Author Topic: Random of Montreal bashing: All the cool kids are doing it! Hurry before it\'s uncool!  (Read 6929 times)

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
Sorry I stepped on your foot :lol:

Probably one of the funnier introductions I\'ve had.

And all y\'all bitchin about this show.... go wear a fanny pack to an Of Montreal show or something. In some alternate dimension where it\'s cool to do those things.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
don\'t be hating on of montreal tuna
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
Quote from: FrankZappa;227442
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
Oh come on!! I don\'t even hate on Bisco anymore at least give me Of Montreal!!
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
nope, but we\'ll compromise and let you hate on bruce springsteen, air supply and the phish song Jennifer dances all you want.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
I would trade all those in to make fun of Of Montreal.

Look I don\'t even have to.... they do it themselves

hahaha COOL

tyzack

• http://
Quote from: FrankZappa;227442

...what\'s wrong with hating people who are of montreal? i mean, come on, bergy is fighting?
Apartheid: A policy of segregation and political and economic discrimination.

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
Quote from: bdfreetuna;227451

hahaha COOL

looks like the village people meets the mentally retarded people who got into the arts and crafts cabinet when teacher wasn\'t looking

which also summarizes the sound of their gay ass music.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 09:30:32 pm by Klout »

wildcoyote

• El Cuco
I liked their show better than I thought I would.  It wasn\'t nearly as gay as I expected either.  Don\'t think I\'d bother listening to it without the visual of the show, but sure as hell better than anything on tv last night. Parts of it reminded me alot of early PFunk.
A man who has seen the things I have seen,
experienced the loss and pain I have experienced,
I transcend race, hombre.

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
dude breaking bad is on sundays wtf are u talking about

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
I had never even heard of this band other than here.
So I checked out some Youtube and oh shit that stage show is the gayest shit I have ever seen.
Ever seen a Gay Pride parade? It was gayer than that.
That being said I checked out some studio stuff and yep still very gay but solid pop rock.
I can see how they would be popular in the pseudo-intellectual hipster indie scene.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

wildcoyote

• El Cuco
Quote from: Klout;227470
dude breaking bad is on sundays wtf are u talking about

I\'ve actually been meaning to check that out.  I\'m glad the smaller cable channels are using writers and actors again.  I really dislike reality tv.

Quote from: princesscaspian;227471
:rolleyes:

maybe you should just get a dictionary out... you might understand the music better if u know what all those big words mean !!! and the literary allusions probably flew over your head too.

I expected the lyrics to be more abstract.  I thought there was a lot of straight forward story telling.  I\'m a guy who often doesn\'t get a lot of art, but I felt like the music, the lyrics, the costumes, the screens in the background all worked together and the songs weren\'t hard to follow even though I was hearing them for the first time.  Though some of you hardcores told me this was one of their most straight forward performances, minus alot of the theatrics I\'m not such a fan of.

Something else they reminded me of- early/mid 90\'s Butthole Surfers shows.  If you enjoyed them, you should at least see of Montreal.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 10:40:46 pm by wildcoyote »
A man who has seen the things I have seen,
experienced the loss and pain I have experienced,
I transcend race, hombre.

SkyePrizm

• separator
Quote from: Klout;227466
Quote from: bdfreetuna;227451

hahaha COOL

looks like the village people meets the mentally retarded people who got into the arts and crafts cabinet when teacher wasn\'t looking

which also summarizes the sound of their gay ass music.

HAHAHAAHAA I seriously should NOT have been drinking a beverage when i read this.  To me, post of the year.  Normally, i\'d be offended by the "retarded" comment (my future bro-in-law has downs) but man that was funny ass shit.

They look like a gay thanksgiving celebration...
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 10:42:59 pm by SkyePrizm »

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
extremely gay

but i still love it. i only really know the three most recent albums, but i think they\'re all fantastic (i\'ve heard their earlier albums are on par or better). \'sunlandic twins\' is good pop rock (plus it has the outback steakhouse song!). the next album, \'hissing fauna...\' is a total departure and shows some truly emotional song writing. the most recent album, \'skeletal lamping\' is truly a faggy album. after the first couple listens, i was extremely disappointed except for a couple songs. way too  much going on...too many changes...and super gay. well, the album grew on me and it was the only thing i listened to for a couple solid weeks. there are probably many reasons not to like them, but their look shouldn\'t be one of them
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
Quote from: zuke583;227481
extremely gay

Was Devo spotted in the crowd with his butt crack hanging out (see JimCobb\'s avatar for depiction) for the taking of those behind him?
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex