Author Topic: Adrian Presents \'The Big Bang\' - 07/28/05 - Porter\'s; Westbrook, CT  (Read 16344 times)

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
    • http://
Adrian Presents \'The Big Bang\' - 07/28/05 - Porter\'s; Westbrook, CT
« Reply #75 on: July 28, 2005, 09:08:17 am »
:rimshot: BIG PHAT BUMP! :rimshot:
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

helluvahat

• I Like Dirt
« Reply #76 on: July 28, 2005, 09:20:27 am »
I\'m in!  can\'t wait!
Play some Weezer!!!

antbach

• bron bron bachinski
    • http://www.myspace.com/antbach
« Reply #77 on: July 28, 2005, 10:54:23 am »
I guess I overshot it with the 90% being in. I\'m out. Gonna be working until 7:30 at least, and will be miserable afterward. . .
"Okay everybody, for my next miracle, I\'m going to turn water into funk!"

Ant-Man

• govt.cheeze
« Reply #78 on: July 28, 2005, 11:13:19 am »
Only way I will be witnessing The Big Bang is a ride from Jed tonight. :)
3-4-05:  Inspired, enlightened, surprised, excited, confused, evoked euphoria, focused, newfound faith in music.

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
« Reply #79 on: July 28, 2005, 11:35:18 am »
:sadban: i wont be there. Adrian will tear shit up.... hopefully the show will go so well, there will just have to be more of them.
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
« Reply #80 on: July 28, 2005, 11:56:22 am »
There is: August 11. No excuses.
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
« Reply #81 on: July 28, 2005, 03:58:32 pm »
Hoooray! New Hope! i\'ll be there!!
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
« Reply #82 on: July 28, 2005, 05:32:10 pm »
Glad to make your day!

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #83 on: July 28, 2005, 06:34:07 pm »
Quote from: Mark
There is: August 11. No excuses.

What does this mean?
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Ant-Man

• govt.cheeze
« Reply #84 on: July 28, 2005, 06:39:13 pm »
Two Big Bang witnessings in two weeks, ser shit.
3-4-05:  Inspired, enlightened, surprised, excited, confused, evoked euphoria, focused, newfound faith in music.

Ant-Man

• govt.cheeze
Post show talk...
« Reply #85 on: July 29, 2005, 12:50:22 am »
Adrian was on fire and so was my face after I heard this amazing performance.  Good times!

BTW how did Gavin\'s crew get kicked out, how did they found out?

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #86 on: July 29, 2005, 01:42:27 am »
Absolutely ser.  3 setups were in use.  The best way to differentiate them would be 1. regular rock setup w/ Breakfast kit 2. Jazz kit with extra tom and melodic cowbells and blocks  3. Afro percussion set with djembe, wooden xylophony thingy, hand congas etc.  Incredible work, that\'s all I can say.  He closed with a complete and unabridged Grand Scheme of Things with special guest "the crowd" lalalaing select guitar parts.  Awesome.  Ad played a preposterous 56,817 notes.  The only drummer I have ever counted playing more notes in a single show was Jon Fishman at the 7.5 hour set at Big Cypress.  However, that was a totally different set of circumstances.  Adrian\'s pace tonight of over 10 notes per second for the whole show obviously obliterates any drummer\'s pace for any show in the history of music.  Hot diggety dog.

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #87 on: July 29, 2005, 01:49:47 am »
How was the crowd?  I can\'t picture Adrian playing drums by himself for such a long period of time.  I guess you need to see it to believe it.  Did he do any singing?
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

Ant-Man

• govt.cheeze
« Reply #88 on: July 29, 2005, 02:35:18 am »
No vocals just drums.  The crowd was in awe the whole time, jaws where to the ground.  Not a big crowd either, it was a very intimate senerio.

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #89 on: July 29, 2005, 05:35:01 am »
Quote from: Wolfman
Absolutely ser.  3 setups were in use.  The best way to differentiate them would be 1. regular rock setup w/ Breakfast kit 2. Jazz kit with extra tom and melodic cowbells and blocks  3. Afro percussion set with djembe, wooden xylophony thingy, hand congas etc.  Incredible work, that\'s all I can say.  He closed with a complete and unabridged Grand Scheme of Things with special guest "the crowd" lalalaing select guitar parts.  Awesome.  Ad played a preposterous 56,817 notes.  The only drummer I have ever counted playing more notes in a single show was Jon Fishman at the 7.5 hour set at Big Cypress.  However, that was a totally different set of circumstances.  Adrian\'s pace tonight of over 10 notes per second for the whole show obviously obliterates any drummer\'s pace for any show in the history of music.  Hot diggety dog.

this sounds absolutely phenomenal. wolfy, if this show is this good, there better have been a recording. if not, you could sell a ketchup popsicle to a woman in white gloves.  hot diggety bo biggety dog.

Now that\'s what I\'m talkin\' about!  :banana:
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash