Author Topic: Ct Hb06062 An Act Prohibiting Open Containers Of Alcoholic Beverages In Motor Vehicl  (Read 4593 times)

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
Quote from: zuke583;231689
Quote from: Yoda;231684
People need to realize that 0.08 is less than one full beer

false

depends on body weight and other factors
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
once again, this thread, like pretty much every thread on this board, has become "the people of .info vs. Yoda"
DS Newbers

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
Quote from: ds673488;231692
once again, this thread, like pretty much every thread on this board, has become "the people of .info vs. Yoda"

Fine, I\'ll take myself out of the open booze in car discussion so that everyone can agree that it\'s okay to booze it up as long as you\'re not driving...

http://www.beertown.org/education/calc/bac/bac.aspx

Fine, I was wrong on the amount, but how many people actually go to a show or bar and say, I\'m going to have 2 beers and that\'s it...  I do it, but I guarantee that I\'m not the majority...
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 12:50:01 pm by Yoda »
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
Quote from: SkyePrizm;231686
And while we are on the subject of DUI, here\'s my advice...

how about "don\'t drink and drive" :?:

Quote from: Yoda;231698

Fine, I was wrong on the amount, but how many people actually go to a show or bar and say, I\'m going to have 2 beers and that\'s it...  I do it, but I guarantee that I\'m not the majority...

:wave:
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
Quote from: FrankZappa;231703

Quote from: Yoda;231698

:wave:

Paul, you\'ve always been good like that, but the Paul\'s of the world are few and far between...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

SkyePrizm

• separator
Quote from: FrankZappa;231703

Of course that.  If you read what a wrote like two above it:

Moral of this: don\'t drive drunk, don\'t drive with open bottles. It\'s not rocket science here.

But also don\'t freaking pack a bowl and drive through the check point thinking you are safe cause you aren\'t drunk....

Quote from: ds673488;231692

Nice way to instigate a long drawn out battle today, Numbers.

I swear to god its like a freaking broken record on here.    If you don\'t agree with Yoda, don\'t agree with Yoda.  He has an effing right to his own opinion and the right to state it.   I hate the whole "let\'s pick on yoda cause its what everybody does."  Because honestly, thats what its become.  It lost its humor a loooooooooong ass time ago.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 01:23:41 pm by SkyePrizm »

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams

when you are going through a DUI Check point, smoking a bowl, joint, etc. isn\'t recommended.   Because they are looking for alcohol, that doesn\'t mean that pot is okay.  Remember they\'re cops.

Mark did a DUI check point on saturday night and had ZERO alcohol arrests, yet he had THREE marijuana arrests because brilliant individuals thought "that" was okay.  One kid actually had a bowl out in the open...BRILLIANT....

So much for you saying he doesn\'t care about pot and won\'t arrest people for it.

And your friend with 3 DUI\'s, Ya that guy is an alcoholic. He isn\'t some misunderstood guy etc, if you get pinched for 3 DUI\'s you have a drinking problem. It isn\'t bad luck, it is dumb luck. The guy is drinking all the time and getting behind the wheel.

I am really surprised he still has car insurance. most carriers are gonna drop you for 1, if u can even get ins after 2 it is going to be crazy expensive, now 3 on the other hand, I\'m surprised they haven\'t revoked his license already.
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
    • http://
it doesn\'t matter who it comes from if you talk like a tool your going to get called out on it.

as far as open containers and passengers..... what does it matter. it\'s the drivers responsibility to control themselves and if they feel whats going on it there car is threatening other motorist then its up to them to say something.

rt. 34 has ALWAYS been a bad section for years now.

if you get caught drunk driving 3 times..... you shouldn\'t be allowed to drive anymore period. if you don\'t have enough common sense to learn your lesson the first time then why should you be allowed to even drive a car. maybe if you had to pedal everywhere you would relish your privilege to drive.
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

SkyePrizm

• separator
Quote from: kindm\'s;231709
So much for you saying he doesn\'t care about pot and won\'t arrest people for it.

And your friend with 3 DUI\'s, Ya that guy is an alcoholic. He isn\'t some misunderstood guy etc, if you get pinched for 3 DUI\'s you have a drinking problem. It isn\'t bad luck, it is dumb luck. The guy is drinking all the time and getting behind the wheel.

I am really surprised he still has car insurance. most carriers are gonna drop you for 1, if u can even get ins after 2 it is going to be crazy expensive, now 3 on the other hand, I\'m surprised they haven\'t revoked his license already.

