Author Topic: Don Imus fired by MSNBC/CBS  (Read 7465 times)

delfunk1

• South Shore BreakfastHead
    • http://
Don Imus fired by MSNBC/CBS
« on: April 11, 2007, 06:46:47 pm »
He got the boot from MSNBC forever

discuss...
This isn\'t who it would be if it wasn\'t who it is.

"Part of me suspects that I\'m a loser, and the other part of me thinks I\'m God Almighty. " -John Lennon

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007, 06:51:48 pm »
this is fucking horseshit. the man is a fucking SAINT (and yes, i am VERY serious when i say that), and to take him out of power because he said something un-PC (he\'s said FAR worse things on the show, imo) which someone decided to make a big deal about is absolute fucking blasphemy.

Mamalakabubadaya

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 06:55:55 pm »
absolutely ridiculous. the poor guy really didn\'t deserve to get the full boot. it\'s not like he pulled a fucking michael richards or something that extreme... i didn\'t realize this was going to go so far when i heard about it the other day. it\'s really a shame for the people who have been listening to him for years. my dad is beside himself lol.

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2007, 06:59:41 pm »
all he said was something about nappy hoes right? people need to stop being such pussies. (imho)
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2007, 07:14:03 pm »
I read a quote by Howard Stearn, which said Don Imus apologized like this was his first broadcasting job and that he should have said, Fuck You! It was a joke!

It is quite a debatable subject. I don\'t agree with him getting fired but since the advertiser started to pull from the show, they corporate monster had no other choice but fire him or lose money.

also, is there a link for the story of him getting booted from MSNBC?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 07:14:03 pm by Spacey »
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

delfunk1

• South Shore BreakfastHead
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2007, 07:17:27 pm »
All the good thing he\'s done, all the money he\'s raised for the kids with cancer, fallen hero\'s fund, unforently doesn\'t mean shit if you say one wrong thing.  He was probably Harold Ford Jr\'s. biggest media supporter.   I mean come on, Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson have said stuff just as bad about Jews.  Its ok for them, but Imus becomes a martyr.  Fuck that!
This isn\'t who it would be if it wasn\'t who it is.

"Part of me suspects that I\'m a loser, and the other part of me thinks I\'m God Almighty. " -John Lennon

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2007, 07:41:29 pm »
I never listened to him so I have nothing bad to say. However I noticed that cnn decided to finally **** out anna nicole for this story on the 5 minute loop so I guess it was important to some people.

Not me though,I don\'t listen to any one sided talk radio. Just Rush Limbaugh in the afternoon followed by collin on wtic, npr at night and bbc world feed in the early morning. All of which is 100% middle of the road non-offensive.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2007, 08:16:04 pm »
fucking false outrage PC bullshit. everyone wants something to be mad about.. something to make a big deal about.. rather than accept an apology, take away a man\'s livelihood because it\'s the only thing that will help you deal with your "outrage".

for once, could a boss grow a set of balls and stand up for their employee? can someone go to fucking bat for a guy that has all the money in the world and still goes to work every day because he does nothing but GOOD THINGS with that money for OTHER PEOPLE??

but no, msnbc thinks it\'s a good idea to get him off of the airwaves. and when do they decide to do this? the very day before imus goes on the air in the morning to kick off WFAN\'s 18th annual radiothon benefiting the Tomorrows Children\'s Fund, the CJ Foundation for SIDS and the Imus Ranch.

imus doesn\'t need the fucking money. he spends his days working for and going to bat for other people who DO. but all those charities are now losing out on the radiothon being nationally televised in the morning, because msnbc wants to protect people from the awful man who is imus.

all because people need something to be mad about, and this is all they could find.

want to know what don imus gets mad about?

don imus got mad about the death benefit for troops being only $12,000, and worked to get it raised to $500,000 when no one in congress wanted to do a damn thing about it.

don imus got mad about Joe Barton preventing passage of the Combating Autism Act, which would authorize funds for autism research, and the fact that no one seems to care about the autism epidemic in america.

