Author Topic: Any Musicians on the board?  (Read 2780 times)

Avalonhwy

Any Musicians on the board?
« on: January 06, 2009, 04:26:31 pm »
I play guitar....

thatguy

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 04:40:24 pm »
i play drums

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 05:13:36 pm »
I play Scrabble.
Masturbation in the MFA

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2009, 05:13:42 pm »
I play various percussion instruments..
Where to next?

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
    • http://
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2009, 05:33:05 pm »
Quote from: thatguy;215552
i play drums
that\'s all you have to say?
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2009, 05:39:33 pm »
Quote from: Mark;215562
i play drums

Should say...I destroy drums!
Where to next?

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2009, 06:02:40 pm »
I\'m not one to come on a psychedelic breakfast board and act like I\'m some kind of good guitar player or anything. But yes Breakfast shows do double as guitar+groove lessons for me.

Since I love my gear so much I can\'t resist showin it off :D

Its a MexiStrat body with a Lite Ash birdseye neck, smooth as silk. Billy Corgan\'s red/silver/blue Lace Sensor setup. 9-way in/out of phase rewire. Callahan bridge+block+tremolo, and a few lesser upgrades.

The other one is an Aria Pro II Les Paul copy.

Only thing missing on the Strat is a Tim Palmieri sharpie on the headstock. But I\'ll get it one of these days ;)

If you wanna hear me play you can peep my Music Myspace.

Is what it is :) peace!
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

inthewhitelodge

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2009, 06:41:25 pm »
Nice set-up bdfree! thanks for sharing...
I started off playing the flute and using vocals, my strongest instruments. I like to mess around with beats--the djembe and conga drums, and on occasion I\'ll try playing piano. I just enjoy making sounds/chords and progressions of harmony/dissonance.
"When I hold you, I hold everything that is-- swans, volcanoes, river rocks, maple trees drinking the fragrance of the moon, bread that the fire adores. In your life I see everything that lives."- Pablo Neruda:wave:

boombox

• SER Euro Fan
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2009, 06:50:28 pm »
Nice pile of kit there. I too have a Peavey amp - the Classic 30, with 7 gorgeous valves in, enabling me to blow away much bigger solid-state amps in terms of tone and volume. Just a pity I can\'t play my Epiphone semi the way Jorma Kaukonen does...
Originally posted by leith
Our overseas grassroots coordinator boombox!!! The Breakfast is spreading worldwide :)

SlimPickens

• just the tip
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2009, 06:53:15 pm »
Quote from: Mark;215562
i play drums

that alone is a stretch.  i\'d hate to hear him fib about anything else.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2009, 06:58:19 pm »
Quote from: boombox;215578
Nice pile of kit there. I too have a Peavey amp - the Classic 30, with 7 gorgeous valves in, enabling me to blow away much bigger solid-state amps in terms of tone and volume. Just a pity I can\'t play my Epiphone semi the way Jorma Kaukonen does...

Classic 30s rule. My tubes are probably due for replacement but the Celestion\'s perfectly broken in. I use an RC-20XL through the effects loop as a volume attenuator so I can crank the tubes at practice volume :D

Actually I got a 2nd Classic 30 that needs a probably not too difficult repair ... if you know how to solder and know your amp schematics (or wanna bring it to a shop) I would sell it way cheap.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 07:00:58 pm by bdfreetuna »
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2009, 07:23:40 pm »
Quote from: jocelyn;215557
I play Scrabble.

I want a scrabble off. Joc, get on facebook so we can play. :hehehe:
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2009, 07:45:06 pm »
i mainly play drums

i can play decent bass, and some guitar and piano, and i used to play horn way back in the day

good thread b/c i was actually wondering this at some times
DS Newbers

thatguy

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2009, 07:53:46 pm »
form a dot info band.call it soary and the chipsters!hehehe

Dyed_Tie

• Right There That\'s It Yes
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2009, 08:38:22 pm »
Well....  I like to pretend that I\'m halfway decent at many instruments.  First instrument was 4th grade saxomophone but I only got to 3 blind mice so that may not count.  

My main instruments are a tossup between guitar and gameboy (technically an 8-bit synthesizer/drum machine but way cooler to say gameboy).  I also can throw together a bass line without causing myself bodily harm.

I have a Korg EMX which is a synthesizer / drum machine (non 8-bit).  I also can play keys, but nothing more than for filling out a sound, not going to go Medeski on anyone.  I love my casio sk-1, cheesy 80\'s sounds galore, and I can sample my own burps!  I also think I can play drums if I can get my hands on a snare, kick, and hi-hat so I can learn.

Playing in a 2 man song writing only band (because we can\'t figure out how to pull it off live).  Kind of sounds like grunge rock with gameboy I guess.  I don\'t know if this is too much information but the question was asked so I figured I\'d be thorough.  Wish I could be Thoreau instead...
If trees could scream do you think we would be so cavalier to cut them down? Maybe if they screamed all the time for no good reason.

Probably the worst thing about having King Kong run rampant in your town would be the huge, monster genitalia.

I wish I had a kryptonite cross, because then I could keep Dracula and Superman away.
   :mario: :luigi: :yoshi:  :toad: