Author Topic: Setlist: 6-30-05 The Smokin Boomers @ SBC (Branford)  (Read 3026 times)

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
    • http://
Setlist: 6-30-05 The Smokin Boomers @ SBC (Branford)
« on: July 01, 2005, 01:59:52 pm »
The Smokin Boomers are: Timmy Palmieri-Fender Tele; Ian Scumacher-Taylor Acoustic and Vocals; Sean "Jedi" Miller-Mandolin and Vocals

1: Stuck In The Middle With You, Hurt So Good, Yellow Ledbetter, Bad Moon Rising(1), Ants Marching, Little Wing(2),Plush, Touch Of Gray, Wild Horses(3), Stir It Up(4)

2: Bertha, Me And Julio(5), Gin And Juice,Castles Made Of Sand, If I Had A Million Dollars, The Ballad Of Curtis Lowe, Magic Carpet Ride(6), Bubbletoes(7), Dyer Maker(8), Southern Cross(9), Send Me On My Way, Change Your Evil Ways,Teach Your Children

1- Stupid fucking TPalms begins to own faces and starts wettin panties.  He Basically led Sean and Ian into a ser Bad Moon Jam

2- PFFFFT!!!

3- It becomes officially clear to me (.confirmed for life) that Timmy Palmieri is a fucking ROCK GOD and 100% pure entertainment

4- TPalms w/ Rastafari chant intro//Ian changes one "stir it up" in each chorus to "lick my nuts".  and older couple leave in disgust

5- Just realized that when I am watching Timmy play the guitar, he consistantly puts an expression on my face that looks like I am smelling a nasty pile of shit.  This is due to his fucking shit being so fucking nasty.

6- Inspired Magic Carpet Ride jam

7- TPalms is moistening panties to the point of sopping wet drips

8- Unbelieveable Timmy scat-a-tat-tat solo jam (personal highlight of the night for me)

9- W/ Imperial March teases and Ser TPalms silly onstage antics

Bold tunes are my requests submitted before show. Thanks Guys!

At set break I walked into a conversation between Timmy and someone where Tim was saying that he is starting to delve completely into his music and really starting to focus on his songwriting.... This caused me to poop a little in my pants....cause It is Mothafuckin ON now.....

Personally I would never ever set foot in SBC (branford) if TPalms and the boomers werent there.  The place is a fucking joke and I cant stand the fact that I have the sense of vision when in there.

However, Timmy and crew were on fire all night even thought the crowd was pretty light.  Watching Timmy all night was cracking me up to the point where I had to walk away because I would have fell to the ground in hysterics.  The interplay between Timmy and Sean was priceless.  Tim would constantly look over at Sean and play a little sick riff to get Seans attention and then play an even sicker riff and Sean would then follow it up with a sick mando riff of his own.....

All in all it was a silly night at SBC.  I spent not one dollar in SBC and never will, but had a fucking blast.  If it wasnt for FreeSpirit, Todd, and Curtis showing up, I would have been a solo space traveller all night long...and that still would have been alright.....

so on to tonight.....
See you in the Elm City....
I truly cannot wait....
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

SlimPickens

• just the tip
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2005, 02:06:35 pm »
If Tim started a cult, how long would it take Steve to drink the Koolade?

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2005, 02:13:12 pm »
Are you sure he hasn\'t already drank the Koolade
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

SlimPickens

• just the tip
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2005, 02:16:51 pm »
well since he\'s not tits up, I assume no.  unless years of chemical abuse has given him a tolerence to poison.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2005, 02:17:08 pm »
or possibly a mind altering serum?

how many times does he use, panty moister, when refering or describing TPalms?

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2005, 02:18:03 pm »
Quote from: SlimPickens
If Tim started a cult, how long would it take Steve to drink the Koolade?

Just because I am openly passionate about my thoughts and feelings for the best guitarist I have ever seen pick up a guitar, and should eventually become one of the best to EVER touch a sixstring, does that make me a cultish freak?  If it does then pass the kool-ade, but make it ELECTRIC....

well since he\'s not tits up, I assume no.  unless years of chemical abuse has given him a tolerence to poison.

who are you kidding?
I got tits....
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela

SlimPickens

• just the tip
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2005, 02:19:21 pm »
Quote from: Spacey

I used to think that he used that phrase in reference to the females at the shows...

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2005, 02:19:35 pm »
Quote from: Stephengencs
does that make me a cultish freak?

yes, yes it does!

here is your kool-ade

SlimPickens

• just the tip
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2005, 02:20:56 pm »

who are you kidding?
I got tits....[/QUOTE]
yeah, but unless you\'ve gotten some augmentation done since the last time I saw you, I assume that still point in the direction you\'re walking.

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2005, 02:24:24 pm »
Quote from: Spacey

I used to think that he used that phrase in reference to the females at the shows...

yes it is in reference to the ladies at a timmy/breakfast show.......
watch tonight...and you will see the point of moisture in ladies eyes....

I dont know why I have to say this, but I will anyway......

I have no homosexual love and/or lust for Timmy, Freddiewaht, The Breakfast, or anyone in the scene that I am seen hugging and/or kissing....  Are you gay because you give your father, brother, uncle a kiss and/or hug?  I think not...well unless you do it in an inscestuous erotic way....

My love is for the amazing feeling of family i get from all of you out there.....

I dont think I will ever to be able to describe fully what the band and the friends i have made and will continue to make in this scene have done for me and my life.....it goes way deeper than just giving me a reason to NOT drive my car off a bridge or into oncoming traffic.....

so thank you and I love you ALL....

weekapaug19

• In the house
    • http://www.phishhook.com/lists/weekapaug19
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2005, 02:26:17 pm »
curtis lowe....sick choice for a song
"I don\'t know if it\'s an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we\'ll all B-Flat"  -The Goonies

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2005, 02:26:28 pm »
makes me teary eyed just reading this.

SlimPickens

• just the tip
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2005, 02:27:08 pm »
Ever hear that comedian Dane Cook talk about the Kookaid guy bustin\' through the wall at his house?

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2005, 02:54:22 pm »
I agree Steve, the scene at SBC is quite bizarre, to ay the least. The last time I was there, the only person I knew other than the band was Tangie. The rest was a freak show. Will have to make to one of these soon however, as I understand Mr Boomacher is heading south.

Wish I was there for footnote #4. Must have been priceless!
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

Whathefunk

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2005, 03:01:50 pm »
Quote from: stephengencs
At set break I walked into a conversation between Timmy and someone where Tim was saying that he is starting to delve completely into his music and really starting to focus on his songwriting.... This caused me to poop a little in my pants....cause It is Mothafuckin ON now.....

rotfl