Author Topic: Oh, Billy! Cocaine is a helluva drug.  (Read 21572 times)

KEN RAFLOWITZ

• Weird Ken Yankodic
Oh, Billy! Cocaine is a helluva drug.
« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2009, 10:59:28 pm »
My original intent for discussion was to challenge the horror
and destruction behind the drug scene.The love many of you
have for the substances indulged upon have turned this into a
mockery for all those who have suffered great pain at the
power of being dominated by these chemicals upon mind
and body. For many people Hell would have been a relief for
the heartache endured.I know I have a long list of great misery
gone through by people I know & also their families.

I was presenting to people to find contentment with who they
are without adding outside forces into the mind and body.
I don\'t know why such a heated argument came up over this.

It\'s quite insulting to me to be put in the same category as
a drug addict because I have a few beers. I only drink beer when
I\'m out because it doesn\'t interfere with my functions that much.
I also stop drinking my beer usually by midnight which gives
me two hours before I\'m on the road.

I had used the term "we are perfect the way we are" because
something special and divine is within each of us.If we feel this in
 our hearts then the need to fill ourselves up with substances
starts to fall away.I didn\'t want to bring all the world\'s problems into this.
Darfur,pollution,junk food,tupperware...

kindm\'s had a good time slandering my intent for people\'s well
being by twisting everything I meant into some horrible moron\'s
idea of a god or something stupid like that.

When I used drugs it was strickly for mystical reasons.
Not to party or indulge my time away in a stupor of self- indulgence.
The Native American way.
 (respect for what the spirit of the drug had to offer)
I was usually alone in nature.
The Native Americans called it a vision quest.
Native Americans also spent a period of time preparing their
mind and body to recieve an experience of attunement with
the forces around them.A little different approach than today\'s
party hearty attitude. I\'m not even against some intelligent,
responsible drug use.
Just put a purpose behind it. Have some control over it!

Talking about drugs with you people is like making fun of your spouse,
...don\'t go there boy or you\'ll be sorry!

ARE YOUR MINDS AS OPEN AS YOU THINK THEY ARE?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 12:08:21 am by KEN RAFLOWITZ »

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2009, 07:34:55 am »
Alcohol is one of the more addictive drugs. In fact more people are addicted to alcohol than any other drug. Cigarettes might give it a rune l for it\'s money but I don\'t feel like doing research to substantiate my statements.

Don\'t really know anyone addicted to ayahuasca, or whose life has been ruined by shrooms.

I have a soft spot for good ***** but I don\'t think I\'m any worse off...
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

jking

• thanks!!
    • http://
« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2009, 10:04:26 am »
It\'s quite insulting to me to be put in the same category as a drug addict because I have a few beers.

its quite insulting to be called a druig addict because i have a few puffs.

if you were addressing a group of hardcore addicts, you\'d have a better point. as it is, you are addressing mostly casual users of drugs, just as you, yourself are a casual user of a drug.

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2009, 10:09:35 am »
Quote from: KEN RAFLOWITZ;238328
I didn\'t want to bring all the world\'s problems into this.

Now I am curious....what the fuck is evil about tupperware?  They keep foods fresh and are reusable till basically infinity.  My mom still has some of her tupperware from the 70\'s......
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

NickNels

• \"That\'s a Deeeewwwww!\"
« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2009, 10:32:23 am »
Quote from: Stephengencs;238338

Now I am curious....what the fuck is evil about tupperware?  They keep foods fresh and are reusable till basically infinity.  My mom still has some of her tupperware from the 70\'s......

Since the \'70s???  Steve, you got to get her off that shit!  Tuperware ruins lives...haven\'t you seen the commercials?
"After some fun times, Luke spacedocked Marissa."

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2009, 10:34:06 am »

And it will be somewhere partially degraded yet in the year 5000.

The Pacific Plastic Island is already twice the size of Texas.

When plastic does finally start to break down to the molecular level, which takes a long ass time depending on the type of plastic and exposure to light and other elements, the plastic hydrocarbon molecules are virtually indestructable by nature and inevitably end up getting eaten by fish or other animals.

These plastic hydrocarbons build up in the body of an animal throughout it\'s lifetime, inevitably passed on up the food chain one way or another. They are known carcinogens and mutagens.

So yeah the more plastic we make the more we\'re filling our own bodies with cancer-causing plastic. Future generations are probably fucked when it comes to this, as most of the world\'s plastic in the form or garbage or products still in use haven\'t even begun to break down to the molecular level and mostly won\'t for a couple thousand years.

