Author Topic: The 2008-09 National Football League Thread  (Read 33789 times)

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
The 2008-09 National Football League Thread
« Reply #90 on: October 13, 2008, 01:07:56 pm »
Man - this thread get quiet when the patriots aren\'t winning.  This was a really good week for the NFL.

- Jets win
- Patriots lose
- Dolphins lose
- Exciting wins for Atlanta, St. Louis, Houston and Arizona

Come on people, this was a reallly good weekend for the sport.
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

postom

• let\'s go pens
    • http://
« Reply #91 on: October 14, 2008, 05:57:58 pm »
Quote from: Yoda;207650
Man - this thread get quiet when the patriots aren\'t winning.  This was a really good week for the NFL.

- Jets win
- giants lose
- cowboys lose
- minnesota wins, making my best friend win our $$ survival league
- Patriots lose
- Dolphins lose
- Exciting wins for Atlanta, St. Louis, Houston and Arizona

it was fucking awesome.  best week ever

except i wanted miami to win
« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 05:57:58 pm by postom »

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #92 on: October 14, 2008, 09:23:48 pm »
Man - this thread get quiet when the patriots aren\'t winning.  

Well, if anyone actually wanted to read what you post, then you could carry the thread too.

Oof, look at you, begging people to reply.  That\'s just sad man.  Here\'s how to get replies in 2 easy steps:

1. Write something good.  (You wrote "Jets win.  Patriots lose."  You might consider a little elaboration.)  
2. Stop being so mean all over .info.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 09:25:45 pm by Wolfman »

postom

• let\'s go pens
« Reply #93 on: October 15, 2008, 12:44:44 am »
it was a really good weekend for the NFL.  excitement everywhere.  so glad i was at a bar and could see all the last minute wins/fails

Wolfman

« Reply #94 on: October 21, 2008, 07:08:12 pm »
Great time at the Razor last night.  It was just like the good old old days (read: last year).  A thorough destruction of the 4-1 Broncos, right out of the 2007 playbook.  Pretty funny that the Patriots have their top 3 running backs all injured and it\'s not even a big deal.  If any other team was down to their backup QB and their 4th-string RB, they\'d be toast.  Yet this team can still beat good teams.  It\'s just funny how you don\'t even blink anymore when they just carry on through scores of key injuries.

Drew_Kingsley

• Your busted
    • http://www.goleopards.com
« Reply #95 on: October 21, 2008, 08:35:53 pm »
Quote from: Wolfman;208685
Great time at the Razor last night.  It was just like the good old old days (read: last year).  A thorough destruction of the 4-1 Broncos, right out of the 2007 playbook.  Pretty funny that the Patriots have their top 3 running backs all injured and it\'s not even a big deal.  If any other team was down to their backup QB and their 4th-string RB, they\'d be toast.  Yet this team can still beat good teams.  It\'s just funny how you don\'t even blink anymore when they just carry on through scores of key injuries.

Don\'t forget about the Southern Connecticut State University Owls! Only one Division II loss with a quarterback who was a wide receiver last year and a third string running back.

But, to address what you\'ve actually posted about, I\'m not that high on the Pats just yet. Their wins are a seven point home win over Kansas City, a nine point win over the Jets (who lost to the Raiders this week), a nine point win over a 49ers team that just fired their coach and a home win over the 32nd ranked run defense and 30th overall defense (going into this week) in the NFL. If you\'re thinking playoffs, the home loss to the Chargers is the game I\'d be thinking about.

I\'m not saying that the Patriots aren\'t still good, but I wouldn\'t say that nobody is even batting an eye (which you kind of said... couldn\'t find a way to work in a direct quote). This was the first good game for the Pats offense all season, and it came against a piss poor defense. I don\'t deny the power of confidence, which Matt Cassel definitely gained last night, but the toughest part of New England\'s schedule is definitely yet to come. I don\'t think the Pats have any games that are definite wins or losses, but I\'m guessing that they will be 9-7 giving them a severe benefit of the doubt.

Regardless, a Belichick-coached team is one that I don\'t want to face in the playoffs.
Go see your Breakfast, there are starving Leiths in California

Wolfman

« Reply #96 on: October 22, 2008, 12:09:56 am »
Don\'t worry Drew, it\'s not like I\'m giddy about their prospects.  They\'ll be trading wins and losses all season just like everyone else.  The difference between 9-7 and 7-9 will be a couple of plays or a couple of calls.  And same goes for the playoffs, anyone will be able to beat anyone as long as you\'re in.  But if you flip a coin 4 times, the chances of getting 4 heads are only 6.25%.  I\'ll sign up right now for a playoff spot and a 6.25% chance of championship.

tyzack

« Reply #97 on: October 29, 2008, 10:30:06 am »
Quote from: Wolfman;208710
Don\'t worry Drew, it\'s not like I\'m giddy about their prospects.  They\'ll be trading wins and losses all season just like everyone else.  The difference between 9-7 and 7-9 will be a couple of plays or a couple of calls.  And same goes for the playoffs, anyone will be able to beat anyone as long as you\'re in.  But if you flip a coin 4 times, the chances of getting 4 heads are only 6.25%.  I\'ll sign up right now for a playoff spot and a 6.25% chance of championship.

I think a championship this year would be Belechks crowning achievment.
Apartheid: A policy of segregation and political and economic discrimination.

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #98 on: November 03, 2008, 09:42:30 am »
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/standings

Gotta love seeing the Jets atop the AFC East, even if it is tied and for possibly only a week!
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

postom

• let\'s go pens
« Reply #99 on: November 03, 2008, 10:26:40 am »
Quote from: Yoda;209692
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/standings

Gotta love seeing the Jets atop the AFC East, even if it is tied and for possibly only a week!

SUPERBOWL

it is coming, mark my words

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #100 on: November 06, 2008, 04:34:48 pm »
Interesting story about one the Patriot (ex) cheerleaders.

http://www.tmz.com/2008/11/05/patriots-cheerleader-fired-over-penis-scandal/

Drew_Kingsley

• Your busted
    • http://www.goleopards.com
« Reply #101 on: November 09, 2008, 02:32:52 pm »
Jets = Men

40 points in the first half? Even against an awful Rams team (that has wins at Washington and against Dallas, FYI), that\'s ridiculous!
Go see your Breakfast, there are starving Leiths in California

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #102 on: November 10, 2008, 06:59:24 am »
"these are headdie times in atlanta right now"  - mike greenberg about 10 minutes ago.  god i love that man
*Gia*

psychjosh

Go NY GIANTS
« Reply #103 on: November 10, 2008, 07:09:40 am »
Hey Pitchy!!! You got the 31 correctly! Back to the sports desk with you. I think you should write an apology to Giants fans everywhere and publish it this week!
Bring Back the Shotty Nasal!

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #104 on: November 10, 2008, 07:11:36 am »
it was funny watching eli scream and debris in shockeys face
*Gia*