Author Topic: Are side projects OK\'d For the Archive ?  (Read 890 times)

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
Are side projects OK\'d For the Archive ?
« on: September 04, 2007, 08:12:03 pm »
I was just thinking about uploading the Branstock set to archive and it occurred to me to search and see whats there.

I see that there are some video entries from fitz but are Tim Palmieri solo shows OK for upload and if so does a file set already exist on the archive I am not seeing ?

And since I\'m asking what about the various Adrian, Jordan, Spears, Striker side projects ?
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2007, 08:58:26 pm »
I can ask Tim tonight when I get home if he is cool with it. I don\'t see a problem with it but maybe we have already crossed this path and its already determined but I don\'t know.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

macfawlty

• top donor for now...
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2007, 09:45:15 pm »
I have been wishing the Timmy shows were on the LMA. I love the handful I got from bt.etree.org.
----------------------------------------------------
I know he moves along the piers. Calls himself a "journey agent"... a "Eulipion"... says his friends, the poets, the artists, the musicians are journey agents too.
Rahsaan Roland Kirk, Theme for the Eulipions

Rujah

• team digest
    • http://
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2007, 10:06:27 pm »
agreed. solo projects should be made available on archive if the individual artist does not have a problem with the idea. pretty sure none are up by now. they definitely should be, but that is just my opinion.
Merge futhermucker just you merge You futhermucker merge merge futhermucker now

You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye - Raoul duke - Hunter S. Thompson, Fear&Loathing

Gimme breakfast..................

ChrisF

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2007, 10:23:17 pm »
if someone wants to get tims name added, then do it. the only reason he isnt there is because i dont use archive and its very rare that other people tape audio for tim shows.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2007, 11:03:49 pm by ChrisF »

OMS

• Egg-Head
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2007, 11:18:50 pm »
i would be so happy if tim shows were uploaded to the archive...please someone who knows how to, do so...thanks

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2007, 08:42:32 am »
Yeah this would be great!
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

kindm's

• Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2007, 12:33:53 pm »
Quote from: ChrisF;157362
if someone wants to get tims name added, then do it. the only reason he isnt there is because i dont use archive and its very rare that other people tape audio for tim shows.

I sent Tim an e-mail with 1 of the form letters that archive uses. If he gives the OK. I\'ll see about how long it will take to get this done. I have never tried to get someone added so if anyone has any helpful tips that would be cool.
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2007, 01:31:03 pm »
Quote from: kindm\'s;157387

I sent Tim an e-mail with 1 of the form letters that archive uses. If he gives the OK. I\'ll see about how long it will take to get this done. I have never tried to get someone added so if anyone has any helpful tips that would be cool.

It should not take long at all once you get Tim\'s OK. All you actually have to do is get his verbal OK and then you can do the rest yourself.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

kindm's

• Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2007, 01:59:04 pm »
Quote from: leith;157390

It should not take long at all once you get Tim\'s OK. All you actually have to do is get his verbal OK and then you can do the rest yourself.

Tim has given the OK. So I will see what the next step is.

FYI. Before you upload Tim shows let him know. He mentioned that he might not want some of them up there.

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2007, 02:35:26 pm »
Quote from: kindm\'s;157395

FYI. Before you upload Tim shows let him know. He mentioned that he might not want some of them up there.

Cool now just send in the request and they should get back to ya pretty quick.
If Tim has some recordings he does not want up, then I suggest the archive team huddle up and figure this out. Get a list of approved recordings before the uploading process is started and figure out who will be uploading or delegating that responsibility.
Thanks for the efforts.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

kindm's

• Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2007, 03:48:24 pm »
Quote from: leith;157399
Quote from: kindm\'s;157395

Cool now just send in the request and they should get back to ya pretty quick.
If Tim has some recordings he does not want up, then I suggest the archive team huddle up and figure this out. Get a list of approved recordings before the uploading process is started and figure out who will be uploading or delegating that responsibility.
Thanks for the efforts.

No problem. I would imagine that fitz has most if not all the timmy tour stuff that exists. I only have a handful if that. So it shouldn\'t be too hard.

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2007, 03:53:45 pm »
Release the Taint House show!
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

kindm's

• Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2007, 03:56:25 pm »

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2007, 04:23:19 pm »
thanks Kindm\'s
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-