Author Topic: MMW on the 70 Volt Parade  (Read 1484 times)

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
MMW on the 70 Volt Parade
« on: June 24, 2005, 12:34:36 pm »
MMW will be joining the TAB, 70 Volt Parade this summer. I for one, am a fan of MMW. This may be enough to pull me out to see good ol\' Trey!

MMW Lands on Trey Tour     2005-06-24 01:19:14
Medeski, Martin and Wood has been added as an opening act on Trey Anastasio\'s rescheduled summer tour. The acid-jazz trio will open for Anastasio and his band, 70 Volt Parade, on August 5 at Penn\'s Landing in Philadelphia. Anastasio\'s summer outing will start in Boston on August 4 at the Bank of America Pavilion. Hasidic reggae upstart Matisyahu will open for the majority of Anastasio\'s summer tour dates. A number of additional acts, including Gov\'t Mule and Sound Tribe Sector 9, will fill in for Matisyahu on Friday and Saturday nights when the Jewish Sabbath limits his touring schedule. As previously reported, Anastasio will also open for the Rolling Stones in Charlottesville, NC on October 6.

MMW on the Parade

Trey Summer Dates

I must also add, the new Trey website is much better then his last.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Rujah

• team digest
    • http://
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2005, 01:02:40 pm »
im also a huge fan off MMW. saw them once at RPI when they opened for String Cheese. Show was simply amazing. Was tripping on shrooms for the set. my buddy, his girlfriend and I scored an eighth of pot and a quarter of shrroms before we even got out of our car.
Merge futhermucker just you merge You futhermucker merge merge futhermucker now

You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye - Raoul duke - Hunter S. Thompson, Fear&Loathing

Gimme breakfast..................

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2005, 01:10:19 pm »
Nothing wrong with that.

The 1st time I saw MMW, I was shocked by how good they were. It is a different feeling for sure.

Rujah

• team digest
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2005, 01:11:49 pm »
Quote from: Spacey
Nothing wrong with that.

The 1st time I saw MMW, I was shocked by how good they were. It is a different feeling for sure.

def, been meaning check them out again but havent got around to it yet
Merge futhermucker just you merge You futhermucker merge merge futhermucker now

You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye - Raoul duke - Hunter S. Thompson, Fear&Loathing

Gimme breakfast..................

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2005, 01:14:29 pm »
MMW is one band that I have listened to consistently but have failed to see them live, when I could. They really are the only reason why I would go out and see 70 Volt.
I think Trey has a cover band going here and a poor one at that. Musicians should cover no more then 2-3 songs a night. If you didn\'t have the material, don\'t go around.

Donbean

• http://www.reggaetraders.com
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2005, 03:45:01 pm »
Hey Spacey.... Ive been saying that same thing about Clapton... I allways said hes the biggest cover artist out there and should be alot better at his instrument for his years put in... I guess Im still angry that Clapton made more money than Marley with I shot the sherriff.... I get flamed sometimes but I never cared for the \'slow hand\'... Ive seen kids do what Clapton does...
Bean

Whathefunk

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2005, 05:26:32 pm »
Quote from: Donbean
Hey Spacey.... Ive been saying that same thing about Clapton... I allways said hes the biggest cover artist out there and should be alot better at his instrument for his years put in... I guess Im still angry that Clapton made more money than Marley with I shot the sherriff.... I get flamed sometimes but I never cared for the \'slow hand\'... Ive seen kids do what Clapton does...
Bean

I tried but failed to find a smiley to express my utter disagreence with this statement...I\'m not the biggest clapton fan out there but i gotta defend him here.  Blues musicians as himself have been covering each others songs since its existence, thats why many of them are blues standards that have been played by many musicians you and i have never heard of.  And btw marley got national, no excuse me global exposure from clapton covering the song...plus clapton does a ser funky version of it that he ripped last summer at greatwoods with robert randolph! great night thanks for bringing up the memories...
« Last Edit: June 24, 2005, 05:48:52 pm by Whathefunk »

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2005, 12:31:25 pm »
Quote from: Whathefunk
Quote from: Donbean
Bean

I tried but failed to find a smiley to express my utter disagreence with this statement...I\'m not the biggest clapton fan out there but i gotta defend him here.  Blues musicians as himself have been covering each others songs since its existence, thats why many of them are blues standards that have been played by many musicians you and i have never heard of.  And btw marley got national, no excuse me global exposure from clapton covering the song...plus clapton does a ser funky version of it that he ripped last summer at greatwoods with robert randolph! great night thanks for bringing up the memories...

Whathefunk bringin\' the knowledge. As for seeing kids do what Clapton does they do so because CLAPTON DID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As for his covers most rock the fuck out of the original anyway.

Thread content: MMW great opening band.      \'nuff said
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2005, 12:34:34 pm »
I agree with ya Leith, MMW excellent choice for an opening band.

SlimPickens

• just the tip
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2005, 12:45:05 pm »
Donbean...  I almost fell off my chair while reading your Clapton comments.  There\'s a reason why when Clapton auctions guitars they go for 6 figures... because they were touched by the hand of a god!!!

Donbean

• http://www.reggaetraders.com
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2005, 01:18:47 pm »
Slim..your post takes the prize.... the hand of god....come on now... too funny... I would not call clapton a blues artist.. hes pop,maybee rock if your nice.. he tried blues and was good at it for a while but he got old and rich...I know I get flamed and I expected it here too.. But I will allways feel this way.. Its like if you like blues why not listen to the real thing, or reggae why not listen to real thing,or GD instead of DSO... Yea I have fun at at DSO show,they sound good and people are there but its not the same thing.... I have no time for clapton....
Its ok to flame me I can take it :) We all agree on the Breakfast :)
Bean

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2005, 01:24:47 pm »
At least you speak your mind and stand by it. Who cares what others think!

SlimPickens

• just the tip
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2005, 01:48:12 pm »
every band does covers... great artist take a cover and own it.  clapton, the dead, elvis.

4 decades of making music and he\'s only getting better.  do you hear his voice on the harrison tribute?

and just cause he\'s not doing 20 minute guitar solo\'s like he did on derek and the domino\'s live at the filmore, doesn\'t mean "he\'s getting old".

true he\'s not a dedicated "blues" guy... but is that like a rule.  His tribute to Robert Johnson:  awesome.

I\'ve seen an interview where Clapton claims to only be a blues musican:  pop, rock, blues, reggae the  man covers the spectrum.  he\'s even done jazz work

as guitar players go, the man is a god.

check that:  I\'ve never seen an interview where

Buquebus

• SER breakfast geek
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2005, 05:25:53 pm »
Contemplating making the trek to Philly, solely based on the fact that a m2w2 jam may occur- Medeski, Martin, Wood and Wankastasio... it is truly an amazing spectacle.  for those unaware or interested check out 10/14/95 and 12/01/00 for examples. the former usually circulates in mid grade quality recordings, but worth the extra listening effort..
Not sure what is gonna transpire. Regardless, we ain\'t gonna forget the gravy.