Author Topic: The Beatles A-Z full setlist and article  (Read 1825 times)

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
The Beatles A-Z full setlist and article
« on: September 01, 2008, 10:08:47 am »
From the program at the show last night, first the complete setlist w/o asterisks, then Diana Costello\'s article, then band credits.

Show #1: 8/3/08 Daniel Street; Milford, CT

I: A Day in the Life, A Hard Day’s Night, A Taste of Honey, Across the Universe, Act Naturally, All I’ve Got to Do, All My Loving, All Together Now, All You Need Is Love, And I Love Her, And Your Bird Can Sing, Anna (Go to Him), Another Girl, Any Time at All, Ask Me Why, Baby It’s You, Baby You’re a Rich Man, Baby’s in Black, Back in the U.S.S.R., Bad Boy, Because, Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite

II: Bésame Mucho, Birthday, Blackbird, Blue Jay Way, Boys, Can’t Buy Me Love, Carry That Weight > Chains, Come and Get It, Come Together, Cry Baby Cry, Cry for a Shadow, Day Tripper, Dear Prudence, Devil in Her Heart, Dig a Pony, Dig It, Dizzy Miss Lizzie, Do You Want to Know a Secret, Doctor Robert, Don’t Bother Me, Don’t Let Me Down

E: Don’t Pass Me By

Show #2: 8/10/08 Daniel Street; Milford, CT

I: Drive My Car, Eight Days a Week, Eleanor Rigby, Every Little Thing, Everybody’s Got Something to Hide Except Me and My Monkey, Everybody’s Trying to Be My Baby, Fixing a Hole, Flying, For No One, For You Blue, Free as a Bird, From Me to You, Get Back, Getting Better, Girl, Glass Onion, Golden Slumbers > Good Day Sunshine, Good Morning Good Morning, Good Night, Got to Get You into My Life, Happiness Is a Warm Gun

II: Hello Goodbye, Help!, Helter Skelter, Her Majesty > Here Comes the Sun, Here There and Everywhere, Hey Bulldog, Hey Jude, Hold Me Tight, Honey Don’t, Honey Pie, How Do You Do It, I Am the Walrus, I Call Your Name, I Don’t Want to Spoil the Party, I Feel Fine, I Me Mine, I Need You, I Saw Her Standing There, I Should Have Known Better, I Wanna Be Your Man

E: I Want to Hold Your Hand

Show #3: 8/17/08 Daniel Street; Milford, CT

I: I Want to Tell You, I Want You (She’s So Heavy), I Will, If I Fell, If I Needed Someone, If You’ve Got Trouble, I’ll Be Back, I’ll Cry Instead, I’ll Follow the Sun, I’ll Get You, I’m a Loser, I’m Down, I’m Happy Just to Dance With You, I’m Looking Through You, I’m Only Sleeping, I’m So Tired, In My Life, It Won’t Be Long, It’s All Too Much, It’s Only Love

II: I’ve Got a Feeling, I’ve Just Seen a Face, Julia, Kansas City/Hey Hey Hey Hey, Komm Gib Mir Deine Hand, Lady Madonna, Leave My Kitten Alone, Let It Be, Little Child, Long Long Long, Long Tall Sally, Love Me Do, Love You To, Lovely Rita, Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds, Maggie Mae, Magical Mystery Tour, Martha My Dear, Matchbox, Maxwell’s Silver Hammer, Mean Mr. Mustard, Michelle

E: Misery, Money (That’s What I Want)

Show #4: 8/24/08 Daniel Street; Milford, CT

I: Mother Nature’s Son, Mr. Moonlight, No Reply, Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown), Not a Second Time, Not Guilty, Nowhere Man, Ob-La-Di Ob-La-Da, Octopus’s Garden, Oh! Darling, Old Brown Shoe, One After 909, Only a Northern Song, P.S. I Love You, Paperback Writer, Penny Lane, Piggies, Please Mr. Postman, Please Please Me

II: Polythene Pam, Rain, Real Love, Revolution > Revolution 1, Revolution 9, Rock and Roll Music, Rocky Raccoon, Roll Over Beethoven, Run for Your Life, Savoy Truffle, Sexy Sadie, Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band, Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise), She Came in Through the Bathroom Window, She Loves You, She Said She Said, She’s a Woman, She’s Leaving Home, Sie Liebt Dich, Slow Down, Something

E: Strawberry Fields Forever > Sun King

Show #5: 8/31/08 Daniel Street; Milford, CT

I: Taxman, Tell Me What You See, Tell Me Why, Thank You Girl, That Means a Lot, The Ballad of John and Yoko, The Continuing Story of Bungalow Bill, The End, The Fool on the Hill, The Inner Light, The Long and Winding Road, The Night Before, The Word, There’s a Place, Things We Said Today, Think for Yourself, This Boy, Ticket to Ride, Till There Was You, Tomorrow Never Knows, Twist and Shout, Two of Us, Wait

II: We Can Work It Out, What Goes On, What You’re Doing, What’s the New Mary Jane, When I Get Home, When I’m Sixty-Four, While My Guitar Gently Weeps, Why Don’t We Do It in the Road, Wild Honey Pie, With a Little Help from My Friends, Within You Without You, Words of Love, Yellow Submarine, Yer Blues, Yes It Is, Yesterday, You Can’t Do That, You Know My Name (Look Up the Number), You Like Me Too Much, You Never Give Me Your Money, You Won’t See Me, Your Mother Should Know, You’re Going to Lose That Girl, You’ve Got to Hide Your Love Away

