Author Topic: Moe.Down  (Read 8549 times)

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
The ONE and ONLY moe.down thread [MERGED]
« Reply #135 on: September 01, 2005, 01:48:38 pm »
Quote from: alexanderzurflu
Quote from: Jim Cobb
shouldn\'t you be on a plane guy?

Yeah Leith, did you make the flight arrangements before or after the Electric Co. was announced?

I got screwed by making my flight arrangements as soon as I bought my ticket for the down. MONTHS ago! So I fly out tonite to arrive in the morning. So much for planning ahead.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #136 on: September 01, 2005, 02:11:00 pm »
Quote from: leith
Quote from: Jim Cobb
shouldn\'t you be on a plane guy?

Yeah Leith, did you make the flight arrangements before or after the Electric Co. was announced?

I got screwed by making my flight arrangements as soon as I bought my ticket for the down. MONTHS ago! So I fly out tonite to arrive in the morning. So much for planning ahead.

I\'m sure the E.C. is going to rock due to added numbers attending from CT and beyond.  On the bright side, you will take in a shitload of music over the next few days (and you were spoiled by seeing both Puppethouse shows).  Enjoy the weekend!

Quote from: SlimPickens
hey everyone have a fun weekend at the shows... drink 12 cold ones for me!
!

I\'m sure Steve will have no problems drinking several cases of Budweiser for you.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #137 on: September 01, 2005, 02:29:01 pm »
Yeah I\'m not all that bummed that I\'m missing the show. I am going to hear plenty of great music that is not even The Breakfast so their sets will be just that much better for me.
Yeah this is what I keep telling myself.lol
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Rujah

• team digest
    • http://
« Reply #138 on: September 01, 2005, 03:08:27 pm »
Quote from: jocelyn
Quote from: Rujah

much more the breakfast that moe. of course, but moe is really my thing either.

Do you ever inspect your posts for quality control?  As an aspiring journalist, I would assume that you would be the most anal when it comes to spelling, grammar and translating your thoughts into rational sentences.

Everyone knows that sentence construction is different for conversational English (talking,) formal writing, and internet conversation. Well, for the last one,  often there is no construction at all. lol

Al you\'re a big boob. How many times do you have to bust rujah\'s balls over his grammar? lol

I just find it strange that the person who is planning on making a career in journalism is the least conscientious of his writing on .info.  It amazes me that almost nay a glance is given to his posts after typing them out (whether after drinking 40 beers or completely straight).  I will continue to bust his sweaty balls.

a career in journalism is more than just writing words guy?
Merge futhermucker just you merge You futhermucker merge merge futhermucker now

You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye - Raoul duke - Hunter S. Thompson, Fear&Loathing

Gimme breakfast..................

Rujah

• team digest
« Reply #139 on: September 01, 2005, 04:26:00 pm »
so what time is everyone arriving at moe.down? i was thinking about heading down around 2p or 3p so probably wont be getting to a Turin until 5p or 6p.  It all depends on whether or not I can score a ride, alot of people up here dont have tickets, so will probably be a last decision with them.  worse comes to worse I could always drive but dont really have a license til 9/5, which is total bullshit. with it being Labor Day Weekend, I really cant risk it.

You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye - Raoul duke - Hunter S. Thompson, Fear&Loathing

Rujah

• team digest
moe.down.arrival
« Reply #140 on: September 02, 2005, 02:38:53 pm »
so what time is everyone arriving at moe.down? i was thinking about heading down around 2p or 3p so probably wont be getting to a Turin until 5p or 6p.  It all depends on whether or not I can score a ride, alot of people up here dont have tickets, so will probably be a last decision with them.  worse comes to worse I could always drive but dont really have a license til 9/5, which is total bullshit. with it being Labor Day Weekend, I really cant risk it.

what do u guys think?

either way if i do make it. i dont really have a tent or anything and was banking on just crashing in my van, but since we cant park near our site, i really dont have anywhere to stay.

SlimPickens

• just the tip
« Reply #141 on: September 02, 2005, 02:44:36 pm »
i wouldn\'t risk it.  I was on the roads for 3 hours yesterday and saw tons of little piggys.  Doing little piggy things.

I\'m making an assumption about why you don\'t have yer license based on previous posts you\'ve made, and if my assumptions are true and you get caught driving the penalties are pretty strict.

Rujah

• team digest
« Reply #142 on: September 02, 2005, 03:07:30 pm »
yeah your prob right but i really dont want ot sit on $90. plus im pretty sure its all backroads and once i get to moe.down i should be fine.  my license gets fully restored on monday

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #143 on: September 02, 2005, 03:09:47 pm »
Do it. Don\'t regret it.

Don\'t waste your money.

Hide all your "goods"

Drive slow and cautious and get yo\' ass to the moe.down.

Serious Rujah, it is not worth sitting at home knowing how much fun you can be having.

Go NOW nad enjoy yourself.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Rujah

• team digest
« Reply #144 on: September 02, 2005, 03:15:38 pm »
yeah im at least waiting til my ebay auctoin runs out in case I get any bidders.  

my roomate is from plattsburgh, he said its all back roads and i should be ok.

Spacey--are you going to be at moe.down?

antbach

• bron bron bachinski
    • http://www.myspace.com/antbach
« Reply #145 on: September 02, 2005, 03:18:14 pm »
Quote from: Spacey
Serious Rujah, it is not worth sitting at home knowing how much fun you can be having.

I disagree. The consequences outweigh the upside.
"Okay everybody, for my next miracle, I\'m going to turn water into funk!"

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #146 on: September 02, 2005, 03:20:31 pm »
Rujah, I am one of those idiots who fucked up this past week with planning and not working. I had no money to make the trek. I really wanted to be in Utica last evening. Not really a care for moe.down except for The Breakfast and MMW. So I can live with myself until a setlist is posted.

GO, HAVE FUN!

Quote from: antbach
Quote from: Spacey

I disagree. The consequences outweigh the upside.

There are only consequences if you get caught.

Stay sober until you get there. Sober up before you leave.

As long as you can drive the speed limit and not look shady you should be alright.

Rujah

• team digest
« Reply #147 on: September 02, 2005, 03:26:20 pm »
yeah so your not going to go to moe.down?

consequences are shitty your right, but i can drive on monday so....
 basicallly id like to see the breakfast, mmw, moe. actually i want to see them all.  even tresa andersson heard shes pretty good.

at least if i dont go. ill get to see umelt on sat instead of the breakfast, but im deadset on going i think.

so back to my original qquestion.... when is everyone arriving?

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #148 on: September 02, 2005, 03:28:49 pm »
I am not going to moe.down :(

Like the bitch I am, I will sit here and cry as the setlist is put up tomorrow.

Take a risk brah.

So many other .infoers are there. Tell them Spacey sent you.

UMelt or the breakfast?

choice is easy

everyone is already up in Utica, they are probably going to go into moe.down very soon.

Rujah

• team digest
« Reply #149 on: September 02, 2005, 03:31:40 pm »
yeah prob will, plus i dont want to miss the heady timmy acoustic show either.

is that gonna be friday or sat?