Author Topic: Setlist: 2/16/05 Solo Timmy @ Richter\'s  (Read 1444 times)

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
    • http://
Setlist: 2/16/05 Solo Timmy @ Richter\'s
« on: February 17, 2005, 10:46:47 pm »
1: Dont Think Twice It\'s Alright, Isn\'t It A Pity>Fearless>Faster Than A Porpoise>Hey Hey What Can I Do, Tangerine, Sunny Afternoon(1), Teddy Boy>Sick Jam>Question Mark And The Mind, Subterranean Strawberry Homesick Fields Blues Forever(2), The Man Who Sold The World>59th Street Bridge Song (Feelin Groovy)>Walk On The Wild Side, Uncle Albert>Admeral Halsey>SWLABR>Admeral Halsey(3), The Great Big Firey Ball In The Sky>Lady Madonna, Champagne Supernova>Cocaine

2: Still Rock And Roll To Me, Mike\'s Song>Ser Jam>Sunshine Superman>Weekapaug Groove, I Wanna Get High>Joe\'s Garage>Simple (flubbed)>Joe\'s Garage, Karma Police(4)>Hard Luck Harry>Score>Hard Luck Harry(5), 50 Ways To Leave Your Lover, Light My Fire>Moondance Teaser>Light My Fire, Wegwich Intro>Fade To Black>Blackbird>Black Hole Sun>Paint It Black>Fade To Black

E: Clean House(6)

1 - Fresh Cut intro
2 - TPalmswich
3 - $20 Walshwich
4 - Tim breaks high E or B string in a sick jam at the end of the tune
5 - quick string change break
6-  ser tim original played at a diesel show at callahans and maybe  
     at a breakfast show or two

Sorry for the delay in getting the list up.

We really needed a night like last night for a solo timmy show at richters.  the weather has not really cooperated with us for TT\'05 so far, but then again it is winter....  

With Dobz and Mandler (+3 ladies) making the show, the usual wednesday night suspects, and the steady flow of people diggin the music, I must say that the sausage factor was low for the first time in a while.  The crowd was enjoying the show.  And Timmy was tearing it up.  

I like to see the "segwich" making a permanent appearance into the consiences of timmy, the breakfast, and the fans alike.  It makes for a creative night for all, especially on a solo timmy night or boomers show when covers are the predominant selection.  Timmy even put together his first \'wich (vocally anyway) with the Subterranean Strawberry Homesick Fields Blues Forever.   He even told me that is how he wanted it noted in the setlist....

The highlights were plentiful last night starting right off the bat with an Isn\'t It A Pity>Fearless>Faster Than...  The Fresh Cut intro is pretty mean on timmy\'s part, but its fucking sweet, and the Sunny Afternoon, Teddy Boy>SickJam>Question Mark was amazing.  Watching Tim play his Taylor will drop the jaw of even the toughest, snobbiest music critic.  Unreal what he does with 6 damn strings.

Any \'wich with SWLABR in it is gold and the Uncle Albert/Admeral Halsey wegwich rocked.  Probably my numero uno highlight of the show until the Clean House encore.  The music to that tune is so tasty and the lyrics are just plain classic.

I must also add an honorable mention to the Mikes>Sick Jam>Sunshine Superman>Weekapaug.  The "sick jam" had a real buquebus-ie feel too it, but I am not that good in picking out teases and fake outs.......

I was debating with fitzy and then later with Wah whether this was the best timmy richters show...Fitzy said it didn\'t top 1/12/05.  Wah says last nights was better.....   I am still on the fence, but no matter what, it appears that Timmy Tour 2005 will live on as Tim announced that he will be appearing at Richters every Wednesday in March......
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

DocEllis70

• shottynasalGuinness
    • http://www
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2005, 11:19:57 pm »
man..i brought up \'clean house\' at the last one, and what the heck..who requested it this week???..who stole my request and got it!?!?
sleep a lot...eat a lot, brush em like crazy. Run a lot...do a lot, never be lazy..

ChrisF

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2005, 01:04:07 pm »
Originally posted by DocEllis70
man..i brought up \'clean house\' at the last one, and what the heck..who requested it this week???..who stole my request and got it!?!?

matt requested it and left long before it was played, so i am sure he is just as upset as you are. tim forgot the last verse, so he needs to play the song again. maybe you will get to hear it if you dont skip next week.

DocEllis70

• shottynasalGuinness
    • http://www
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2005, 01:30:20 pm »
Originally posted by ChrisF
maybe you will get to hear it if you dont skip next week.

dont worry chris, i have a note from my mom..it will be an excused absence
sleep a lot...eat a lot, brush em like crazy. Run a lot...do a lot, never be lazy..

WALSH

• Mahoney
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2005, 07:03:18 pm »
\'Twas sick, and definately a good turn out.  Have to say that 1/12/05 still holds the "best" title for the TT05 shows and one of the best TT shows but how can we forget either 232 "Final" shows or this classic that I still think is best ever...

6-23-04 Solo Timmy, Cliffahans (Not Recorded) quote:  

Cliffy\'s Birthday

1: Heatherless Heather, The Continuing Story Of Bungalow Bill, Riders On The Storm, Space Oddity, Voodoo Child, Joe\'s Garage, Beachwood Park, LongView, Pretty Little Ditty, Tangerine> Over The Hills And Far Away (Instrumental w/ audience singing), Women & Children First, Happy Together, Teddy Boy, If You Want It (Come and Get It), My Life, Happy Birthday To Cliffy "you say its your birthday", Boris the Spider, Francis Farmer Will Have Her Revenge On Seattle, Lady Madonna>Lady Madonna Outro*

2 Still Rock and Roll To Me, With A Little Help From My Friends, Catholic Girls#, Undone (The Sweater Song), Black Hole Sun, YEM>Deuling Banjos>BLackbird>YEM>Buquebus (sick \'shout it out\' part), Paint It Black, Brain Damage/Eclipse, LAST CALL, Muppet Show Theme, Fraggle Rock Theme, God Bless America

Veteran to Rookie in 2.4 seconds.....

What ever happened to the "Last Call" song always a fun staple at 232.  This had the best and longest 1st set ever.  The YEM->Paint it Black was an early attempt at a Wegwich and it was well before the Wich actually had its own intro and outro...Tim added the "Banjoes" on his own.  I miss 232!

« Last Edit: February 18, 2005, 07:08:52 pm by WALSH »
Too fat for a tandem bike, and too drunk for a Mountain Bike...taste the fear.