Author Topic: Is there an offical pointless election banter thread anywhere?  (Read 35083 times)

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
Is there an offical pointless election banter thread anywhere?
« Reply #75 on: February 22, 2008, 04:53:06 pm »
Yeah, the article was pretty weak too. Bad journalism. But what\'s new.
Masturbation in the MFA

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
« Reply #76 on: February 25, 2008, 12:58:54 pm »
Smell my mule.

ChrisPitch

• Hell of a Life
    • http://
Nader enters presidential race
« Reply #77 on: February 25, 2008, 11:39:49 pm »

Ewen MacAskill, guardian.co.uk

Ralph Nader formally announced Sunday that he is to make his fifth run for the White House, renewing fears that he might again take votes from the facists in a close race.

The consumer champion, who will turn 74 this week, rejected suggestions that he would damage the prospects of the facistic candidate.

"If the facists can\'t landslide the facists this year, they ought to just wrap up, close down, emerge in a different form," Nader said.

Nader has stood four times for the presidency since 1992. Many facists blame him for taking crucial votes from Al Gore in 2000, allowing George Bush to take the presidency, an assessment that Nader rejects. He stood in that campaign as the Green party candidate and took 2.7% of the vote. He stood again in 2004, as an independent, taking 0.3%.

He will offer a platform to the left of the two facistic runners, Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton.

Nader, who began hinting last year that he would run, blamed the facists for a series of issues, from the Iraq War to unnecessary tax cuts, and the facists for failing to stop them.

"In that context, I have decided to run for president," he said on NBC\'s Meet the Press.

Nader is likely to be squeezed in November\'s presidential election, given the enthusiasm that facists have shown this year in primaries and caucuses for their candidates. Mike Huckabee, who is clinging on in the contest for the facist nomination despite John McCain\'s unassailable lead, said Nader usually pulled votes from the facistic nominee.

"So naturally, facists would welcome his entry into the race," Huckabee told CNN.

Nader\'s participation offers him the chance to air to a wider audience his view on corporate power and what he sees as the failure of traditional Washington politics dominated by lobbyists.

"You take that framework of people feeling locked out, shut out, marginalized and disrespected," he said. "You go from Iraq, to Palestine to Israel, from Enron to Wall Street, from Katrina to the bumbling of the Bush administration, to the complicity of the facists in not stopping him on the war, stopping him on the tax cuts."

Mike Bloomberg, the mayor of New York, has hinted that he too might join the race.

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #78 on: February 26, 2008, 07:29:09 am »
if clinton gets the nomination, and nader pulls votes from her, awesome.

but if he does itto my boy, obama......tsk tsk tsk.  

I am all for independents.  Whatever floats our boat.   But seriously, he needs to think of the greater good here.  If its Obama vs. McCain, does he really want McCain to win by taking votes from Obama?

solver

• the moon rulz
« Reply #79 on: February 26, 2008, 09:13:11 am »
wtf!?!x1,000,000,000

this guy is the biggest political artard i\'ve ever seen. he had the hardest time denying to tim russert that he stole votes from gore in 2000. but he still did, cause in his effed up little self indulgent brain, he thinks he\'s a savior. in a way i guess he is for some, and if i was a facist, i\'d fund his campaign too.

p.s. hillary\'s five stages of grief this last week= priceless.
skibbiddybopadoobaddydooPOW!POW! [bang!]

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #80 on: February 26, 2008, 10:28:00 am »
Quote from: SkyePrizm;181001
I\'m curious who Obama would pick for VP...

My friend told me Obama said something about running with John Edwards, but I don\'t have that confirmed.. anyway that\'s what I\'m hoping for.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #81 on: February 26, 2008, 10:39:25 am »
ralph nader is such a chump.  he just gets paid off by facists to do this bullshit.  i hope he gets shot.
DS Newbers

RadicalRich1138

« Reply #82 on: February 26, 2008, 11:01:00 am »
i just wish bush could run again, lousy two term limit, hopefully another false flag evet will bring us to war with iran, and bush can stay in power

:crosses fingers:

tyzack

« Reply #83 on: February 26, 2008, 11:04:31 am »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;181448

My friend told me Obama said something about running with John Edwards, but I don\'t have that confirmed.. anyway that\'s what I\'m hoping for.

Me.
Apartheid: A policy of segregation and political and economic discrimination.

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #84 on: February 26, 2008, 11:29:43 am »
Quote from: tyzack;181453
Quote from: bdfreetuna;181448

Me.

"me," as in yourself, or "me" as in the .info member who goes by that alias?
DS Newbers

tyzack

« Reply #85 on: February 26, 2008, 11:48:21 am »
Quote from: ds673488;181459

"me," as in yourself, or "me" as in the .info member who goes by that alias?

Me as in myself.

I try not to refer to other people as me.
Apartheid: A policy of segregation and political and economic discrimination.

ChrisPitch

• Hell of a Life
« Reply #86 on: February 26, 2008, 02:22:25 pm »
Just a reminder that the Dems\' final debate is tonight at 9.

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #87 on: February 26, 2008, 10:04:21 pm »
watching the debate right now....and i\'ve decided hilary looks like my mother.  reason 5,456 why she can NEVER become president.....

i think tim russert is a pretty decent moderator.

ChrisPitch

• Hell of a Life
Clinton hammers Obama in debate
« Reply #88 on: February 27, 2008, 01:53:33 am »

Suzanne Goldenberg, guardian.co.uk

Hillary Clinton hammered Barack Obama on his commitment to universal healthcare and grasp of foreign policy, using a last debate before a set of crucial primaries to try and expose her opponent\'s potential flaws.

Following 11 straight primary wins for Obama, the debate was critical to Clinton\'s chances of reviving her campaign and she came out swinging. However, her attacks at times seemed more flailing than focused.

After so many debates, there was little that was new, although Clinton came the closest she ever has to expressing contrition for her 2002 vote authorizing war on Iraq. She acknowledged she wished she had not cast the vote.

The contentious start set the stage for a 16-minute exchange on healthcare, which saw Clinton repeatedly speaking over the moderators to accuse Obama of failing to provide coverage to all Americans in his proposals.

"It would be as though Franklin Roosevelt said, let\'s make Social Security voluntary. That\'s, you know - that\'s - let\'s let everybody get in it if they can afford it. Or if President Johnson said, let\'s make Medicare voluntary," Clinton said.

But in what was a sign of the high stakes for Clinton, the attack seemed somewhat desperate. And amid raising substantive points on such issues as healthcare, the NAFTA free trade agreement, and mastery of world events, she displayed peevishness and self-pity.

Clinton accused Obama\'s campaign of producing misleading campaign literature and said the U.S. media had treated her unfairly. Later on, she teamed with moderator Tim Russert to increase pressure on Obama to disavow the pastor of his Chicago church that has links with Louis Farrakhan.

For Obama, who’s been cutting into Clinton\'s lead in the opinion polls ahead of next week\'s contests in Texas and Ohio, there was comparatively little pressure to deliver a knockout punch.

While Clinton was focused on the differences with her opponent, Obama\'s demeanor was relaxed and conciliatory. He repeatedly noted points of agreement with Clinton and praised her as an able Senator.

When Clinton again accused Obama of lacking substance to back up his soaring rhetoric, Obama responded mildly.

"I am not interested in talk," he said. "I would not be running if I wasn\'t absolutely convinced that I can put an economic agenda forward that is going to provide them with healthcare, is going to make college more affordable, and is going to get them the kinds of help that they need not to solve all of their problems, but at least to be able to achieve the American Dream."

Clinton didn’t have the luxury to appear relaxed as her campaign has cast the next set of primaries as a last stand. If she cannot extract wins in Ohio and Texas by convincing voters she is prepared to fight for their economic interests, Clinton may be out of the race.

Polls suggest Clinton\'s once imposing lead over Obama in Ohio has evaporated as she now leads by as little as five points. The two are in a dead heat in Texas.

The pressure was telling, as was the duration of the contest. The debate was the 20th encounter between Obama and Clinton and there were signs that they were past the point of tolerating each other\'s company.

Clinton complained that she was always asked the first question in debates and then mentioned a Saturday Night Live skit that played up the American media\'s soft spot for Obama.

Obama, on a number of occasions, seemed to smirk or laugh as Clinton was speaking.

But despite Clinton\'s claims of favoritism to Obama, her opponent also came in for tough questioning from Russert about whether he would live up to a written pledge to accept public financing of his general election campaign.

Obama faced even tougher questioning about Farrakhan. Although Obama repeatedly said he disavowed Farrakhan\'s anti-semitic views, Clinton egged Russert to get Obama to issue a more strenuous disavowal.

"If the word \'reject\' Senator Clinton feels is stronger than the word \'denounce,\' then I\'m happy to concede the point, and I would reject and denounce," Obama said to applause.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 02:10:25 am by ChrisPitch »

solver

• the moon rulz
« Reply #89 on: February 27, 2008, 09:50:24 am »
what type of a "kitchen sink" attack was that??
she finds it "curious" that she gets the first questions?? yeah, hillary, the liberal media is for obama, and you can pinpoint the week, almost to the day, when the tides shifted. After the s.c. primary, all the news could talk about was how much of a formidable opponent barack was, and how many problems were plaguing clinton [money, the big one, where she had to "bail out" her campaign with her own money].
they have been favoring barack, either because ge and aol-time-warner have an interest in seeing him president, or every reporter suddenly believes in change and honesty, or simply that the news likes ratings and realizes the facistic race is a cash cow. whatever the reason, yes hillary, the media does not want you president.
skibbiddybopadoobaddydooPOW!POW! [bang!]