #108 on: May 26, 2007, 01:57:50 pm »
fair weather stankees fan^^^^^
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
« Reply #109 on: May 28, 2007, 09:21:34 pm »
10 K for Schilling this far tonight.... Now some bats would be nice.

Here\'s hoping that I\'ll get to see a little more longevity from Beckett tomorrow than last time I was there. :lol: Avulsion. :lol: It could be brutal if his "avulsion" doesn\'t flare up: he\'s 7-0 and Sowers is 1-4.

Whoa this chick singing God Bless America is hot.

Update: in the park HR by Youkilis... rotfl
« Last Edit: May 28, 2007, 09:30:20 pm by jocelyn »
Masturbation in the MFA

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #110 on: May 29, 2007, 11:00:04 pm »
:hehehe:  *licking his Wolf chops* :hehehe:

I know why you tuned in to the baseball thread.  You saw that Wolfman posted and thought, "Oooohhh..Wolfman just posted in the baseball thread.  This should be good.  Is he gonna bury the Yankees once and for all?!?!?!"

Hehehe. Oooooohhhh...not...quite...yet.  I\'m gonna enjoy circling my helpless prey before going in for the kill.  But stay tuned folks... the hammer is gonna drop real soon.  It\'s coming reeeeeeal soon :hehehe:

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #111 on: May 29, 2007, 11:41:34 pm »
Wolfy,

We all know the Yankees suck, they suck really bad this year but you have to take the good with the bad.

Luckily after spending 8 years in Massachusetts, I have become accustomed to watching the Red Sox.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
« Reply #112 on: May 30, 2007, 02:01:44 am »
I hate to say it but we are not even 1/2 way through the season yet.  That being said I just don\'t see Clemens being the mesiah that the Yankee press and fans are saying he\'s going to be, they are just far too beat up at this point.  If their bullpen is so beat up already it doesn\'t bode well for the rest of the season.

Red Sox Nation fo\' Life!!

Quote from: jocelyn;146575
10 K for Schilling this far tonight.... Now some bats would be nice.
Great performance by Shilling, it was nice to see after the Yanks beat him up right outta the gates last week.

Quote from: jocelyn;146575
Here\'s hoping that I\'ll get to see a little more longevity from Beckett tomorrow than last time I was there. :lol: Avulsion. :lol: It could be brutal if his "avulsion" doesn\'t flare up: he\'s 7-0 and Sowers is 1-4.

Beckett = 8-0 :)

Quote from: FreeSpirit;146432
oof.  as much as i love the yanks, it\'s looking like the mets are way ahead, & i\'m actually starting to root for them rather than the overpaid, precocious yankees.  oh well, i guess anything\'s better than the red sox, eh, handler?! ;)

:rolleyes:  whatever Robyn, you don\'t even like baseball.  When was the last time you actually watched a game?  Who\'s plays 1st for NY (either team)? (without finding it on the internet) You only like the Yankees to give yourself something else to give me shit about.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 02:03:25 am by Me! »
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #113 on: May 30, 2007, 10:39:14 am »
I imagine the Yankees will go on a tear sometime this season but building such a huge lead in the AL East by the Sox doesn\'t help. Don\'t want to spend all season playing from behind. Besides, you only really need to have to get to second place to have a playoff spot, as long as you can secure the wildcard spot.

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
« Reply #114 on: May 30, 2007, 11:08:24 am »
well, not sure if i posted this in here preseason but i still stick behind my picks for cy young and mvp

al - cy - felix hernandez (hopefully all the injuries are behind him)
al - mvp - tori hunter

nl - cy - jake peavy
nl - mvp - jose reyes

enough chowder talk red sox fans. the season isnt even 1/3 of the way complete yet. being 21 games over 500 this early in the season is quite impressive though, ill give you that. i would worry more about your team keeping this momentum flowing through the remainder of the season and playoffs than what the washed up yankees are doing. their poor play is old news. clemens is only one man. he cant pitch every day, though im not sure that would help them anyways. they have holes all throughout their lineup and their bullpen is abused already. as red sox fans, just hope your team isnt going out too fast for their ability so they dont empty the tank before october.

btw, yanks are still 8.5 out of the wild card spot too.

go padres
Smell my mule.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #115 on: May 30, 2007, 11:10:23 am »
3 of the 4 peeps you speak of are on my fantasy team, I\'ll take that.

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
« Reply #116 on: May 30, 2007, 12:31:06 pm »
^ nice! hopefully one of them is peavy. hes having an incredible year so far. i try not to miss any of his games. so happy i have the mlb ticket!
Smell my mule.

Rujah

• team digest
    • http://
« Reply #117 on: May 30, 2007, 12:42:52 pm »
anyone see that mets game last night. i couldn\'t believe that shit. benitez balks twice, reyes scores, delagado walk-off homerun. damn, the mets are catching all the breaks.
Merge futhermucker just you merge You futhermucker merge merge futhermucker now

You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye - Raoul duke - Hunter S. Thompson, Fear&Loathing

Gimme breakfast..................

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #118 on: May 30, 2007, 02:04:41 pm »
Quote from: booztravlr;146841
^ nice! hopefully one of them is peavy. hes having an incredible year so far. i try not to miss any of his games. so happy i have the mlb ticket!

Jake Peavy has been my savious for pitching, having a great year, indeed.

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
« Reply #119 on: May 31, 2007, 03:36:41 pm »
you figure 2 months into the season matsuzaka would have adjusted to pitching in the mlb and would start posting gems. this is not the case. in 6 of his 11 starts he has earned 3 or less runs and gone at least 7 innings which is respectable, the other 5 were awful. in those 5 he has let up 28 runs. beyond that he has only broken 6k once this month in 6 starts. he managed 38k in april (5 games) but only 30k in may (6 games). his era has gotten worse (slightly) in the month of may and is a whopping 4.83. however due to the big bats of boston 3 poor outings ended up in wins so dont let his inflated 7-3 record make you believe hes an allstar. im still not sold on him. with the red sox playing so well im very surprised none of you are posting more often in here.

the following was taken from an espn column
"The West looks like a three-team free-for-all. But watch out for the Padres. They have gone 17-9 in May. Their team ERA for the month (2.23) was more than a run better than anyone else\'s in either league. And only the Mets and Red Sox have a better run differential than the Padres (+49)."

red sox RS:RA is an impressive +79 and the mets is +61 but there are only two teams even close to the padres RA of 171, mets (194) oakland (199). if peavy and young keep up their current trends we may have a similar CY Young race a la the braves in the mid 90s.
Smell my mule.