Author Topic: Webcasting Bfast and Side Projects  (Read 1065 times)

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
Webcasting Bfast and Side Projects
« on: June 25, 2007, 02:35:36 am »
http://www.ustream.tv/

Anyone w/ a laptop, webcam, and internet access can webcast for free.

This site was used this past weekend to webcast TLG\'s 3 night run in Fairfax Ca. and it worked fairly well. They were using a wireless connection so it buffered quite a bit the first night but the next 2 nights were pretty problem free. If a land line is used results are much better.

So those of you with the above equipment start asking around the venues Tim plays and see what\'s available.
It may be another way to get the guys noticed out there and damn if I could hop on the net each week to see Tim play solo acoustic I would and think of how many others would tune in.

Just throwing shit out there per usual
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
    • http://
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 02:18:38 pm »
I know Fitzy has been tinkering with the idea of webcasting breakfast side project shows for a couple of years now........
I am not sure where he is on it at this point, but this site may help the process along.....
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2007, 02:23:16 pm »
I thought Fitzy said he had the ability to do audio webcasts but I see no reason that he can\'t do visual. He seems to have all the pieces of the puzzle.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2007, 02:34:57 pm »
Quote from: Spacey;150519
I thought Fitzy said he had the ability to do audio webcasts but I see no reason that he can\'t do visual. He seems to have all the pieces of the puzzle.

Technically you maybe right, however there is one puzzle piece that he may or may not have at this point in time.........and that is desire.
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2007, 03:47:30 pm »
This band already has enough trouble getting people out to the shows.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2007, 03:49:53 pm »
Hence why they will most likely only allow streams from sideprojects at this point.....

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2007, 05:02:48 pm »
It would really need to be OK\'d and coordinated with the venue ahead of time which is why it would be a bit of an issue for one of us fans to just bring the gear and setup.

I have the gear to do audio. I can do video but have no camera.

It is just a little more involved than just showing up and plugging in
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

leith

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2007, 06:30:44 pm »
Quote from: kindm\'s;150577
It would really need to be OK\'d and coordinated with the venue ahead of time which is why it would be a bit of an issue for one of us fans to just bring the gear and setup.

I have the gear to do audio. I can do video but have no camera.

It is just a little more involved than just showing up and plugging in

Quote from: leith;150443

So those of you with the above equipment start asking around the venues Tim plays and see what\'s available.

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2007, 05:55:57 pm »
Quote from: FrankZappa;150559

I don\'t think people would really just stay at home & watch on the computor instead of going out to shows.
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

leith

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2007, 08:16:59 pm »
Quote from: Gfunk;150731

I don\'t think people would really just stay at home & watch on the computor instead of going out to shows.

You\'re right George. This is just a way to get the band or a solo project some internet time. A way to get others not in the know a chance to check them out.

Steve mentioned the Band would probably only allow side projects to be webcasted which is entirely ludicrous thinking if the point of performing out is for people to see and hear them.

Anyway it is possible for the band to get some notice should be considered at this point.

Plus when they are on tour :lol: the fans back home may have a chance to check them out if the band\'s crew remembers the ustreamtv site and hooks it up at a venue w/ internet access.

Rujah

• team digest
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2007, 01:08:24 am »
Quote from: leith;150740

You\'re right George. This is just a way to get the band or a solo project some internet time. A way to get others not in the know a chance to check them out.

Steve mentioned the Band would probably only allow side projects to be webcasted which is entirely ludicrous thinking if the point of performing out is for people to see and hear them.

Anyway it is possible for the band to get some notice should be considered at this point.

Plus when they are on tour :lol: the fans back home may have a chance to check them out if the band\'s crew remembers the ustreamtv site and hooks it up at a venue w/ internet access.

cheap shots are for suckers, either you love and support the band or leave those alone who do and SHUT THE FUCK UP!

with that being said, i agree any exposure is good exposure.  

Over exposure friend or foe?
Depends if you are the average joe
And so it goes

you are right, they are not on tour, but then they are, I will be the first one in my van following them. in the time being, i would love to see some solo-acoustic and full band shows via webcast, well the ones i am unable to drive too. since i am down in orlando for the summer it would be cool to see both albany shows webcasted.

if not ser fast downloads will surfice. Thanks to whoever posted Lee\'s on archive.org, it was greatly appreciated.
Merge futhermucker just you merge You futhermucker merge merge futhermucker now

You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye - Raoul duke - Hunter S. Thompson, Fear&Loathing

Gimme breakfast..................

leith

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2007, 01:12:17 pm »
Quote from: Rujah;150763
Quote from: leith;150740

cheap shots are for suckers, either you love and support the band or leave those alone who do and SHUT THE FUCK UP!

with that being said, i agree any exposure is good exposure.  

Over exposure friend or foe?
Depends if you are the average joe
And so it goes

you are right, they are not on tour, but then they are, I will be the first one in my van following them. in the time being, i would love to see some solo-acoustic and full band shows via webcast, well the ones i am unable to drive too. since i am down in orlando for the summer it would be cool to see both albany shows webcasted.

if not ser fast downloads will surfice. Thanks to whoever posted Lee\'s on archive.org, it was greatly appreciated.

Rujah you make me :lol: You would be the first one in your van following them on tour? That is hilarious. Dude you cannot even make it to a Bfast show in your home state or even hometown sometimes. How do expect to keep up with the band on the road?

Have another drink and enjoy the humidity in FLA.

Rujah

• team digest
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2007, 01:50:32 pm »
first off my hometown is plattsburgh, not burlington. you\'re right my van probably wouldn\'t make it on the road since it has problems even making the trek over to burlington. at least i support the band and don\'t bash them every chance i get.

i haven\'t really been drinking much lately and i have been enjoying the A.C., laying by pool and hitting up the beach makes the humidity much less bearable.

now lets put this shit to bed. sorry to offend you leith. with your contacts as new lights guy, why don\'t you get the breakfast\'s name out there on the west coast so when they do come out there they will have fans at their shows.
Merge futhermucker just you merge You futhermucker merge merge futhermucker now

You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye - Raoul duke - Hunter S. Thompson, Fear&Loathing

Gimme breakfast..................

leith

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2007, 03:07:58 am »
Quote from: Rujah;150792
first off my hometown is plattsburgh, not burlington. you\'re right my van probably wouldn\'t make it on the road since it has problems even making the trek over to burlington. at least i support the band and don\'t bash them every chance i get.

i haven\'t really been drinking much lately and i have been enjoying the A.C., laying by pool and hitting up the beach makes the humidity much less bearable.

now lets put this shit to bed. sorry to offend you leith. with your contacts as new lights guy, why don\'t you get the breakfast\'s name out there on the west coast so when they do come out there they will have fans at their shows.

Hey Now Rujah. No Worries the only people on here that can even come close to offending me are the couple folk that I have made true friends with and even they have to go pretty far to offend me.

Now as to my bashing, I do believe for every complaint I have, I offer a solution. If you knew any of my history with the band you would know that EVERY time they have come out I have been one of their biggest supporters.
I could list all the things I have done on my own for the band in terms of promotion and such but I think you get the picture. Do I feel it is my right to bitch? Hell Yeah. Just as it is the band\'s right to ignore my bitching or take some of it under consideration.