Author Topic: Astral Projections 2009-07-04 Forest Fest ::: download / setlist  (Read 932 times)

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
Sup guys. Bummer to miss Toad\'s but this is what I was up to that day/night instead. We played a daytime set where the recording got kinda butchered (more of a soundcheck really)... and a midnight set (mp3 links below). This being only our second show we were really pleased to see how many friends and family came out to get down ... impromptu lot scene and everything :D

If anyone actually cares to listen I\'m guessing you\'ll head straight for the EE Part 4 cover... ok well I flubbed the lyrics and we played it with pretty damn minimal practice.. being completely hammered with like 8 hours in between sets was a big plus :D .. the jam was good but it\'s slightly embarrassing posting it on a Breakfast fan board :P

Highlights I think were Shakedown > Hood, Escher\'s jam was cool, and Free onward. I think the vodka spiked tea was still hittin me pretty hard in the jam into Shakedown ;)

I. Down by the River > The Other One, Stormy Monday, Waste

II. Jam > Shakedown Street > Harry Hood Jam, Escher\'s Etchings Part 4 > Gas, Free > Mike\'s Jam > Gas Reprise > Forest Fest Jam > Mike\'s Jam

Sound quality mediocre. Is what it is. We try to rage and show love to the bands that inspire us!

Astral Projections is:

Josh Pelland - lead guitar / vocals
Derek Gladding - midi & rhythm guitar / vocals
Nick Fields - bass man
John Belcastro - drums

If you want to hear more original stuff or our take on "Waste" click the myspace link below. Give us party gigs! peace!
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 02:28:30 pm by bdfreetuna »
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

jking

• thanks!!
    • http://
Astral Projections 2009-07-04 Forest Fest ::: download / setlist
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009, 03:20:23 pm »
who\'s/what gas is that?

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2009, 03:27:30 pm »
Nick Fields came up with that bass line during a jam/rehearsal and we all kinda dug it. Lots of originals in the works but we spend more time drinking and praising jah than we do trying to solidify original material.

You know ;)
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

jking

• thanks!!
    • http://
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2009, 03:56:40 pm »
oh, indeed i do!! :lol:

i was just asking, because ancient harmony used to play a tune called gas that was always one of my favorites. the chorus was \'its a GAS living in a bartender\'s dream!\' and is a multi-sectional phish/bfast type tune. as i was a bartender for most of the shows of theirs i saw, it was a no brainer. unfortunately the keyboardist who wrote tht tune is no longer with them, thus it never gets played. which is a damn shame. they had another tune called underneath the dome (about walking along in the woods and coming upon a festival) that should be played at every single outdoor fest ever, but, again, never gets played at all. there\'s a couple good versions left on the archive of both those tunes, i think...