Author Topic: Ride your bike to work week, may 12th-16th  (Read 4316 times)

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
Ride your bike to work week, may 12th-16th
« Reply #75 on: May 19, 2008, 01:57:46 pm »
Slim,

I have a Serfas RX saddle.  Check it out, very comfortable!  I\'d post the link if i knew how.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

SlimPickens

• just the tip
    • http://
« Reply #76 on: June 12, 2008, 01:13:57 pm »
Quote from: SlimPickens;189391

I tried to pull something together this week.  But the 22 miles from home to work is too much for a doughy b like me.  It would have worked if they would let me take the train from Mlfd to Bpt (11 minutes), would have cut the commute down to 9 miles.  But Metro North has a no bike rule during peak hours.

So fuck the earth, and fuck bike week

Just heard this morning that Gov. Rell is pushing Metro North to have bike storage on the new trains for next year, and to allow commuters to bring a bike onboard during peak hours.

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
« Reply #77 on: June 12, 2008, 01:41:05 pm »
Quote from: SlimPickens;192846

I tried to pull something together this week.  But the 22 miles from home to work is too much for a doughy b like me.  It would have worked if they would let me take the train from Mlfd to Bpt (11 minutes), would have cut the commute down to 9 miles.  But Metro North has a no bike rule during peak hours.

Just heard this morning that Gov. Rell is pushing Metro North to have bike storage on the new trains for next year, and to allow commuters to bring a bike onboard during peak hours.

good deal! start stretching now Slim
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

SlimPickens

• just the tip
« Reply #78 on: June 12, 2008, 01:59:04 pm »
Quote from: derickw;192851
Quote from: SlimPickens;192846

good deal! start stretching now Slim

I think I spoke too soon.  I kid I work with told me that the route I\'d take from the train to work is 9 miles up hill.  I may need to take a test ride some weekend.

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #79 on: June 12, 2008, 02:01:23 pm »
Quote from: SlimPickens;192854

I think I spoke too soon.  I kid I work with told me that the route I\'d take from the train to work is 9 miles up hill.  I may need to take a test ride some weekend.

What is the dress code at your work?  My place is casual so I can roll up sweaty in shorts (which I did today).

SlimPickens

• just the tip
« Reply #80 on: June 12, 2008, 02:40:54 pm »
Quote from: alexanderzurflu;192856
Quote from: SlimPickens;192854

What is the dress code at your work?  My place is casual so I can roll up sweaty in shorts (which I did today).

summers are casual.  not that casual.

sconnie4satan

• from the block...
« Reply #81 on: September 11, 2008, 03:33:11 pm »
Don\'t shoot the messenger it\'s not his fault...
It\'s just a drag when you\'re the last one to know.

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #82 on: September 12, 2008, 12:25:51 am »
Zapp - are you still biking to work everyday?

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #83 on: September 12, 2008, 06:53:41 pm »
nah, gyms not open early enough. The couple of days over the summer where I went in after 6am I did but there weren\'t many. lots of rides in the afternoon after work though!
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke