Author Topic: In need of some good vibes...  (Read 4792 times)

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
In need of some good vibes...
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2008, 09:29:30 pm »
Go Robyn\'s mom!  Stay strong!

postom

• let\'s go pens
    • http://
« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2008, 02:28:18 am »
hooray for robyn\'s mom!

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2008, 05:49:32 am »
Thinking of you and your family Robyn. Much love!
Masturbation in the MFA

bellbottomtear

• LLama LLover
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2008, 06:47:41 am »
Quote from: FreeSpirit;212087
Wow - all the positive thoughts must have worked... for now!  She just got out of surgery, and the doctor had really amazing news.  They said she has made extraordinary progress already.  She is in recovery now, and will start rehabilitation tomorrow afternoon.    If she does alright with rehab, she can start chemo in 6-8 weeks to begin knocking the cancer out of her body.  

Thanks so much for the great vibes & energy everyone! (((hugs)))

I was worried about you when I didn\'t hear from you Sunday.
I am so happy to hear the surgery went well!! and now she can work her back to complete health :)  I know its hard to go through what your going through.  If you need anything don\'t hesitate to ask.
lots of love
xoxoxox
"If it don\'t feel right you don\'t have to do it,
Just leave a message on the phone and tell them to screw it
After all is said and done you can\'t go pleasin\' everyone
So screw it"- John Lennon

oldnewbie

• it\'s recreational...
    • http://
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2008, 09:01:39 am »
hooray for good vibes!!! hooray for robyns mom!!!

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2008, 10:17:37 am »
RE: Chemo.

I know it may be a weird convo but don\'t leave the herbal remedies off the table. It does help and I really don\'t care about the legal ramifications when it comes to someone getting healthy and winning the battle.

I had it with my mom when my Aunt got diagnosed. I offered my help if they wanted it etc. The conversation with my mom was a little weird as she isn\'t really "hip" so my tip toe-ing around the subject didn\'t sink in, which was kind of funny. So I finally had to be blunt.

But really glad to hear that the first step of her recovery has been positive. That is a great sign
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

stefpav

• horse$hit shenanigans!
« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2008, 10:41:17 am »
wow...that\'s awful.  i hope everything is alright.  just stay strong and supportive...
if you need me i\'ll be in the Angry Dome!

inthewhitelodge

« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2008, 02:00:46 pm »
Any bfam is like family.....I send your mom Light in meditation.

OM~
"When I hold you, I hold everything that is-- swans, volcanoes, river rocks, maple trees drinking the fragrance of the moon, bread that the fire adores. In your life I see everything that lives."- Pablo Neruda:wave:

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2008, 02:44:42 pm »
good to hear things are looking better!
DS Newbers

daffodil

• http://phishhook.com/lists/antelope5
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2009, 06:21:15 pm »
hi - just wondering how robyn\'s mom is doing.

FreeSpirit

• Mrs. Tickler
    • http://www.myspace.com/robynsegali
« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2009, 06:48:26 pm »
Hey jill... I\'ll give you a quick update on things as of right now:

Her spinal surgery went well, but the doctors have all agreed that she\'s terminal.  Her breast cancer has fully spread throughout her bones, and they are suggesting many different medications and chemo.

She has refused all forms of treatment, and is coming to terms with the fact that she\'s at the end of the road.  As of the last week, when I fought with her to start some type of treatment, she hung up on me.  When I called her back a few hours later, her phone # had been disconnected.  I think I also need to start "accepting" her fate, but it\'s so difficult to think that she\'s just giving up.  Anyway, thanks for thinking of me... I guess right now vibes are needed to help her (and me!) deal with what will soon come to be.

“Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings. ”[/color]

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2009, 07:30:31 pm »
Awe, Robyn, my heart goes out to you.

FreeSpirit

• Mrs. Tickler
« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2009, 08:46:09 pm »
Thanks, Trey... it\'s definitely been weird dealing with someone who knows that their life is close to being over.  She looks okay, just very thin and frail.  She\'s going kind of ballistic as of lately, but I think it will be ok in the long run.  I dunno.  

Either way, it makes me so thankful that I\'m still alive with a living, breathing heart and I challenge each person who reads this to do something a little deeper than they normally would.  (and yes, that even goes for you, yoda -- complain, whine, & bitch more than normal - just to do it! ;) )  Thankfully, we\'re all still here trying to work things out.
“Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings. ”[/color]

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2009, 08:47:31 pm »
Robyn - my prayers go out to you.  Let me know if there\'s anything that I can do to help and you got it...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

FreeSpirit

• Mrs. Tickler
« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2009, 08:51:12 pm »
hmmm. how \'bout a few midget hookers, ellis-d on lights, and a few fungi\'s? ;)  :lol: oh, wait, you\'re married with children ;)

jk, thanks for the thoughts, ryan and... I hope you make it to a bfast show sometime in the next decade, brotha!