Author Topic: Setlist: 2009-07-07 - Reggie\'s Music Joint; Chicago, IL  (Read 5600 times)

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
    • http://
Setlist: 2009-07-07 - Reggie\'s Music Joint; Chicago, IL
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2009, 12:15:30 pm »
Quote from: Yoda;235544
When I die, I\'ll get to see Bruce Springsteen & the E-Street Band (with some line up changes)

- Jordan replaces the guys who replaced Danny Federicci
- Ron replaces Gary Talent
- Tim replaces Nils Lofgren
- Adrian replaces Max Weinberg

...awaits the onslaught of rotten tomatos :duck:

I have never thought to, nor really wanted to use the ignore feature on this board......but DBlock, you are making it tough with posts like this.....
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2009, 12:18:32 pm »
Quote from: Stephengencs;235562
Quote from: Yoda;235544
When I die, I\'ll get to see Bruce Springsteen & the E-Street Band (with some line up changes)

- Jordan replaces the guys who replaced Danny Federicci
- Ron replaces Gary Talent
- Tim replaces Nils Lofgren
- Adrian replaces Max Weinberg

...awaits the onslaught of rotten tomatos :duck:

I have never thought to, nor really wanted to use the ignore feature on this board......but DBlock, you are making it tough with posts like this.....

Got the heaven idea from your post... I\'ll keep the boss posts to a minimum...  Don\'t want to lose the support of one of the three people that doesn\'t want me to be at the losing end of a drop toilet with them taking target practice...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

Rickey Roux

• The Ludes Did It
    • http://www.myspace.com/rickeyroux
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2009, 12:19:21 pm »
Fun times in the Windy City.  From the opening jam it seems like the boys took the energy and intensity of the July 4th Toad\'s show and brought it with them.  Obviously with the trio format, the jams were extended and a bit experimental.  I totally concur with Gordo on the Mayfly and Eppy 3 being the highlights, but the show kicked ass from start to finish.  Decent sized, receptive crowd.  Looked like a lot of newbs got their first face meltings.  Always a good thing.  Nice to see the .info contingent and to meet dj dizzy k and his posse.  The show was taped, but the taper wasn\'t sure of the quality of it.  I\'ll be following up with him soon.  Oh, and Stevie, no lawn sleeping yet, but I\'m off to Appleton in an hour or two and you know what happens in Wisconsin.  ;)  Wish you were here for the festivities.
You Lucky Bastards!

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2009, 01:34:19 pm »
Quote from: Rickey Roux;235567
Oh, and Stevie, no lawn sleeping yet, but I\'m off to Appleton in an hour or two and you know what happens in Wisconsin.  ;)  Wish you were here for the festivities.

Thanks broseph........Take care of my boys like I know you will!!!!!  Love ya!
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2009, 02:38:36 pm »
tapers?"

dj dizzy k

• Breakfast connoisseur
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2009, 02:44:08 pm »
Great to meet you as well, Ricky. As always it was an incredible time gettin down with the boys. Saw a couple tapers...I got maybe 60% on video. Ill try to upload asap. And theres the doorbell. Time for a drum lesson from Adrian and a jam session with the boys!

jking

• thanks!!
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2009, 06:48:16 pm »
what\'s goping on in appleton? i don\'t see anything on the calendar?

i have been known to be blind, however...

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2009, 06:51:17 pm »
All I remember was that the boys were loose as shit up there, they fired through pretty much every jam, Eppy 3 was a little faster than normal versions, and I got fucking shwasted unexpectedly. Had a great time, but jesus I was drunk. Did I say bye to you Ricky? Fuck. PBR tall boys on special> Captain Morgan freebs still works like real alcohol even though you don\'t taste that shit. I need to poop.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2009, 07:15:21 pm »
How was Mr [-]Roboto[/-] Blotto?
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2009, 11:56:53 pm »
you know what happens in Wisconsin.  ;)

I sort of assumed its generally a cold and boring place to be? No offense intended, I just honestly have no idea what happens in Wisconsin :lol: ... also assumed it was a good place to drink a bowl of vodka to the dome :P

Quote from: Gordo;235627
and I got fucking shwasted unexpectedly. Had a great time, but jesus I was drunk. Did I say bye to you Ricky? Fuck. PBR tall boys on special> Captain Morgan freebs still works like real alcohol even though you don\'t taste that shit. I need to poop.

Shit happens. I\'m sure most Breakfast fans have been to at least a couple shows where they got unexpectly shitfaced. Hopefully you didn\'t have to hit the road right after... and hope you had a successful bowel movement! :D
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2009, 03:56:06 pm »
Mr. Blotto was good. I didn\'t stay for their whole set, but they played a few GD covers, one Phish tune, and their originals sounded extremely Dead-ish. A couple fun upbeat blues dance tunes too.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

sconnie4satan

• from the block...
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2009, 06:57:50 pm »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;235665

I sort of assumed its generally a cold and boring place to be? No offense intended, I just honestly have no idea what happens in Wisconsin :lol: ... also assumed it was a good place to drink a bowl of vodka to the dome :P

jeez man!  WI is a beautiful state filled with lakes, trees, beer and cheese.  how could that not be fun!!  and we do like the vodka.
Don\'t shoot the messenger it\'s not his fault...
It\'s just a drag when you\'re the last one to know.

Rickey Roux

• The Ludes Did It
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2009, 08:10:45 pm »
Quote from: Gordo;235627
and I got fucking shwasted unexpectedly. Had a great time, but jesus I was drunk. Did I say bye to you Ricky? Fuck. PBR tall boys on special> Captain Morgan freebs still works like real alcohol even though you don\'t taste that shit. I need to poop.

Gordo, no apologies needed.  Been there, done that.  Many, many times at Breakfast shows.  Was pretty lit myself by nights end after all the Daisy Cutter and Furious IPA\'s that I was throwing down.  As long as you had a great time and got home safe, it\'s all good.  Great night, except for the parking ticket for a meter violation.  $50!!!  Fuck the City of Chicago!!!

Quote from: sconnie4satan;235778
Quote from: bdfreetuna;235665

jeez man!  WI is a beautiful state filled with lakes, trees, beer and cheese.  how could that not be fun!!  and we do like the vodka.

:that:
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 08:10:45 pm by Rickey Roux »
You Lucky Bastards!

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2009, 08:29:36 pm »
Quote from: Rickey Roux;235788
Great night, except for the parking ticket for a meter violation.  $50!!!  Fuck the City of Chicago!!!

Meters enforced all night or were you pre-gaming in the area?  Sounds like a good FU is in order for Chicago.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

Rickey Roux

• The Ludes Did It
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2009, 09:08:10 pm »
Al, I believe meters are in force until 9 in this area.  I arrived at around 7 and put in $2 worth of quarters.  Chicago privatized their meters about five months ago and in exchange for a 75 year lease, they received $1.2 billion to help plug budget holes.  They did a similar thing a few years back with the Chicago Skyway, a toll bridge that connects Illinois and Indiana. The meter rates by the club are $1 an hour to park on the street (it\'s much worse in the loop, where it can cost up to $7 an hour).  So it would have cost me $5 and I would have had to gone out the car every two hours to re-up.  I can handle the fact I have a violation, but $50?
You Lucky Bastards!