DUI check points are a different tale,  my friend.    The Chief and Higher ups are ALWAYS there.   He has no ability to make his own choices.   There is no forgiving any small pot infractions on those details.  No way.  Not when the man is there and they are working from money paid by state grants.  

I said once that he doesn\'t care when he is working his normal job as a narc.   Which is 60 hours of his week.....

yeah, my friend\'s dad is a jerk for getting caught that many times.   But also had bad luck, i bet there are plenty of people on here who drink and drive every weekend and never get caught.  I wouldn\'t call him alcoholic...because then maybe we all are.  Who doesn\'t go out drinking at least once a week???   Getting caught doesn\'t make you a bad person, just proves you made a bad choice.

He once had his license revoked but got it back...and  When he gets out, he will not have his license.  Once again moral of tale:  CT laws are strict.  Don\'t drink and drive.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 01:39:11 pm by SkyePrizm »

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
Heh, not as strict as in New Hampshire.

*not so patiently awaiting the reinstatement of my license in 2010.*
Masturbation in the MFA

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
Quote from: Yoda;231656
Is there a law that says that you should eat your own shit, no, but common sense says that you shouldn\'t.... .

A lot of people do not think for themselves/do everything as instructed by the book and would indeed eat shit if it was entered into law.

As for passengers boozing up in the car - how the fuck does it compromise the safety of the vehicle?  I regularly throw down a beer when headed out to a show.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 02:07:45 pm by alexanderzurflu »
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
Quote from: alexanderzurflu;231719
As for passengers boozing up in the car - how the fuck does it compromise the safety of the vehicle?  I regularly throw down a beer when headed out to a show.

Obviously you haven\'t been privy to the obnoxious drug who can\'t sit still in the car.  That can be a tad distracting to a driver.

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
Quote from: SkyePrizm;231711
Quote from: kindm\'s;231709

DUI check points are a different tale,  my friend.    The Chief and Higher ups are ALWAYS there.   He has no ability to make his own choices.   There is no forgiving any small pot infractions on those details.  No way.  Not when the man is there and they are working from money paid by state grants.  

I said once that he doesn\'t care when he is working his normal job as a narc.   Which is 60 hours of his week.....

yeah, my friend\'s dad is a jerk for getting caught that many times.   But also had bad luck, i bet there are plenty of people on here who drink and drive every weekend and never get caught.  I wouldn\'t call him alcoholic...because then maybe we all are.  Who doesn\'t go out drinking at least once a week???   Getting caught doesn\'t make you a bad person, just proves you made a bad choice.

He once had his license revoked but got it back...and  When he gets out, he will not have his license.  Once again moral of tale:  CT laws are strict.  Don\'t drink and drive.

To the bolded.
Yeah I am sure there are plenty of idiots on here that drink and drive on a daily basis. Doesn\'t make it right just because they don\'t get caught.
Damn engaged to a cop and you don\'t get this?

Your friend\'s dad is an alcoholic and yeah I would say many of you are alcoholics. Functional but alcoholics nonetheless.

There are a lot of people a lot that do not go out drinking once a week.

Quote from: Yoda;231722
Quote from: alexanderzurflu;231719

Obviously you haven\'t been privy to the obnoxious drug who can\'t sit still in the car.  That can be a tad distracting to a driver.

Oh and things happen to non drunk folk also and who is going to be able to drive the vehicle if the sober driver can not?

Fucking common sense is not so common in CT.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 02:29:53 pm by leith »
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
i\'d say in general pretty nobody has common sense
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

SkyePrizm

• separator
^^ Leith, i know its wrong to drink and drive, even when you don\'t get caught.   i just don\'t cast stones.  i\'ve done it myself.  sometimes we make bad decisions and its unavoidable.     it\'s wrong period.   But we\'ve all or majority have done it.   And just because i am engaged to him, doesn\'t mean i don\'t have a functioning will power to make my own choices.  I have done, will do, and still do things he doesn\'t approve of.     I guess he likes me for who I am, not what i do.

I seriously can\'t believe that someone on here doesn\'t drink at least once a week. Wow. Maybe I\'m an alcoholic.

Quote from: Vassillios;231726
i\'d say in general pretty nobody has common sense

I know i seriously don\'t.  I am the queen of bad choices.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 02:49:04 pm by SkyePrizm »