Author Topic: RIP Peter Zguzenski (MakisupaPJ)  (Read 7552 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
RIP Peter Zguzenski (MakisupaPJ)
« on: August 07, 2008, 09:43:40 am »
just found this out by accident. wow. :(

http://www.brookfield.k12.ct.us/page.cfm?p=9

Dear Brookfield High School Community,

I am deeply saddened to announce that Peter (P.J.) Zguzenski, our beloved science teacher and friend at Brookfield High School, passed away the weekend of August 2nd, 2008.  “Mr. Z.”, as the students called him, was a vibrant member of the Brookfield High School community.  His love and passion for life shone through in all that he accomplished.  As a wonderful teacher, athlete, musician, and friend, Mr. Z. will always be remembered by the BHS community.  We will all miss his ready smile, his eagerness to lend a hand, and his unwavering dedication to helping all students succeed, in his classes and in life.  His memory will always be an inspiration for us all.

A memorial scholarship is being established in honor of Mr. Z.  Please send contributions to “Brookfield High School, attention Mr. Z. Scholarship Fund, 45 Longmeadow Hill Road, Brookfield, CT, 06804”.

I consider myself fortunate to have had an opportunity to spend some time with P.J., both at Brookfield High School and at Litchfield High School where we worked together.  Whenever we spoke about teaching and learning, he always ended the conversation with, “I just want so badly to be the best teacher I can possibly be.  I care so much about these kids.”  I’ll never forget his drive to be the very best and his dedication towards all of his students.   He will be sorely missed by us all.

With Sadness,

Dr. Bryan D. Luizzi
Principal
Brookfield High School

PJ Zguzenski

PJ Zguzenski, age 34 of New Milford and Bantam Lake, died unexpectedly Monday, August 4, 2008. He was the son of Peter and Sharon (Ambrose) Zguzenski of Morris. PJ was born August 3, 1974 in Waterbury and grew up on Bantam Lake where he was actively involved in the Bantam Lake Ski Club. He graduated from WAMOGO High School and Florida Southern College with a major in Biology. He continued on to receive his Masters of Education at Bridgeport University.

Before beginning his teaching career at Brookfield High School, PJ spent four years traveling, snow boarding and pursuing his love of the outdoors. For the past five years, PJ had been an Anatomy and Physiology teacher at Brookfield High School. His passion for teaching came from his students and his love of science.

In addition to his parents, Peter and Sharon, PJ is survived by his sister, Leah Zguzenski of Tarrytown, N.Y.; and several aunts, uncles and cousins.

A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated 11 a.m., Friday, August 8 at St. Anthony of Padua Church, South Street, Litchfield. Burial will follow at Our Lady of Grace Cemetery in Bantam. Friends and family may call on Thursday, from 4 to 7 p.m. and Friday from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. prior to Mass at Rowe Funeral Home, 283 Torrington Road, Litchfield.

Memorial donations may be made to PJ Zguzenski Scholarship, c/o Brookfield High School, 45 Long Meadow Hill Road, Brookfield, CT 06804.

Published in the News Times on 8/6/2008

facebook group

Thursday, August 7, 2008
Between 4 and 9 pm
Rowe Funeral Home
283 Torrington Road
Litchfield, CT 06759
(860) 567-8708

Friday, August 8, 2008
Funeral at 11:00 am
St Anthony of Padua Catholic Church
49 South Street, Route 63
Litchfield, CT 06759

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2008, 09:46:22 am »
love and condolences....

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2008, 09:46:33 am »

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2008, 09:51:16 am »
My deepest sympathes to his family.  He was always kind to me even when I was a real PIA.  I never met the guy, but I will miss him.
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2008, 10:16:13 am »
this guy was so positive all the time on this board.  never said anything bad/mean/negative.  i never met him but im sure its a huge loss to those who knew him.  my deepest sympathy

my 2000th post out to you b-fast brother
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 10:16:13 am by ds673488 »
DS Newbers

jking

• thanks!!
    • http://
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2008, 10:21:26 am »
wow, my sincerest condolences...

FreeSpirit

• Mrs. Tickler
    • http://www.myspace.com/robynsegali
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2008, 10:21:31 am »
:rip: this makes me very sad... his birthday was last week :(

Last time we spoke on facebook, he talked about having the band play at his parents house for a big party... Goodbye to a GREAT guy.

Quote from: MakisupaPJ, June \'08 facebook comment
Yah.....my plans are to be fucked up EVERYDAY....and do what ever I feel like...oh and see some B-Fast shows...I want to have all of you guys up to my parents house on Bantam Lake in Litchfield...we have a beach, pontoon boat, and some jetsliis...it would be sick if we all hung out and camped by a beach fire and Tim and the boys played some music....shit....we could take donations to pay them...my parents have an acre of lake front property and we could all pictch tents and rock out on the beach...LETS DO IT....you know the band WAY better than me....I can host.....but people need to stay put and just chill like its a festival at Lil Peter\'s parents house...what do you think?......Lets get this party planned out!!!!!......SCHOOLS OUT FOR EVER!!!!!!!!
“Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings. ”[/color]

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2008, 10:31:03 am »
oh my god. This is horrible. :sadban:
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

oldnewbie

• it\'s recreational...
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2008, 10:31:04 am »
i only knew pj from the board. i hadn\'t had the pleasure at a show. i just read the danbury paper and by all accounts he was a super special person and will be extremely missed. rip peter!

SlimPickens

• just the tip
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2008, 10:43:10 am »
Only met him a couple times... what a tragedy.

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2008, 10:48:36 am »
I feel really weird about this now because I saw him on facebook on tuesday under "people you might know" and I was going to add him as a friend and just before I clicked on it something made me stop, that if I did he wouldn\'t approve it.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2008, 10:56:55 am »
Wow. he was younger than me by only a few months.

Does anyone know what happened ?
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2008, 10:59:18 am »
Quote from: kindm\'s;198570
Wow. he was younger than me by only a few months.

Does anyone know what happened ?

some are saying it was a brain aneurysm. guess that\'s unconfirmed, but a few people on the facebook group said that.

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2008, 11:02:46 am »
shocking news.

life is so unpredictable.

live it and and love it to the fullest every single day.

RIP PJ

Buquebus

• SER breakfast geek
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2008, 11:28:57 am »
such a rad d00d!! he will be missed :inky:  :rip::guitar:
Not sure what is gonna transpire. Regardless, we ain\'t gonna forget the gravy.