Author Topic: Phish only on 2nd hiatus??  (Read 2703 times)

antbach

• bron bron bachinski
    • http://www.myspace.com/antbach
Phish only on 2nd hiatus??
« on: April 27, 2006, 06:38:08 pm »
Got this from phish.net, Trey was interviewed on Sirius and this is all I got on it, I tryed to get some info from PT but they\'re pretty all over the place over there. But here\'s what was on phish.net, take it for whatever it\'s worth I guess. As for me, if they do comeback I will have mixed feelings, though I believe this board has already been through this a few times.
4/27/06 - Trey & Mike to tour; Phish to return
In an interview on an Atlanta radio station today, Trey (likely in Atlanta for studio work with a producer he\'s teamed up with before) confirmed rumos that he, Mike, and the Benevento/Russo duo will tour together this summer. Though tickets and billing will likely portray some hierarchy among the bill\'s acts, rumors (based on previous things Mike and Trey have said) describe the tour as some sort of interactive meld, with each of the 3 doing their own stuff, as well as some interaction among them.
Trey also mentioned that he "hopes to get Phish back together in a few years", dispelling rumors of an October 2006 reunion but confirming common suspicions that this "breakup" is really a second hiatus.

If anyone with a subjective (may not be the word I am thinking of) mind actually listened to the interview and can shed some light that\'s be super.
"Okay everybody, for my next miracle, I\'m going to turn water into funk!"

RadicalRich1138

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2006, 07:13:16 pm »
can\'t wait for the tour, cant wait for more phish!

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2006, 07:14:40 pm »
I\'ll believe it when I am purchasing tickets for a tour. Trey said on Charlie Rose that there was no way they were getting back together, they were done. Trey is also a joker. So until I am standing in an arena waiting for the house lights to go down and the preshow music to go off, I won\'t hold my breath.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Buquebus

• SER breakfast geek
    • http://
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2006, 07:17:37 pm »
I am pretty shocked this is all happening- trey/mike+the duo, opening for Phil!?!?!? :wah:
fuckin nuts if it really happens
« Last Edit: April 27, 2006, 08:06:03 pm by Buquebus »
Not sure what is gonna transpire. Regardless, we ain\'t gonna forget the gravy.

Rujah

• team digest
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2006, 07:23:22 pm »
i heard bits and pieces of hte interview on sirius.  al i heard was he has a new solo album out.  im not a real big fan of phish, im more into the dead and seeing what the breakfast has planned for the future. fuck phish, especially trey.
Merge futhermucker just you merge You futhermucker merge merge futhermucker now

You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye - Raoul duke - Hunter S. Thompson, Fear&Loathing

Gimme breakfast..................

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2006, 07:28:39 pm »
Lets put it this way. If Phish does come back, all bands are going to be fucked except the ones that can book late night post show gigs.

The duo plus Mike and Trey? that would be deliciousily SER!!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2006, 07:28:39 pm by Spacey »

sallyalli

• NewHampshire Fordamnsure
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2006, 07:54:43 pm »
I cant wait to see Phish again...Imagine how much the tickets are going to be when/if they get back together?
:banguitar: :banboogy2:

Rujah

• team digest
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2006, 08:03:40 pm »
its funny. my first phish show was IT and my last was Coventry. so most likely I will be hopping out on tour as well.
Merge futhermucker just you merge You futhermucker merge merge futhermucker now

You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye - Raoul duke - Hunter S. Thompson, Fear&Loathing

Gimme breakfast..................

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2006, 08:05:15 pm »
Quote from: sallyalli
I cant wait to see Phish again...Imagine how much the tickets are going to be when/if they get back together?

Will it be worth there playing.

I love Phish as much as the next Phishhead. I was fortunate enough to see shows since 1994 and I got my fill. Nothing can top some of those mid-90 years. I liked the direction Phish was headed but they became too sloppy. Perhaps thats because they became the kings of jamming and Trey no longer had to stay up till the wee hours of the morning writing segues into songs so they flowed seamless.

I would rather Phish keep where they are then to go back on there word and sound like poop.

However, with that being said, during the Encore Break my friend and I turned to each other and said "If this isn\'t Fluffhead, then they are down for good."

Quote from: Rujah
its funny. my first phish show was IT and my last was Coventry. so most likely I will be hopping out on tour as well.

You just said "fuck Phish and fuck Trey"
« Last Edit: April 27, 2006, 08:05:15 pm by Spacey »

Buquebus

• SER breakfast geek
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2006, 08:07:39 pm »
I\'ve seen the madness that is Benevento/Russo, add Trey and Gordo in the mix, and I\'m in.. have them opening for Phil and Friends, I\'m on board for a while.......
Not sure what is gonna transpire. Regardless, we ain\'t gonna forget the gravy.

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2006, 08:16:00 pm »
I love the duo, but fuck phish.  they\'re nothing to me.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2006, 08:18:19 pm »
Quote from: Buquebus
I\'ve seen the madness that is Benevento/Russo, add Trey and Gordo in the mix, and I\'m in.. have them opening for Phil and Friends, I\'m on board for a while.......

my thoughts exactly.

I can\'t wait to see the Duo with Trey & Mike. Especially opening for Phil. Good times indeed.

kyndkate

• Vicious.
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2006, 09:34:16 pm »
If I had to pick a single concert to attend this summer, it would be Trey/Duo/Phil.
"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I ended up where I needed to be." -Douglas Adams

estahwhaddup

• probably the only asian
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2006, 09:49:47 pm »
When Are The Dates Going To Be Announced??!?
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." -Aldous Huxley

WALSH

• Mahoney
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2006, 10:42:28 pm »
If Phish is back, I\'ll be there(ALOT), if not c\'est la vie!  Trey/Mike/Duo will be crazy...who said they are with Phil?
Too fat for a tandem bike, and too drunk for a Mountain Bike...taste the fear.