don imus got mad about little kids having to live their lives with cancer, and opened the imus ranch to help show these kids that they can live a normal life and help give them confidence and self esteem.

don imus got mad about the complete lack of care given to our troops upon returning home from war, and helped build the Center for the Intrepid by raising over $10,000,000 through the fallen heroes fund and personally contributing over $300,000.

but no one cares about petty things about that. all that matters is taking enormous offense to being the butt end of a bad joke, and taking no prisoners while getting your revenge.

not to mention that it would have been hilarious if fucking chris rock said it.

imus\' comments don\'t make me outraged - clueless, selfish, idiots do.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2007, 08:41:48 pm »
Quote from: FrankZappa;141881
Not me though,I don\'t listen to any one sided talk radio. Just Rush Limbaugh in the afternoon followed by collin on wtic, npr at night and bbc world feed in the early morning. All of which is 100% middle of the road non-offensive.

that may be a joke, i\'m not sure, but if not, i just want to say that imus really isn\'t one-sided at all, and this just goes to show that people know absolutely nothing about the man.

DocEllis70

• shottynasalGuinness
    • http://www
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2007, 09:01:55 pm »
Ive always liked Imus and this was really a shock to hear. It is bullshit and you should hear these sensitive broads crying on NPR and what not because Imus insulted their \'team\' or their \'family\'. Imus also makes fun of a lot of people on a daily basis as well as himself. hope the people at msnbc take a huge loss for this..
They gave Sid a few chances but he obviously had more issues and they werent gona keep him around and run the risk..Imus is definatley a cynical but good man
sleep a lot...eat a lot, brush em like crazy. Run a lot...do a lot, never be lazy..

antbach

• bron bron bachinski
    • http://www.myspace.com/antbach
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2007, 09:17:29 pm »
I haven\'t really stayed up to par on this whole situation. I stopped paying attention when Sharpton got involved, because, frankly, I do not like the man, and feel someone needs to shut him up for good. Who the hell made him the almighty of the blacks (african americans, or whatever is PC these days)?

But anyway, wasn\'t MSNBC just simulcasting the radio show on television? He still has his radio show, no?
"Okay everybody, for my next miracle, I\'m going to turn water into funk!"

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2007, 09:39:21 pm »
Quote from: antbach;141902
But anyway, wasn\'t MSNBC just simulcasting the radio show on television? He still has his radio show, no?

as of right now he does..

DocEllis70

• shottynasalGuinness
    • http://www
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2007, 09:59:41 pm »
Sharpton and Jackson are hypocritical bigots who before they open their mouths about Imus should apologize to the Duke lacrosse players who they tried to accuse of raping a black girl and ruining their lives/reputation as well
sleep a lot...eat a lot, brush em like crazy. Run a lot...do a lot, never be lazy..

Rickey Roux

• The Ludes Did It
    • http://www.myspace.com/rickeyroux
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2007, 11:02:50 pm »
Don Imus has been doing this type of humor for 30 years, both on the air and in live performances (which he stopped doing a while ago).  I have old album of his called "This Honky\'s Nuts" recorded in the 70\'s.  It is filled with profanity, drug references and all kinds of derogatory comments about Blacks, Jews, Hispanics, etc.  Why after all these years, has this become a big deal?  People need to lighten the fuck up.   It\'s not like he has just targeted the Blacks.  Everyone has been fair game.  And don\'t get me started on Jackson and Sharpton.  This is a travesty of freedom of speech.  If you don\'t like what\'s on TV or radio change the channel.  I want find out which advertisers were going to pull out so I can boycott those asswipes.
You Lucky Bastards!

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2007, 11:13:25 pm »
Staples Inc., Bigelow Tea Company, Procter & Gamble Co., General Motors and Sprint Nextel have stopped advertising on Imus\' morning show to protest his racially charged remarks about the women\'s basketball team. According to NPR\'s All Things Considered, GlaxoSmithKline and American Express have also pulled their ads from the show for the time being.