Author Topic: Wheel House Tavern; Narragansett, RI  (Read 6871 times)

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
Wheel House Tavern; Narragansett, RI
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2007, 08:53:40 pm »
so is there any kind of breakfast fan base starting to form down there in RI?

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2007, 09:57:52 pm »
its seasonal.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
    • http://
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2007, 08:28:58 am »
Quote from: Klout;156661

RI is tough..... so many different tastes in music and it\'s hard to get a large number of people to one place. but RI crowds haven\'t been to bad but i\'m basically the only promoter and i can only get to so many places
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

tyzack

Breakfast in Providence
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2007, 09:57:56 am »
Quote from: Spacey;156648
Quote from: j.d.;156643
Quote from: derickw;156581
Quote from: j.d.;156549
just happy for a ri show. now if they can find a place in providence to play during the winter i\'ll be all set.

hey j.d. what do you think about AS220... i\'m almost feeling like it would be to small butttt i wouldn\'t mind a packed house

AS220 would be a good spot. right in downtown. tazza caffe on westminster has booked some jam bands like the bridge, melvin sparks and others and would be another good spot in providence. i guess the living room is out. since the owner died it\'s been mostly indie, punk, and hardcore.

Quote from: Spacey;156553
just happy for a ri show. now if they can find a place in providence to play during the winter i\'ll be all set.

where in RI do you live?

yeah i\'m in east providence. the wheelhouse is a good place for a show, but it\'s nice when the show is in providence and less then 10 min from my place.

we should get on that and talk to some of these clubs. its been a while since we made it to Providence. Then all we would need is to promote the snot out of it.

Actually, I have been - in my opinion at least - a long-time breakfast fan, and have been always disapointed about the distances I\'ve had to travel for shows. Their apperances in PVD over the years have been few and far between. I think the last time I saw them there was The Living Room in March \'04 or \'05, though I could be wrong. I try to hit the New Market and Amherst shows when I can.

On a side note, what\'s the drive like from PVD to New Haven? Am I a tool for not doing it?

I for one, would be uber-pysched to see them in town again and would put posters up on every mail-box and light post in the greater federal-hill area.

Quote from: derickw;156678

RI is tough..... so many different tastes in music and it\'s hard to get a large number of people to one place. but RI crowds haven\'t been to bad but i\'m basically the only promoter and i can only get to so many places

With all those tastes in music, you might get alot of people interested in the breakfast because they are different.

I mean, Weseley "The God of Rock and Roll" Willis himself played there.
(I know I spelled his name wrong)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 09:57:56 am by tyzack »
Apartheid: A policy of segregation and political and economic discrimination.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2007, 09:58:28 am »
Quote from: tyzack;156829
On a side note, what\'s the drive like from PVD to New Haven? Am I a tool for not doing it?

cake. 90 minutes tops. most of us in new haven don\'t even think twice about traveling to a show in providence.

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2007, 10:03:44 am »
Quote from: Spacey;156648
Quote from: j.d.;156643
Quote from: derickw;156581

hey j.d. what do you think about AS220... i\'m almost feeling like it would be to small butttt i wouldn\'t mind a packed house

AS220 would be a good spot. right in downtown. tazza caffe on westminster has booked some jam bands like the bridge, melvin sparks and others and would be another good spot in providence. i guess the living room is out. since the owner died it\'s been mostly indie, punk, and hardcore.

Quote from: Spacey;156553

where in RI do you live?

yeah i\'m in east providence. the wheelhouse is a good place for a show, but it\'s nice when the show is in providence and less then 10 min from my place.

we should get on that and talk to some of these clubs. its been a while since we made it to Providence. Then all we would need is to promote the snot out of it.

Actually, I have been - in my opinion at least - a long-time breakfast fan, and have been always disapointed about the distances I\'ve had to travel for shows. Their apperances in PVD over the years have been few and far between. I think the last time I saw them there was The Living Room in March \'04 or \'05, though I could be wrong. I try to hit the New Market and Amherst shows when I can.

I for one, would be uber-pysched to see them in town again and would put posters up on every mail-box and light post in the greater federal-hill area.

Quote from: derickw;156678

With all those tastes in music, you might get alot of people interested in the breakfast because they are different.

I mean, Weseley "The God of Rock and Roll" Willis himself played there.
(I know I spelled his name wrong)

like Dave said 90 minutes tops. i pretty much head down for every CT show so if you ever feel like it just hop in the car with me

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2007, 01:13:45 pm »
Quote from: derickw;156832
like Dave said 90 minutes tops. i pretty much head down for every CT show so if you ever feel like it just hop in the car with me

I\'ve been on these magical "90 minute" rides with DW. He has an every wandering hand and makes you do things most men never think of.

tyzack

« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2007, 01:49:09 pm »
I\'ll go to the one Daniel street show on the 14th. If it is an enjoyable experience, I\'ll ask for rides to future shows.
Apartheid: A policy of segregation and political and economic discrimination.

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2007, 02:06:04 pm »
Quote from: tyzack;156863
I\'ll go to the one Daniel street show on the 14th. If it is an enjoyable experience, I\'ll ask for rides to future shows.

Daniel Street should be a GREAT show.... friday night, no excuses from the dotinfo contingent, should be to not be missed show

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2007, 02:26:47 pm »
Quote from: derickw;156866

Daniel Street should be a GREAT show.... friday night, no excuses from the dotinfo contingent, should be to not be missed show

I have to work on Saturday morning, so I am going to stay in. Unless late night follows me home.

SlimPickens

• just the tip
« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2007, 05:10:49 pm »
Quote from: Spacey;156872

I have to work on Saturday morning, so I am going to stay in. Unless late night follows me home.

Ummmm, your gonna need to take that day off bro.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2007, 05:43:04 pm »
Quote from: SlimPickens;156891

No. I am going to go to work with my head up my ass. Tough luck for me. The day is closed off and subject to Manager approval.

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2007, 10:05:54 am »
Quote from: Spacey;156897

No. I am going to go to work with my head up my ass. Tough luck for me. The day is closed off and subject to Manager approval.

:fruitsex::bandoggy::banbang:

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2007, 12:28:46 pm »
Quote from: derickw;156961
Quote from: Spacey;156897

:fruitsex::bandoggy::banbang:

exactly.

this is the life I chose.

antbach

• bron bron bachinski
    • http://www.myspace.com/antbach
« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2007, 08:08:25 pm »
Quote from: davepeck;156831

cake. 90 minutes tops. most of us in new haven don\'t even think twice about traveling to a show in providence.

and some of us even had the pleasure of residing there.
"Okay everybody, for my next miracle, I\'m going to turn water into funk!"