Author Topic: Camping... Bonfire... Breakfast... why not??  (Read 3862 times)

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
Camping... Bonfire... Breakfast... why not??
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2009, 11:42:44 pm »
Quote from: Spacey;230619
They can\'t even bring 100 people to Daniel Street on a regular basis and you think a money pit festival is going to bring this band out of debt?

Smarten up.

Not being negative being realistic.

This is a business not a charity or whatever a bailout like you all plan.

ME=DONE

LAST POST

PEACE

FINALLY!!!!  would have started this thread myself years ago if I\'d know it was that easy. ;)
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

FreeSpirit

• Mrs. Tickler
    • http://www.myspace.com/robynsegali
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2009, 06:58:24 am »
:chin: Break-Fest has been talked about for years... it can (and should) be done! :awwyeah:
“Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings. ”[/color]

lilblondie

• the FU queen
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2009, 11:25:32 am »
so far it is all about the ideas....i think there are four dudes that need to agree with these ideas before anything can be done...spaceman and gencs speak some truths that no one wants to hear....but i mean what do we know...we are just a bunch of peeps from who ct who cant fill sully\'s and dont live in a state where **** is decriminalized....
maybe the sun will shine today...
the clouds will roll away..
maybe i wont be so afraid..
i will understand that everything has its plan...
either way...

DocEllis70

• shottynasalGuinness
    • http://www
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2009, 12:02:58 pm »
heres the best option if we want to camp, rage and be care free and do  our thing:  my long time best friend is organizing a music event at his farm in upstate Ny, 40 min south of Albany off the Taconic Pkwy and looking to and hoping to have the Breakfast. It would be this summer and he\'s waitng to hear back from some other bands, so i dont want to say too much. Heres a link with some photos of the place/stage etc.  I get up to the farm as much as possible and it is a perfect spot with some history and hope we\'re able to all get up there and hear our faveorite band!  http://www.myspace.com/sunnyviewfarm
sleep a lot...eat a lot, brush em like crazy. Run a lot...do a lot, never be lazy..

inthewhitelodge

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2009, 12:39:11 pm »
Quote from: ds673488;230621
Quote from: Spacey;230619
They can\'t even bring 100 people to Daniel Street on a regular basis and you think a money pit festival is going to bring this band out of debt?

Smarten up.

Not being negative being realistic.

This is a business not a charity or whatever a bailout like you all plan.

ME=DONE

LAST POST

PEACE

i dont think this has anything to do with getting the band out of debt, but rather playing on someones land free of charge to the band and people who want to go can go and give them 25 bucks or something.  it wont cost anyone too much money, and at least the band will get something.

I personally would pay $50 for a weekend campout. The Pondfest in Peru NY will be the closest thing to this experience, but with less Breakfast sets. I vouch for them to be the openers.
"When I hold you, I hold everything that is-- swans, volcanoes, river rocks, maple trees drinking the fragrance of the moon, bread that the fire adores. In your life I see everything that lives."- Pablo Neruda:wave:

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2009, 01:27:58 pm »
Quote from: lilblondie;230664
so far it is all about the ideas....i think there are four dudes that need to agree with these ideas before anything can be done...spaceman and gencs speak some truths that no one wants to hear....but i mean what do we know...we are just a bunch of peeps from who ct who cant fill sully\'s and dont live in a state where **** is decriminalized....

As far as I\'m concerned nobody has to agree on shit except the people who are actually willing to do something. I don\'t think I\'d recognize you but I think the most people from CT in Albany last night were the guys in the band. Sucks for you about the **** :P

Quote from: DocEllis70;230665
heres the best option if we want to camp, rage and be care free and do  our thing:  my long time best friend is organizing a music event at his farm in upstate Ny, 40 min south of Albany off the Taconic Pkwy and looking to and hoping to have the Breakfast. It would be this summer and he\'s waitng to hear back from some other bands, so i dont want to say too much. Heres a link with some photos of the place/stage etc.  I get up to the farm as much as possible and it is a perfect spot with some history and hope we\'re able to all get up there and hear our faveorite band!  http://www.myspace.com/sunnyviewfarm

Perfect. And perfect timing : "Let It Roll Festival - Sept 18th-20th". This is excellent because then we don\'t have to call it a benefit and make it sound like charity, you know, give the band the respect they deserve. Breakfast can straight up headline this fest, right? Anonymous donations of whatever people can do in whatever way they can may be the way to go. I know not everyone here is totally broke. This is a great idea, perfect timing as well.

Dude I\'m gonna see what\'s up with getting my band a slot in this fest! I know Gavin thinks we suck ballz now but I just listened to tapes of Shakedown St > EE Part 4, Free and The Other One from last week practice so u be eatin those words in a minute my friend ;)
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

wiredchicken

• teamCosmicSpacewayRhyme
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2009, 03:52:27 pm »
damn. i was just gonna see if i can get the band i manage on that fest too, but we have a tentative gig that weekend.....heavy pets festival is that weekend in sept.  poop.

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2009, 04:13:43 pm »
Quote from: siflandollie;230626
I am down for any type of Break-Fest.  
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

melanie

• http://
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2009, 06:11:35 pm »
i there could be trouble if this was at a private campground where there are families trying to have a peaceful quiet weekend.  I dont think that would be the best choice unless it was somehow blocked out for that weekend to anyone other than people there for the "mini-fest".
it would be fun to have a b-fast only camp-out, minus all the sketch and shit that other bands bring, but would also lack all the possible PR and $ that other bands bring.

wiredchicken

« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2009, 06:22:52 pm »
Quote from: Gfunk;230695

yeah that!

princesscaspian

• gemini tactics
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2009, 10:17:47 pm »
Quote from: wiredchicken;230720
Quote from: Gfunk;230695

yeah that!
and what CAN you do, when your world is invaded by a reggaejunkiejew?!?

lilblondie

• the FU queen
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2009, 06:47:38 am »
Quote from: wiredchicken;230689
damn. i was just gonna see if i can get the band i manage on that fest too, but we have a tentative gig that weekend.....heavy pets festival is that weekend in sept.  poop.

my friend rolls with the heavy pets...so watch your toes...he is a wild man on his scooter...
either way...

wiredchicken

« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2009, 08:47:48 am »
Quote from: lilblondie;230973
Quote from: wiredchicken;230689

my friend rolls with the heavy pets...so watch your toes...he is a wild man on his scooter...

who is your friend?

lilblondie

• the FU queen
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2009, 09:11:24 am »
^^ who are you?
either way...

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2009, 09:18:03 am »
Quote from: melanie;230718

it would be fun to have a b-fast only camp-out, minus all the sketch and shit that other bands bring

Wait, so are you going, or aren\'t you :P
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising