Author Topic: What is up w/ the release of dates??  (Read 4552 times)

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
What is up w/ the release of dates??
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2006, 02:43:58 pm »
I\'d rather all tour dates be released at one time or in parts regarding to that section of the tour.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2006, 02:46:37 pm »
Quote from: Spacey

believe it or not, I have had this conversation with someone a couple of days ago.

This is a major issue in my opinion b/c you really need at least 6 weeks to properly promote a show and when flyers get to you the week before the show all your efforts are useless b/c maybe 2 people out of 100 flyers will actually come on such short notice.

Exactly. So as of now going by the 6 wk rule I guess maybe I posted a wk early according to rumors of a western tour and it\'s placement in March.
But you get my point and I\'m happy @ least you do.
You should be in charge of promoting this band in a more official capacity, maybe then they would blow up like we all want.

I\'d rather all tour dates be released at one time or in parts regarding to that section of the tour.

That\'s how MOST bands do it and it really works well.
Then again The Breakfast have their own way of doing things, that they seem to be happy with so....
« Last Edit: January 28, 2006, 02:48:48 pm by leith »
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

SlimPickens

• just the tip
    • http://
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2006, 02:49:51 pm »
In a perfect world I\'m sure you\'d have your 6 weeks.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2006, 02:56:38 pm »
Quote from: SlimPickens

You\'re right. Umphreys McGee sent me promotional material for the 2/14 show 2 weeks ago. That\'s under the 6 week mark but Toad\'s Place also gives them the publicity with the club which makes up for it.

leith

« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2006, 03:02:36 pm »
Quote from: SlimPickens

You\'re right. Umphreys McGee sent me promotional material for the 2/14 show 2 weeks ago. That\'s under the 6 week mark but Toad\'s Place also gives them the publicity with the club which makes up for it.

Well the larger your visibility the shorter amount of time that you really need for promotion and Clubs will give you more run also as Spacey said.
That is really a big part of promotion thus my desire to start promotion for The Bfast as their visibility out here is just not as high as it was 1 1/2 yrs ago.

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
Free me from vices, free me from fear.. Free me from anything that keeps me from here.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2006, 03:28:06 pm »
Correct me if I am wrong, but was it not believed that the band was too small for a booking agent? I thought I remember someone saying that the band had trouble finding an agent because they were to "small".

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2006, 03:29:56 pm »
Fucking bullshit. The band just needs a little fire behind them.
Free me from vices, free me from fear.. Free me from anything that keeps me from here.

leith

« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2006, 03:37:41 pm »
Correct me if I am wrong, but was it not believed that the band was too small for a booking agent? I thought I remember someone saying that the band had trouble finding an agent because they were to "small".

Steffmo posted that the band was rejected by some agents due to them being too small (read low visibility).
That is one of the reasons I am soo riled up abt this subject. It seems no one is doing anything constructive within management to increase this visibility. The proof is in that I do not see any mention of this band anywhere but here and an occasional jambands.com blurb when they do something like FF7\'s Star Wars.

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2006, 03:43:05 pm »

Spacey is right here - Steffmo said the band wants to announce all the tour dates for the U.S. tour at once.  They have a couple remaining dates that haven\'t been confirmed.  The more dates and geographic coverage, the more grand the release of the info to the jamband sites.  Also, let\'s say as an example that the band is trying to shore up a date in Kansas City.  If the band announces all the other confirmed tour dates online (Jambase etc.) and doesn\'t mention Kansas City, people from Kansas/Missouri will probably not follow up again with the tour if they don\'t see any dates initially listed in their region.

Quote from: leith

Steffmo posted that the band was rejected by some agents due to them being too small (read low visibility).
That is one of the reasons I am soo riled up abt this subject. It seems no one is doing anything constructive within management to increase this visibility. The proof is in that I do not see any mention of this band anywhere but here and an occasional jambands.com blurb when they do something like FF7\'s Star Wars.

Well at least they are finally embarking on the tour that you have been bellyaching about for months.  Isn\'t that a step in the right direction?  I think a lot of jamband correspondence is done on an ad-hoc basis by fans such as yourself.  Maybe you are part of the solution to getting more press?  Write to every jamband site and newspaper in the nation!!  I guarantee you will have an effect on their visibility.

And one more thing, I\'ll see you on tour in March!!!! ;)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2006, 03:47:50 pm by alexanderzurflu »
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

leith

« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2006, 04:01:03 pm »
Quote from: alexanderzurflu

Spacey is right here - Steffmo said the band wants to announce all the tour dates for the U.S. tour at once.  They have a couple remaining dates that haven\'t been confirmed.  The more dates and geographic coverage, the more grand the release of the info to the jamband sites.  Also, let\'s say as an example that the band is trying to shore up a date in Kansas City.  If the band announces all the other confirmed tour dates online (Jambase etc.) and doesn\'t mention Kansas City, people from Kansas/Missouri will probably not follow up again with the tour if they don\'t see any dates initially listed in their region.

Well at least they are finally embarking on the tour that you have been bellyaching about for months.  Isn\'t that a step in the right direction?  I think a lot of jamband correspondence is done on an ad-hoc basis by fans such as yourself.  Maybe you are part of the solution to getting more press?  Write to every jamband site and newspaper in the nation!!  I guarantee you will have an effect on their visibility.

And one more thing, I\'ll see you on tour in March!!!! ;)

Uh so you feel as I do. Just substitute K.C. for SF or L.A. or S.D. and you can see the frustration w/ release of dates out east for march april and May!
As for releasing dates in a bunch to have a big splash on jambands or whatever is a buncha crap. If the band\'s visibility is not that high a press release over an overdue tour is supposed to boost it that high? I doubt it.

Oh and it\'s not like I do not bug all sorts of net sites to give this band more attention. Come On GUY!!!!!!!! If anyone you know is going to bug the shit out of people to recognize a band it\'s gonna be me. I have sent music,emails and followed up to @ least 3 publications, 2 radio stations and numerous music blog sites.

Oh and one more thing.
You are such a hoo haa Al. You belly ache to anyone but this board abt the Bfast\'s lack of direction in this area.

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2006, 04:49:22 pm »
;) ;)

Oh and one more thing.
You are such a hoo haa Al.

You belly ache to anyone but this board abt the Bfast\'s lack of direction in this area.

I don\'t need to bellyache, we have a full-time bellyacher on staff out in San Diego!!  Even when I do have criticisms/suggestions, I often don\'t need to state them because you already have.  I also don\'t feel the need to engage in cyber grudge matches with my fellow .inforumers on a daily basis.  

I may just be a little more diplomatic in my approach to the message board, whereas you fire grenades in every discussion then wonder why you don\'t have any allies in many threads.  Sometimes you have to ask yourself if it\'s worth arguing about every trivial subject imaginable.  

As for the hoo haa comment, perhaps we are ready for a round two of wrestlemania 420?  It\'s been 5 years since the last one.   My bet is that stick figure Duvall will go down pretty quick!!  ;)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2006, 05:02:17 pm by alexanderzurflu »
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

Mamalakabubadaya

• http://
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2006, 04:52:47 pm »
woah..

leith

« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2006, 04:59:20 pm »
Quote from: alexanderzurflu

Oh and one more thing.
You are such a hoo haa Al.

You belly ache to anyone but this board abt the Bfast\'s lack of direction in this area.

I don\'t need to bellyache, we have a full-time bellyacher on staff out in San Diego!!  Even when I do have criticisms/suggestions, I often don\'t need to state them because you already have.  I also don\'t feel the need to engage in cyber grudge matches with my fellow .inforumers on a daily basis.  

I may just be a little more diplomatic in my approach to the message board, whereas you fire grenades in every discussion then wonder why you don\'t have any allies in many threads.  Sometimes you have to ask yourself if it\'s worth arguing about every trivial subject imaginable.  

As for the hoo haa comment, say that to my face when we hang at the next show and you will have a purple welt on yours.  I am much rougher than stick figure Duvall ;)

Since we haven\'t held a wrestlemania 420 since 2001, maybe we are ready for a second go?

LOL yeah ok i\'ll give you that I am not as diplomatic as I could be but I figure the east coast mentality is such that it is the only way to get through.
I don\'t see the band\'s tour schedule from a promotion sense as a trivial subject.
and I have no problem reiterating my hoo haa comment to you in March. ;)

Steffmo

• rekkid company mogul
    • http://horizonmusicgroup.com
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2006, 05:15:38 pm »
You have the approximate time frame of the tour.  The specific dates will be announced shortly, when they are contracted.

I try to post enough information here to help you with your planning.  But there are certain rules that are meant not to be broken, like posting before confirmation or contacts.

As usual in this business, there are any number of issues that effect these things that you all know nothing about, or should know nothing about.  Band internal business is not your business, as much as certain frustrated wanna be managers think it is.

My suggestion to Leith is that he find a nice local band and show us all how brilliant his skills are by blowing them up into a national band in six months.