Author Topic: Setlist: 2009-05-15 - Red Square; Albany, NY  (Read 10461 times)

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
Setlist: 2009-05-15 - Red Square; Albany, NY
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2009, 01:10:14 pm »
I understand that, I mean, Wolfman\'s Brother isn\'t in my top 10 favorite Phish songs, but how could I possibly say I could "do without" it?

I\'m quite certain that this frog is full of nannies.  He loved the shit out of hearing that Peace Frog.  It was possibly the greatest thing that ever happened to him.  It was either the most fortuitous break he\'ll get all year, or he paid the band $100 to play it.  Either way, he loved it.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2009, 01:16:12 pm »
He probably just wanted to agree with me because I\'m always right.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

peacefrogg

« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2009, 01:16:33 pm »
Quote from: Wolfman;231024
Quote from: peacefrogg;230941
Quote from: bdfreetuna;230940
Synergy jam featured some of the nastiest guitar I\'ve seen.

Peace Frog... oh yeah, lol, that was that song I didn\'t really like. Doors = snooooze

2nd set would have been straight fire without the Zzzz Frog ;)

lol.. no i agree, i could have done without it as well. i don\'t know what it was, the sound, the playing, or maybe the help of some pcp ;) but i\'ve never heard the breakfast like i did in set 2. newb/whatever, that was incredible.

So let me get this straight...your handle is "peacefrogg" and you could have done without hearing Peace Frog?  And I assume that you probably have other "Peace Frog" handles and email addresses and thus have been devoted to proclaiming your love of Peace Frog for a long time.  I mean, you didn\'t just show up on thebreakfast.info and think "Gee, I need a handle for this new board I\'m joining, what the heck should I go with?  How about Peace Frog, that\'s a good song."  No, you ARE the Peace Frog.  Peace Frog is YOUR friggin song.  Furthermore, unless you are seeing a Doors cover band, Peace Frog is a total bustout by anybody.  How are you not shocked and stoked any time this happens?  How many times in your life will you see Peace Frog performed live by anybody?    

NANNIES ALERT!

lmao. wow my post is really taking a turn for the worse! i definitely enjoyed the peacefrog bustout, but i would of* much rather heard another breakfast song. so yeah i was happy and suprised to hear the song considering i hadn\'t posted on this message board in years and i did that day.

and in regards to the handle.. i was signing up for pt.moe years ago and didn\'t know what to use for a handle, then peacefrog came on while i was signing up.. soooo there ya go. and i use that handle for just about everything i sign up for so i don\'t forget my usernames!

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
    • http://
« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2009, 01:34:35 pm »
hey, even a favorite song can be poorly placed in a setlist
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

peacefrogg

« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2009, 02:00:08 pm »
sorry to derail this thread about peacefrog! i just came in here to talk about how amazing i thought the show was. i haven\'t experienced that feeling during a live show in a while.

peaches626

« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2009, 02:12:19 pm »
palli! of course- we have raged many a time and I always (always!) forget your name when i see you

i\'m probably not hittin any shows until the breakfast/umelt boat cruise in boston (my birthday! maybe we can get my namesake song?) maybe i\'ll see ya then!
taints rule, gypsies drool!

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #51 on: May 19, 2009, 02:32:09 pm »
I\'ll be honest with you... Peace Frog is one of my all-time favorite songs, but it\'s one of my least favorite TB covers...  Personally, they lose me when they start jamming at the end of the tune... To me, that\'s a song that doesn\'t need to be jammed...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2009, 02:46:57 pm »
Quote from: Wolfman;231028
I understand that, I mean, Wolfman\'s Brother isn\'t in my top 10 favorite Phish songs, but how could I possibly say I could "do without" it?

I\'m quite certain that this frog is full of nannies.  He loved the shit out of hearing that Peace Frog.  It was possibly the greatest thing that ever happened to him.  It was either the most fortuitous break he\'ll get all year, or he paid the band $100 to play it.  Either way, he loved it.

ds673488 is not one of my favorite songs...
DS Newbers

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2009, 06:26:22 pm »
Quote from: peacefrogg;231036
sorry to derail this thread about peacefrog! i just came in here to talk about how amazing i thought the show was. i haven\'t experienced that feeling during a live show in a while.

Thread derailments are the life-blood of this community. So, thank you :)
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

good4garry

• Play the Red One!
« Reply #54 on: May 20, 2009, 06:54:59 am »
Quote from: Vassillios;230989
of course you have to reference phish for the types of jamming, because, well, they invented it.

tweezer from A Live One.....mad type III

not to be disagreeable, but i couldn\'t let this one go.............

phish invented jamming? i think not. ever heard of the grateful dead? allman brothers?

you may like phish\'s jamming better than other bands, and that\'s cool, but they most definately did not "invent" it

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #55 on: May 20, 2009, 08:36:32 am »
Quote from: good4garry;231099
of course you have to reference phish for the types of jamming, because, well, they invented it.

phish invented jamming? i think not. ever heard of the grateful dead? allman brothers?

you may like phish\'s jamming better than other bands, and that\'s cool, but they most definately did not "invent" it

Neither did any band in the 60\'s.  It goes back way beyond the dead or abb/
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #56 on: May 20, 2009, 09:12:25 am »
We could probably go back to cavemen "jamming" with sticks and rocks... :lol:

But yeah Phish is the easiest the most common way to explain Type I, II, III jamming. We\'ve all heard Tweezer off A Live One ;)

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #57 on: May 20, 2009, 10:01:51 am »
bruce springsteen invented jamming, we all know that
DS Newbers

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
    • http://
« Reply #58 on: May 20, 2009, 10:19:42 am »
Quote from: ds673488;231110
bruce springsteen invented the butt plug, we all know that

fixed:)
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
« Reply #59 on: May 20, 2009, 11:09:51 am »
Quote from: good4garry;231099

No, I am definitely not saying Phish invented jamming, not even close.

I was referring to them inventing the "types" of jamming. That statement could also be considered untrue, since the dead, allmans and jazz musicians had been experimenting for many years prior to Phish.

But nobody talked about type I, II, and III jams until Phish statsticians came around... so I guess the wording was invented alongside Phish jams.
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside