Author Topic: Contest! Make Wolfman Burp!  (Read 5010 times)

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
He\'s going the distance!
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2003, 12:00:52 pm »
OK guys, I\'m going to attempt a bunch of remedies today at the pizza tourney!  If you have any more ideas get \'em in before 4PM today!

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
Contest! Make Wolfman Burp!
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2003, 05:13:46 am »
well, its official, wolf really cant burp. anyone that can chug a foxton park and do a head stand without burping probably wont burp for anything.

oof- 8 pizzas for 11 people, that was almost a large each! i\'m still carrying around all that dough. rough afternoon.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

Wolfman

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2003, 01:03:14 pm »
Well, we tried one of the solutions last night at the pizza tourney.  After eating all that pizza, I chugged about 20 ounces of Foxon Park "Gassosa", a gnarly lemon-lime ginger ale type beverage that is easily the gassiest thing I\'ve ever quaffed. :gulp:  My stomach immediately expanded to about 3 times its normal size and I was short of breath, but I couldn\'t burp.  Then I stood on my hands for about 3 mintues, until my head felt like it weighed about 100 pounds and I could feel solid chunks of pizza sliding back up my esophagus and into my mouth.  And yet, through it all, NO BURP.  There was about 20 minutes where I felt things coming up, but I couldn\'t tell if I was going to burp or puke.  I felt like ass though.  It was worth it.  I\'ll try the warm limejuice one next.  

Still hoping,
Wolfgas
« Last Edit: December 01, 2003, 03:18:36 pm by Wolfman »

bluefunknebula

• F th cops n censorship 2
    • http://www.myspace.com/amplifier_worship
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2003, 02:24:55 pm »
wolf...i can\'t believe all that pizza AND the gassosa without a burp. that is a severe condition, i feel real bad. i found some other people who were discussing the same affliction:

from
http://www.aron.org/blog/archives/000207.php

"Posted by sean at July 21, 2003 02:29 PM
I got a chest x-ray this afternoon, and as usual, there was this big gas bubble sitting in my stomach. Thing is, I can\'t burp. I never have. Literally, I\'m just unable to burp. I don\'t know if it\'s that I don\'t know how to do it, or if I just lack some essential muscle that the body uses to push gas upwards while keeping puke down there. If I have gas it either unnoticably burbles up little by little, it gets eaten by Tums, or it goes throught the whole system and gets expelled out the back door.

Posted by: Lauren on July 25, 2003 12:23 PM
You are the first person that has the same problem as me! No Kidding. Nobody ever believed me growing when I told them. I\'ve been told it\'s because a some kind of flap inside that is backwards or something, and doesn\'t let the air out. I\'m not really sure. I just deal with it. Just to let you know you can pass it to your children because my daughter can\'t burp and when she eats a lot and needs to burp, she\'ll throw up. If you ever figure this out let me know.

Posted by: Starla on October 17, 2003 10:42 AM
You know, it\'s kind of nice to know that there are actually other people out there who have the same problem... I\'ve always felt so alone... like I\'m defective or something! Non-burpers unite!
"

i did a search to find more information, but most of what i found had to do with people not being able to burp after having surgery on the esophagus or gastro-intestinal surgery. i also found that greyhounds, cows, and rats cannot burp.

this one site burp tablets was interesting...but in actuality it is not intended for people who cannot burp.

try the warm water and lemon juice mixture...there\'s gotta be something out there that can help!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2003, 02:29:58 pm by bluefunknebula »

Wolfman

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2003, 02:49:40 pm »
Wow, I love those comments, it\'s group therapy for people who can\'t burp.  Like me.  There are other freaks like me!  Oh joy!  I feel so welcomed.  Thanks bluefunk!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2003, 03:09:09 pm by Wolfman »

FrankZappa

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2004, 05:17:42 am »
Hey wolf, I found this thismorning and it made me think of this old thread. enjoy! From the june 1992 letters section of phish.com

Trey:
Why do you think we don\'t notice when you pick your boogers onstage? Whenever you play the drums you "hide" behind the cymbals and think we can\'t see. Is this a statement that you believe people should be able to belch, fart, etc.? Even when onstage? If you\'re actually trying to hide, as you pick your boogers, then remember that a theatre is a very big room and many people can see you from many different angles, some of which may not portray you in the way you desire. We understand you may not print this, and that\'s o.k. We want to spare you any further embarrassments.
Take care. Love, You.

You:
You\'ve touched on a very sensitive issue. My mother, like so many unfortunate women in the early 60\'s, had a habit of snorting household chemicals during pregnancy. As a result I was born with the rare disease Windus Blockus Syndrome. In short, I\'ve never belched or farted. For years Blockus Syndrome (or B.S. as it\'s commonly referred to) was considered fatal and incurable! But in 1965, one year before my birth, a cure was discovered. I was one and a half weeks old when I underwent surgery to implant a nasal relief valve" in my left nostril. By inserting my finger into my nose I can open the valve and release the offending gasses. To the layperson, it may look like simple nosepicking, but in reality it is a great scientific leap into the future. -- Trey
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

DocEllis70

• shottynasalGuinness
    • http://www
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2004, 12:43:18 pm »
hahaha ..trey...a ball breaker!??! no!!?
sleep a lot...eat a lot, brush em like crazy. Run a lot...do a lot, never be lazy..

Wolfman

« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2004, 02:00:43 pm »
Hilarious.  I forgot all about this thread.  I think you would die if you couldn\'t fart.

FrankZappa

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2004, 08:00:46 pm »
"how did the dinosaus all die you ask? why they all burped, belched, farted, hicpped and sneezed at the same time and the shock killed em\'!
- old man working in museum, ren and stimpy cartoon

ChrisF

• http://
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2004, 08:22:22 pm »
Originally posted by FrankZappa
"how did the dinosaus all die you ask? why they all burped, belched, farted, hicpped and sneezed at the same time and the shock killed em\'!
- old man working in museum, ren and stimpy cartoon

best episode ever.