Author Topic: Breakfast Digest rolls out first issue...  (Read 73629 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
Breakfast Digest rolls out first issue...
« Reply #90 on: August 29, 2005, 01:02:51 pm »
thanks girls! ;)

weekapaug19

• In the house
    • http://www.phishhook.com/lists/weekapaug19
« Reply #91 on: August 29, 2005, 01:44:06 pm »
dave, i noticed you are handing out sample cd\'s during thier set, do you think it would be better to do it beforehand in the campground so people will listen to them and then go see them on sat. night?  just a thought
"I don\'t know if it\'s an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we\'ll all B-Flat"  -The Goonies

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #92 on: August 29, 2005, 01:55:47 pm »
Not a bad thought. Maybe, even find people at the Electric Company who are going to moe.down and might have never heard the band before. Get there early and get people tuned in. Good luck Wolfy Angels and the ever charming Bosley.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #93 on: August 29, 2005, 02:08:19 pm »
Quote from: weekapaug19
dave, i noticed you are handing out sample cd\'s during thier set, do you think it would be better to do it beforehand in the campground so people will listen to them and then go see them on sat. night?  just a thought

not a bad idea.. my thinking behind it though is that there\'s gonna be a ton of people watching the band, and their jaws are gonna be on the floor.. then they\'re gonna go see moe., and 10 more bands on sunday, and we\'ll never hear from them again.. i say hit them with something tangible while their jaws are on the floor, so that they leave and DON\'T forget the b\'fast on the way home..

maybe a little bit of both though.. we\'ll see..

weekapaug19

• In the house
    • http://www.phishhook.com/lists/weekapaug19
« Reply #94 on: August 29, 2005, 02:14:17 pm »
giving them out there, i\'m thinking people will either drop or lose them before they have time to put them back at their tent, as most people wont exactly be fully sober
"I don\'t know if it\'s an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we\'ll all B-Flat"  -The Goonies

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #95 on: August 29, 2005, 04:31:29 pm »
Beforehand for both CD\'s and Digests is good cause it\'s a good way to promote the band before they go on.  Let\'s face it: The show will be great, but there will be a lot of people at moe.down NOT watching the Breakfast...unless we get \'em beforehand.  During the show or immediately afterwards has its benefits too, but making messed up people watch over that stuff all night is no good.  If you hit \'em Friday or early Saturday before the show, they will put the stuff where they know where it is, then go to see what all the hype is about, and go running back for the stuff after they see the show.

sallyalli

• NewHampshire Fordamnsure
« Reply #96 on: August 29, 2005, 04:46:29 pm »
I think that before or after is a good idea...That way you can talk to them a little bit, kinda promote. It will be my honor to help pass out your discs Dave.
:banguitar: :banboogy2:

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #97 on: August 29, 2005, 07:14:37 pm »
I think the beforehand thing doesn\'t really work out because in my case at least, when i\'m at a festival, popping in a random cd is the least of my concerns.  at least giving them out during the set, you know the people are already somewhat into it and will probably hold onto it if they like what they see.  i get handed cd\'s at shows all the time, and i manage to hold on to them until later.  whether or not i get around to listening to them is another story.

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #98 on: August 29, 2005, 07:24:18 pm »
Perhaps if folks attending moe.down if they have the means to set up a "Disco Bus" esque situation like at dead shows might be the best way. late night friday after raq. just be cranking The Breakfast in the campground and make it a late night dance party thing.

Just have some of the most killer live breakfast with face melting jams etc. People always looking for a party, give it to them :)

generator and a decent sound system is all you need.

Hell spend like $40 - 50 and get some free beer to give away care of the Breakfast. people eat that stuff up
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #99 on: August 29, 2005, 07:32:02 pm »
Quote from: kindm\'s
Perhaps if folks attending moe.down if they have the means to set up a "Disco Bus" esque situation like at dead shows might be the best way. late night friday after raq. just be cranking The Breakfast in the campground and make it a late night dance party thing.

Just have some of the most killer live breakfast with face melting jams etc. People always looking for a party, give it to them :)

generator and a decent sound system is all you need.

Hell spend like $40 - 50 and get some free beer to give away care of the Breakfast. people eat that stuff up

Ahh the Disco Bus. Many nights after the show getting down!! Just goes to prove there was NOTHING like a GD show!
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Rujah

• team digest
    • http://
« Reply #100 on: August 29, 2005, 08:17:42 pm »
if onlyl i could drive, i set something up like that wiht my van, but I cant drive not til the 5th so Il drive to moe.down
Merge futhermucker just you merge You futhermucker merge merge futhermucker now

You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye - Raoul duke - Hunter S. Thompson, Fear&Loathing

Gimme breakfast..................

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #101 on: August 29, 2005, 08:18:09 pm »
Quote from: Igziabeher
at least giving them out during the set, you know the people are already somewhat into it and will probably hold onto it if they like what they see.

A very good point.  Hate to waste perfectly good (and costly) Digests and CD\'s on people who just won\'t care.  There\'s really equal upside to each.  In my mind\'s eye, I picture the same thing as Dave: giving them out during and immediately after the show when everyone\'s face is owned, icing on the cake of Breakfast glory.  So that\'s probably the way to go.

Rujah

• team digest
« Reply #102 on: August 29, 2005, 08:26:02 pm »
def pass out during moe set.  hopefully i dont actually pass out but will hand some out and pump the bfast whenever i can
Merge futhermucker just you merge You futhermucker merge merge futhermucker now

You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye - Raoul duke - Hunter S. Thompson, Fear&Loathing

Gimme breakfast..................

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
« Reply #103 on: September 02, 2005, 08:47:52 am »
Hey Wolfy,

Can you put the digest up here for download? If not email it to me. Thanks!
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #104 on: September 02, 2005, 09:39:09 am »
Band upcoming showdates and maybe even the last few shows setlists should be included.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.