Author Topic: God I hate school  (Read 5689 times)

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
God I hate school
« Reply #75 on: September 12, 2008, 02:31:35 pm »
this is one of my favorite threads now. you guys are great.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

SkyePrizm

• separator
God I hate school
« Reply #76 on: September 12, 2008, 03:01:44 pm »
Quote from: Wolfman;202598
As soon as I post the fact that this is the most articulate thread ever, Al, Skye, and Bezerker completey fuck the average words-per-post with 5 consecutive one-liners.  

Glad to see my work is done.

Jim Cobb

• RailroadBuilder/RugPee-er
  • Global Moderator
    • http://www.urban-fetch.com
God I hate school
« Reply #77 on: September 12, 2008, 05:51:34 pm »
To continue my efforts towards boosting the thread\'s words per post average, I offer a firsthand account from an anonymous lurker who read my previous post - the one I specifically warned against reading - and found himself the victim of the unsafe conditions surrounding a point in spacetime in which gravitational forces cause matter to have an infinite density and zero volume.  Here is his story:

"I certainly didn\'t think he was serious as I read through the small print below his sarcastic commentary on the subject matter of the thread.  But as my archaic iBook G4 laptop began to shake violently, I began to revise my conclusion.  No logic board failure or kernel panic could have been causing this.  I\'d always wondered if Steve Jobs were some sort of evil sorcerer, but at that moment I knew the collapse of matter I was witnessing was the consequence of my own wandering eyes.  It looked as if this laptop was a piece of old newspaper, slowly but surely balled up in preparation to be used as kindling for a fireplace.  But it didn\'t stop there, no sir.  This ball of metal kept crunching in on itself, getting smaller and smaller until it became hard to even see on the surface of my desk.  I started to notice a strange queezy feeling in my stomach as I watched my pencil holder slide towards the center of the desk and collapse into this tiny ball of matter.  Then went the cell phone, followed by my speakers, and then the desk itself began it\'s collapse.  At that moment, everything got a bit funny.  This point had become so dense that even light could no longer escape it\'s menacing gravitational pull.  Before the impulse to run jumped a single synapse, I felt my physical existence - as i knew it - end entirely as I became part of this tiny force of destruction.

I came to days later.  Or anyway, it seemed like days had gone by.  What had transpired during that time, I couldn\'t tell you, but sitting at my desk reading silly threads on .info felt like ages ago.  I opened my eyes and found myself naked, lying in tall grass that seemed to go on forever.  I couldn\'t see anyone or anything but grass, however I knew I was not alone out here, wherever here was.  And then the horrifying reality set in as I began to realize where I was.  If anyone had told me I\'d find myself in this terrible place, I\'d have never even opened that horrible, pointless thread, let alone reading that stupid waste of a post, despite it\'s clear warning.  So please, I beg of you, learn from my mistake.  History need not repeat itself.  We must move forward.  We are all one mind.  Don\'t allow my horrible fate to be in vain.  It\'s up to all of you.  Be of service to one another.  You are ALL brothers and sisters regardless of any perceived differences.  The only separation between any of you is only the separation you create.  The cells that make up your body can\'t grow as one if they are at odds with one another.  If that were the case you\'d get sick and wouldn\'t survive very long.  As below, so above.  Humanity is sick, and will not survive very long unless the cells that make it up begin to realize that they are all one body, and act accordingly.  Don\'t focus on how this person or that person could be doing more, or acting differently.  Focus on your own progress.  If everyone keeps their side of the street clean.... Well then, I guess we wouldn\'t need those big street cleaning vehicles that always seem to back up traffic, and it\'s always when you\'re already late for something... Like what the hell, man?  Why now?  Shouldn\'t they send those guys out at like 3am or something?  Now I\'ve got to reschedule my colonoscopy, and this doctor has a long waiting list.  I made this appointment like 4 months ago.  So please, I beg all of you.  Let us band together and eliminate the need for those ridiculous, pain in the ass street cleaning truck things."

So, yeah that\'s that.  What\'s the WPP average now?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 05:55:32 pm by Jim Cobb »
Postcount +1.

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
God I hate school
« Reply #78 on: September 12, 2008, 06:16:53 pm »
Quote from: Jim Cobb;202646
To continue my efforts towards boosting the thread\'s words per post average, I offer a firsthand account from an anonymous lurker who read my previous post - the one I specifically warned against reading - and found himself the victim of the unsafe conditions surrounding a point in spacetime in which gravitational forces cause matter to have an infinite density and zero volume.  Here is his story:

"I certainly didn\'t think he was serious as I read through the small print below his sarcastic commentary on the subject matter of the thread.  But as my archaic iBook G4 laptop began to shake violently, I began to revise my conclusion.  No logic board failure or kernel panic could have been causing this.  I\'d always wondered if Steve Jobs were some sort of evil sorcerer, but at that moment I knew the collapse of matter I was witnessing was the consequence of my own wandering eyes.  It looked as if this laptop was a piece of old newspaper, slowly but surely balled up in preparation to be used as kindling for a fireplace.  But it didn\'t stop there, no sir.  This ball of metal kept crunching in on itself, getting smaller and smaller until it became hard to even see on the surface of my desk.  I started to notice a strange queezy feeling in my stomach as I watched my pencil holder slide towards the center of the desk and collapse into this tiny ball of matter.  Then went the cell phone, followed by my speakers, and then the desk itself began it\'s collapse.  At that moment, everything got a bit funny.  This point had become so dense that even light could no longer escape it\'s menacing gravitational pull.  Before the impulse to run jumped a single synapse, I felt my physical existence - as i knew it - end entirely as I became part of this tiny force of destruction.

I came to days later.  Or anyway, it seemed like days had gone by.  What had transpired during that time, I couldn\'t tell you, but sitting at my desk reading silly threads on .info felt like ages ago.  I opened my eyes and found myself naked, lying in tall grass that seemed to go on forever.  I couldn\'t see anyone or anything but grass, however I knew I was not alone out here, wherever here was.  And then the horrifying reality set in as I began to realize where I was.  If anyone had told me I\'d find myself in this terrible place, I\'d have never even opened that horrible, pointless thread, let alone reading that stupid waste of a post, despite it\'s clear warning.  So please, I beg of you, learn from my mistake.  History need not repeat itself.  We must move forward.  We are all one mind.  Don\'t allow my horrible fate to be in vain.  It\'s up to all of you.  Be of service to one another.  You are ALL brothers and sisters regardless of any perceived differences.  The only separation between any of you is only the separation you create.  The cells that make up your body can\'t grow as one if they are at odds with one another.  If that were the case you\'d get sick and wouldn\'t survive very long.  As below, so above.  Humanity is sick, and will not survive very long unless the cells that make it up begin to realize that they are all one body, and act accordingly.  Don\'t focus on how this person or that person could be doing more, or acting differently.  Focus on your own progress.  If everyone keeps their side of the street clean.... Well then, I guess we wouldn\'t need those big street cleaning vehicles that always seem to back up traffic, and it\'s always when you\'re already late for something... Like what the hell, man?  Why now?  Shouldn\'t they send those guys out at like 3am or something?  Now I\'ve got to reschedule my colonoscopy, and this doctor has a long waiting list.  I made this appointment like 4 months ago.  So please, I beg all of you.  Let us band together and eliminate the need for those ridiculous, pain in the ass street cleaning truck things."

So, yeah that\'s that.  What\'s the WPP average now?

Wow. Uhhh, wow... wow. Wow. Wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow. Wow.

(fyi I typed out every one of those and I gotta tell you it was actually fun. Double-u Oh Double-u Space Bar becomes one hell of a fluid rhythm. Double-u Oh Double-u Space Bar Double-u Oh Double-u Space Bar Double-u Oh Double-u Space Bar Wow. Wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow....... seriously you guys gotta try this...... wow wow wow wow wow wow wow. Wow.)

There\'s my contribution. But seriously Jim-- Wow wow wee wow.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

peaches626

God I hate school
« Reply #79 on: September 13, 2008, 01:53:51 am »
cobby, one day i\'ll read all that and it will probably be funny... but just in case you said something messed up about me...

bite me

oh but if you said something real cool about me.....

thanks kid u da man

if i was not mentioned at all in your post....

damn, that\'s a lot of words!!
taints rule, gypsies drool!

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
God I hate school
« Reply #80 on: September 13, 2008, 03:37:10 am »
haha maki CJ = one (forty whatever) hit wonder haha
*Gia*

FrankZappa

• Administrator
God I hate school
« Reply #81 on: September 13, 2008, 09:59:46 am »
wait, if you\'re laptop was crushed into a singularity and you awoke in a field of tall grass that stretched on forever surrounded by no one and nothing for miles, then how were you able to read the thread? I call shenanigans on your story cobby. I don\'t believe it for a second.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

oldnewbie

• it\'s recreational...
    • http://
God I hate school
« Reply #82 on: September 13, 2008, 10:22:06 am »
Quote from: Gordo;202566
So, you gonna be one of those father\'s who gives their kid a sac fly when someone tags from 2nd to 3rd off their flyout?

excuse me....but how the fuck did the runner get to third? you have to account for that somehow. at every level of the game....that\'s a sac fly.

Jim Cobb

• RailroadBuilder/RugPee-er
  • Global Moderator
    • http://www.urban-fetch.com
God I hate school
« Reply #83 on: September 13, 2008, 11:50:50 am »
Quote from: FrankZappa;202688
wait, if you\'re laptop was crushed into a singularity and you awoke in a field of tall grass that stretched on forever surrounded by no one and nothing for miles, then how were you able to read the thread? I call shenanigans on your story cobby. I don\'t believe it for a second.

see my previous post.  reading said post caused the narrator\'s laptop implosion.
Postcount +1.

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
God I hate school
« Reply #84 on: September 13, 2008, 12:11:29 pm »
Quote from: oldnewbie;202692
Quote from: Gordo;202566
So, you gonna be one of those father\'s who gives their kid a sac fly when someone tags from 2nd to 3rd off their flyout?

excuse me....but how the fuck did the runner get to third? you have to account for that somehow. at every level of the game....that\'s a sac fly.

maybe if he bunted the ball all the way to right field then it is.

furthermore....

courtesy of wikipedia:

In baseball, a batted ball is considered a sacrifice fly if the following four criteria are met:

* There are fewer than two outs when the ball is hit.
    * The ball is hit to the outfield.
    * The batter is out because an outfielder or an infielder running in the outfield catches the ball (or would have been out if not for an error).
    * A runner who is already on base scores on the play.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 12:12:07 pm by Igziabeher »

oldnewbie

• it\'s recreational...
God I hate school
« Reply #85 on: September 13, 2008, 12:24:44 pm »
after some research....i stand corrected. i\'m still not sure how you account for the runner moving up. it\'s certainly not a fielders choice and there\'s no error.

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
God I hate school
« Reply #86 on: September 13, 2008, 05:56:18 pm »
Quote from: Wolfman;202598
this is the most articulate thread ever

Very articulate indeed!

It\'s unfortunate that it is also completely devoid of any intelligent discourse whatsoever.  

The quality of exchange seen here resembles a slow motion boxing match at the Special Olympics and the weight class is \'Pseudo-Intellectual Stoner\'.

FrankZappa

• Administrator
God I hate school
« Reply #87 on: September 13, 2008, 11:27:23 pm »
"Eternity is a long time my friends. You may not realize just how long though.

Imagine you\'re in the supermarket to buy a stick of gum.
And there\'s only one register open.
And there\'s a dozen people in front of you in line.
And everyone has a full cart of groceries.
And none of the items are marked.
And everyone wants to pay by check.
And it\'s the girls first day on the job.
And, she doesn\'t speak english.

You shave a few minutes off of that, and you\'ll start to get an idea."

- Emo Phillips

oldnewbie

• it\'s recreational...
God I hate school
« Reply #88 on: September 14, 2008, 08:14:26 am »
great first thread by the kid though!