Author Topic: Setlist: 2008-05-24 - Sterling Stage Folk Festival; Sterling, NY  (Read 8285 times)

groovinlumens

• Seen the lights
    • http://www.MYSPACE.COM/GROOVINDOOD
parenting
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2008, 02:34:09 pm »
I understand. Just wanted to make it clear that I am a responsible parent and would never put myself or my kid in that situation. When i am spending time with my family i am the sober,responsible family man. If the family isn\'t around I like to let loose sometimes. Next time i will post more clearly. Sorry for giving the wrong impression.

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
Setlist: 2008-05-24 - Sterling Stage Folk Festival; Sterling, NY
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2008, 02:47:15 pm »
Quote from: groovinlumens;191117
Before everybody thinks i am a bad parent my son and wife both left that evening so it was not around my kid. but thanks for telling me how to raise my son. appreciate it!!!

Quote from: Yoda;191118
Sorry, but your post kind of led to that conclusion. I may not agree with everyone\'s habits, but I don\'t agree with doing drugs around your kids.  This is a forum and I stated my opinion.  You raise your son however you want.

It did only if you looked at it that way I read the same post and did not get led to that conclusion at all. He even posted he went into Zee\'s tent.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2008, 02:52:20 pm »
Leith - I don\'t want to argue symantics, but nowhere did it say that his wife and kid left.  In my opinion, just because you didn\'t do it in front of your kids, if you are around them in that state of mind, I\'m not down with it.  That being said, I\'m not going to crucify the guy for having a good time; it wasn\'t done in front of or around the kid, so I don\'t have an issue with it.
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2008, 02:58:32 pm »
dont mind yoda...he was put in a foster home as a child because his mom wouldn\'t stop blowing crack smoke in his face every time he tried to breast feed

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2008, 03:08:46 pm »
The jersey hater\'s gotta chime in..........

I\'ve had my time of craziness as most do, but I\'ve moved on from that

If I\'m a little off-kilter on this topic it mainly due to the fact that I have a cousin that was a mensa and went paranoid/schizophrenic (spelling) after doing too many hallucinagens.  I didn\'t really know him growing up (even though he lived up the block from me), but it makes me think twice the topic.

That being said, do whatever the hell you want to your own bodies.
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2008, 03:28:00 pm »
Quote from: Yoda;191125
The jersey hater\'s gotta chime in..........

I\'ve had my time of craziness as most do, but I\'ve moved on from that

If I\'m a little off-kilter on this topic it mainly due to the fact that I have a cousin that was a mensa and went paranoid/schizophrenic (spelling) after doing too many hallucinagens.  I didn\'t really know him growing up (even though he lived up the block from me), but it makes me think twice the topic.

That being said, do whatever the hell you want to your own bodies.

First.

His schizophrenia was always there the drugs would have just sped the process along. Those drugs do not do what you are blaming them for.

Let me guess he was really smart and sometime in his 20\'s he got all loopy ?
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2008, 03:33:55 pm »
Yeah it was around that time, but it also came after he continued to gobble large amounts of acid.  I\'m not saying that his condition wasn\'t always there, but I\'m sure that it wasn\'t helped by his urge to alter his state of mind on a constant basis.  And yes, he was brilliant.  

Again, I\'m not telling anyone how to live their life; my original comment was related to indulging in front of little ones, which I don\'t agree with.

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2008, 04:53:47 pm »
.....sooo anyways, Sterling Stage was a goodtime.
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

FreeSpirit

• Mrs. Tickler
    • http://www.myspace.com/robynsegali
« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2008, 05:19:31 pm »
Quote from: kindm\'s;191127
First.

His schizophrenia was always there the drugs would have just sped the process along. Those drugs do not do what you are blaming them for.

Let me guess he was really smart and sometime in his 20\'s he got all loopy ?

Quote from: Yoda;191128
Yeah it was around that time, but it also came after he continued to gobble large amounts of acid.  I\'m not saying that his condition wasn\'t always there, but I\'m sure that it wasn\'t helped by his urge to alter his state of mind on a constant basis.  And yes, he was brilliant.  

Again, I\'m not telling anyone how to live their life; my original comment was related to indulging in front of little ones, which I don\'t agree with.

Quote from: Schizophrenia.com
Street Drugs increase risk of Schizophrenia - use of street drugs (marijuana/hash - cannabis, etc.) have been linked with significantly increased probability of developing schizophrenia. Psychiatrists in inner-city areas speak of cannabis being a factor in up to 80 per cent of schizophrenia cases. Researchers in New Zealand found that those who used cannabis by the age of 15 were more than three times (300%) more likely to develop illnesses such as schizophrenia. Other research has backed this up, showing that cannabis use increases the risk of psychosis by up to 700 per cent for heavy users, and that the risk increases in proportion to the amount of cannabis used (smoked or consumed).

Today, there are over 30 published papers linking marijuana to schizophrenia or other mental disorders. Schizophrenia can sometimes be triggered by heavy use of hallucinogenic drugs, especially ***; but it appears that one has to have a predisposition towards developing schizophrenia for this to occur. There is also some evidence suggesting that people suffering from schizophrenia but responding to treatment can have an episode as a result of use of ***. Methamphetamine and PCP also mimic the symptoms of schizophrenia, and can trigger ongoing symptoms of schizophrenia in those who are vulnerable.

:lol: congrats.  you\'re both right! ;)
“Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings. ”[/color]

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2008, 07:08:58 pm »
Quote from: Gfunk;191137
.....sooo anyways, Sterling Stage was a goodtime.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

groovinlumens

• Seen the lights
    • http://www.MYSPACE.COM/GROOVINDOOD
wow
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2008, 10:06:55 pm »
I didn\'t realize a simple paragraph that included a nap with my kid and having some fun would spark such an in depth conversation about the effects that drug usage has on the brain and mental state of a human. And just to clarify. I don\'t gobble mass amounts of drugs. I have a little extra fun about twice a year and an outdoor breakfast show just happens to be one of those times.

To answer the question at hand. Was Sterling a good time?  AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH   yes!!!

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2008, 11:26:15 pm »
Quote from: groovinlumens;191157
I didn\'t realize a simple paragraph [...] would spark such an in depth conversation about [...]

are you sure you\'ve been here before and understand how this board works? Here, let me introduce you to our welcome comity, freddiewah, Alz, Leith, and Yoda. They can answer any further questions you might have.

sorry, couldn\'t resist. ;)
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2008, 06:25:53 am »
Come on Paul, you know I don\'t like to argue/debate!

oldnewbie

• it\'s recreational...
    • http://
« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2008, 07:52:29 am »
Quote from: FrankZappa;191152
Quote from: Gfunk;191137
.....sooo anyways, Yoda is an ASS .

there.....fixed it for ya!

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2008, 09:00:52 am »
Hey oldnewbie -
If you think I\'m an ass, good for you.  Unlike a lot of people on the board who just follow the flow (and that\'s okay too), I speak my opinion no matter how different or unpopular it may be.  I may have only been to 1 show in the past 6 years, but fans of the band from 99 to the present know that I have no problem stating my opinion.  I only posted in this tread because I took issue with what I thought was partying with drugs around kids (which I don\'t agree with); upon further explanation, I took back some of my alarm.  If my opinion of not having drugs around a kid makes me an ass, then you can call me the king ass till you\'re blue in the face.  If you have an issue with me posting my opinions because they\'re different than the rest of the flock, well then piss off and use the ignore button and you won\'t have to read any of my comments.  Capice?