E: You’ve Really Got a Hold on Me

Paying tribute to one of history’s most influential rock bands is no doubt a daunting task.
Yet a trio of Connecticut musicians succeeded not only in brining the music of The Beatles to life, but also in staging a spectacle that truly embodied the spirit of the band’s enduring legacy.
Over five Sundays in August, musicians Tim Palmieri, Sean Miller and Ron Spears meandered their way through the entire Beatles catalog in alphabetical order, getting a little help from their friends along the way, of course.
All told, it added up to 224 songs.
“It’s really just celebrating everything that they’ve given us,” said Palmieri, guitarist. “That’s the least I can do for my existence. I absolutely feel all of these songs from the inside to the out.”
News of the undertaking graced newspaper headlines and accolades spread by word of mouth, organically growing the crowd each week at Daniel Street in Milford, Conn.  
For many in the audience, the event was a throwback to years past. Stories of emotional connections could be heard after just about any tune, as might be expected considering that this music provided the soundtrack to a generation’s coming of age.
“Every song is a memory,” said Deborah Saranitzky.
“When they played ‘In My Life,’” added Joe Mango, “I got a little teared up because I started thinking about people I’ve known who have passed and how that song has always had that significance for me.”
Not surprisingly, the event also attracted a dedicated following of young Beatles aficionados, who tracked and critiqued the setlists each week.
In fact, it often was typical of entire families to come together around the music, united by songs that had revolutionized so many aspects of American culture and clearly will continue to do so for decades to come.
“My husband and I are in our 50’s and we’re here with our son who’s 27 and our daughter who’s 25,” said Debra Redin. “So that’s a tribute to the band because they’re bridging the age gap by bringing us all together.”
Now at the end of the road, however, it’s the trio’s musicianship that ultimately deserves the spotlight. It was an ambitious undertaking, and one that’s worthy of all the applause it has received.  
 “It took The Beatles 60 takes to get some of those harmonies right, and so for them to do even a handful of them on stage is impressive,” said Shawn Tarnoczy. “For them to do all 200 or so is insane.”  

-Diana Costello

The Band would like to thank: Phil and Rich Conine, Andy, Bob, and Emily at Daniel Street along with the entire staff; Milford Connecticut; Chris Piccirillo; Diana Costello; Carla Bassi; Seth Wolfman; Jackie Greenberg; Jordan Giangreco; Fred DiLeone; Peter Lachmann; Chris Cherry; Ken Raflowitz; Chris Fitzpatrick; Stephen Gencarelli; Greg Ellis; Jeff Dirzius; Joe Mango; Josh Dobson; and most of all The Beatles for their amazing music and contribution to all our lives.
Tim would like to thank: Ron, Sean, and Adrian for their musical talents in making great Rock’n Roll Music; Mom for her Love and support, Dad for his vinyl upbringing and exposure to the greatest band in the world; Everyone who helped me with this project and their support from the beginning, Chris Cherry for the Line 6, Babicz Guitars, DR Strings, and Chris Piccirillo for his thorough attention to detail.
Ron would like to thank: My wife Lisa & son Aiden; Cam “the little dancing man” Lacroix, Tami & Tom, Phil & Cheryl; Dad & Bev; Mom & Danny; Phil, Donna, & Friedski.
Adrian would like to thank: Tangie Watson, Gibson Tramontano, and Jim Tramontano.
Sean would like to thank: Maggie Miller; Meaghan Miller; Justin Miller; Jeff Dirzius; Bill Chagnon; Steve Gencarelli; Shawn Tarnosky; Kelly Finnegan and most importantly: I give special thanks to: Tim Palmieri, Ron Spears, Adrian Tramontamo, Rohn Lawrence, Jordan Giangreco, and Fred DiLeone.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 11:00:04 pm by Wolfman »

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
    • http://
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 05:06:27 pm »
"BEST SIDE PROJECT EVER!" Seth Wolfman 8/31/08

Nice work Diana!
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 05:09:33 pm »
Quote from: Wolfman;201089

The Band would like to thank: Jeff Dirzius for their amazing  contribution to all our lives.

couldn\'t have said it better myself.

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 05:10:19 pm »
Quote from: Wolfman;201089
From the program at the show last night, first the complete setlist w/o asterisks, then Diana Costello\'s article, then band credits.

Article with contributions from Chris Piccarillo. He should be credited as well.

stefpav

• horse$hit shenanigans!
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2008, 06:18:35 pm »
i was only able to make it to the last show, but wow was it great!  soo....these were recorded right?  and will be available soon?  pretty please?  :)
if you need me i\'ll be in the Angry Dome!

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
    • http://
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2008, 10:38:04 pm »
Anyone have a copy of the program I can copy?
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2008, 10:58:51 pm »
Quote from: Mark;201163
Anyone have a copy of the program I can copy?

Send me your email address and I\'ll send you the file.  Full color!

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2008, 06:11:30 am »
hey wolf, can I get that also since I had to miss the last show?
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke