Author Topic: 2010-11 NBA Thread aka Shit Talk Central.  (Read 46613 times)

SkyePrizm

• separator
2010-11 NBA Thread aka Shit Talk Central.
« Reply #75 on: December 30, 2010, 02:59:34 pm »
totally do not like the fact rondo is still out injured and now KG.  i know rondo will bounce back, but KG started this season playing the way he used to and looked the best he had in awhile. I hope this doesn\'t begin a replay of last season....

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #76 on: December 30, 2010, 05:04:09 pm »
Quote from: SkyePrizm;264361
totally do not like the fact rondo is still out injured and now KG.  i know rondo will bounce back, but KG started this season playing the way he used to and looked the best he had in awhile. I hope this doesn\'t begin a replay of last season....

The true sign of Champions is playing through injuries. The Lakers have won 2 in a row with either Bynum at half or without him entirely. When Garnett was hurt 2 years ago the celts couldn\'t pull through and when Perkins went down in the 7th game this year they wilted again.

The Lakers started a different line-up for the first time this year last night with Bynum starting, Pau going back to PF and Lamar coming off the bench. It resulted in the type of basketball Lakers fans have become accustomed to the past 3 years. Now hopefully the new additions will start showing that hunger for a ring and it transfers to the rest of the team lolly gagging through the season.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

leith

« Reply #77 on: January 11, 2011, 11:40:13 pm »
The Lakers are 7 of 8 with 5 in a row since Bynum has come back into the starting line-up. Using height and length in the post much better with him. GO LAKERS!!!!

Coming up to the halfway point in the next week and the league is looking like the same with 2 of the east\'s leading playoff teams so far not even at .500 by more than a few games.

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #78 on: January 12, 2011, 12:05:56 pm »
Quote from: leith;264692
The Lakers are 7 of 8 with 5 in a row since Bynum has come back into the starting line-up. Using height and length in the post much better with him. GO LAKERS!!!!

Coming up to the halfway point in the next week and the league is looking like the same with 2 of the east\'s leading playoff teams so far not even at .500 by more than a few games.

I am looking at nba.com and six east teams are above .500.    I think that is pretty darn good.  Boston, Miami, and Chicago being fairly well above.  

And if you wanna get really technical:  Celtics  .757   Lakers  .718

I am not a big stats person.  I  just wanted to make that point :)

leith

« Reply #79 on: January 12, 2011, 10:05:04 pm »
Quote from: SkyePrizm;264704
Quote from: leith;264692

I am looking at nba.com and six east teams are above .500.    I think that is pretty darn good.  Boston, Miami, and Chicago being fairly well above.  

And if you wanna get really technical:  Celtics  .757   Lakers  .718

I am not a big stats person.  I  just wanted to make that point :)

Uh how many playoff teams make it in each conference?
8 and right now the last 2 that would make it in are not even at .500 because the East sucks which leads me to your other point.
Yeah The Lakers play in a tougher conference and when they play the least conference they have a winning record by a lot (14-4) the celts play in a shit conference and are only 7-4 vs the West. So I expect that winning percentage to decrease as they play more of the better Conference in the West.
Lakers will have the same amount of Wins after tonight\'s game as the celts.
GO LAKERS!!!!!

frolfer

• breakfast geek
« Reply #80 on: January 13, 2011, 07:17:40 am »
I am a long time Clippers and Suns fan so I haven\'t had a whole lot of good stuff to talk about here. But after LeBron\'s comments after the Cavs loss to the Lakers about karma, its so awesome that the Clips laid the beat down on the Heat last night. Take that son!

Sure its one game in the regular season, and the Heat will be playing for something come spring while the Clips will be playing golf or something. But its still awesome and puts a smile on my face on this cold winter morning. Well, that and some Breakfast on the stereo!!
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #81 on: January 26, 2011, 06:15:22 pm »
Perk was back last night against the Cavs, which is great news.  He had a solid 16 minutes.  I don\'t blame Doc for going easy on him.  As much as he annoyed me last year in the playoffs, being in constant foul trouble, he is a happy sight to see.

C\'s (at 34-10) are #1 in the Eastern Conference, while the Lakers (33-13) are #2 in the West. Waiting patiently for January 30th....

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #82 on: January 26, 2011, 06:40:19 pm »
i hope shaq is back for that game.

let me say that, as somebody without a team, this is by far the best season of the nba that i remember. so many good teams and players and subplots. the only way it could end is celtics-lakers
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #83 on: January 26, 2011, 06:59:26 pm »
Quote from: zuke583;265243

Me too. I am sure he will be though.  He has been in and out of play this season. But when he is there, he has made an impact and filled that void with Perk out.  And with Perk playing limited minutes, he will be needed.

so many good teams and players and subplots.

So true.
As much as Leith knocks the east, there is plenty to watch besides the Celtics.  
Heat and Lebron.  Magic.  The new and improved Knicks.

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #84 on: January 26, 2011, 08:20:43 pm »
Quote from: SkyePrizm;265245

Me too. I am sure he will be though.  He has been in and out of play this season. But when he is there, he has made an impact and filled that void with Perk out.  And with Perk playing limited minutes, he will be needed.

so many good teams and players and subplots.

So true.
As much as Leith knocks the east, there is plenty to watch besides the Celtics.  
Heat and Lebron.  Magic.  The new and improved Knicks.

Bulls.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #85 on: January 26, 2011, 08:55:52 pm »
the heat will suck so bad in the playoffs it\'s going to be hilarious.
*Gia*

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #86 on: January 30, 2011, 01:31:18 pm »
miami/okc on right now. looking like a classic already
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #87 on: January 30, 2011, 06:08:55 pm »
BOOYAH!  Lakers are about to get pwned by the Celtics.  Where\'s Gasol, Artest and Odom?  Kobe is playing good but 1 guy can\'t take out a whole team by himself.   see ya in the finals, if they make it that far.

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
    • http://
« Reply #88 on: January 30, 2011, 06:15:21 pm »
Booyah!
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

leith

« Reply #89 on: January 30, 2011, 06:17:54 pm »
Quote from: Igziabeher;265407
BOOYAH!  Lakers are about to get pwned by the Celtics.  Where\'s Gasol, Artest and Odom?  Kobe is playing good but 1 guy can\'t take out a whole team by himself.   see ya in the finals, if they make it that far.

It was a good game until the middle of the 3rd when Pau just decided he wasn\'t interested anymore. I\'m really tired of that guy not putting in the dirty work during the season. Bynum looked good.
Celtics looked a lot more interested in the game then every Laker but Kobe and Derek.
Enjoy it.
I hope The Lakers lose in Boston also.
It will give celt fan something to hang onto when The Lakers celebrate another Championship in June.