But yeah, that Pacific plastic island is pretty sexy, huh?
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

jking

• thanks!!
« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2009, 10:40:01 am »
personally, i believe we or something will evolve that can consume and live off of plastic. maybe not anytime soon, but plastic\'s gonna be around for a looong time, so eventually...

Mamalakabubadaya

« Reply #52 on: August 13, 2009, 10:43:59 am »
Quote from: NickNels;238339

Since the \'70s???  Steve, you got to get her off that shit!  Tuperware ruins lives...haven\'t you seen the commercials?

steve it isn\'t good to keep using those old school tupperware containers. tell marsha she can have some of mine. i have a ton of them and i barely use them because as you already know, i don\'t really cook...ever.

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #53 on: August 13, 2009, 10:54:15 am »
I would think that taking care of the uninsured, starving, homeless, families throughout OUR OWN COUNTRY is far more important that tupperware.....didnt see that anywhere on Kens list.......My mom doesn\'t still have her 70\'s tupperware, I was just trying to illustrate a point....and I know for a fact that my mom NEVER threw any of her tupperware into the ocean..........
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #54 on: August 13, 2009, 10:58:10 am »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;238340
So yeah the more plastic we make the more we\'re filling our own bodies with cancer-causing plastic.

That\'s okay, I eat a lot of brocoli...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

tyzack

« Reply #55 on: August 13, 2009, 11:04:04 am »
I feel that the whole discussion of "humans changing the earth" is viewed in way to small of a window.

To the earth, which is over 4 billion years old, a few thousand or even a million years, is really quiet insignificant. Its like saying that you aren\'t going to go running because you\'ll "polute" your body with lactic acid, which will, in time, go away.

...or at least that\'s my opinion.
Apartheid: A policy of segregation and political and economic discrimination.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #56 on: August 13, 2009, 11:15:33 am »
Yo momma.

On a broader point though, people are people no matter where their souls happen to sprout up. Fixing problems in "OUR OWN COUNTRY" is great... but don\'t forget the hundreds of millions of people all around the world who probably wish they were homeless in the United States.

When Greenland\'s glacier and the arctic ocean melts, which are already well underway (moreso the arctic ocean, but this is happening quickly and Greenland is right at the tipping point) the world ocean levels will rise enough to displace 15+ million people in Bangladesh...

Certain parts of Africa are fucked. The Misissippi Delta is fucked. The Chesapeake bay area is fucked. Much of Florida is fucked. Low lying coastal cities worldwide are fucked. And that\'s just rising oceans not to mention the extreme storms and fluctuations in weather that we are just beginning to experience.

But yea back to Stevie\'s mom :P

Quote from: tyzack;238345
To the earth, which is over 4 billion years old, a few thousand or even a million years, is really quiet insignificant.

Personally I got nowhere else to go..
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 11:15:33 am by bdfreetuna »

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #57 on: August 13, 2009, 11:21:00 am »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;238347

On a broader point though, people are people no matter where their souls happen to sprout up. Fixing problems in "OUR OWN COUNTRY" is great... but don\'t forget the hundreds of millions of people all around the world who probably wish they were homeless in the United States.

I do realize there are millions worse off than OUR worse off, but it seems we care more about the others than our own......

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #58 on: August 13, 2009, 11:35:11 am »
I guess I just see national borders as arbitrary when it comes to matters of life and dignity. Other nations are responsible for their own as well... some do a much better job than us and others are powerless.

Where\'s Robin Hood when you need him these days?

tyzack

« Reply #59 on: August 13, 2009, 02:00:38 pm »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;238347

Quote from: tyzack;238345
To the earth, which is over 4 billion years old, a few thousand or even a million years, is really quiet insignificant.

Personally I got nowhere else to go..

If we are still bound to this rock in a few thousand or even a million years, we deserve what it throws at us.

On average, a given species only lasts 400,000 years (lots of variation in that, yes), so we have about 300,000 left. We made slow progress over the first 90,000 years, but societies take a long time to form and we had to learn how to do alot of things; read, write, communicate, translate, make tools, etc to get where we are.

Things have been picking up considerably in the last 10,000 from fire to fission, the spread of organized farming, trade between tribes, sailing, navigation, spreading from furtile regions to cover the entire globe, we have an amazing history, and our potential as a species is limitless.

Should we cut and burn everywhere to go in the name of progess? Hell no! Should we try to stop harming the earth with the ultimate goal of repairing our damages to it? Hell yes!

Would the "world" suffer if we didn\'t? Nope.
"The world will go on without us."
Apartheid: A policy of segregation and political and economic discrimination.