Author Topic: Arrested Development (show not band) Thread  (Read 33464 times)

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
Arrested Development (show not band) Thread
« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2004, 03:38:54 am »
I totally agree. I thought it would be a better product but from what I have watched so far (discs 3-5) TOTALLY WORTH IT!!

hope they put out an addendum w/ this year\'s and nxt years championships ;)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2004, 03:42:27 am by leith »
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2004, 09:01:22 pm »
didn\'t realize how much i missed this show. an absolutely incredible, hilarious episode, and i can\'t wait till next season!!

how do you NOT have sex with ME?

it is a struggle!

don\'t get too close to me. i\'ve got an itch you can\'t believe.. i think something laid eggs on me!

he\'s got bees! NO BEES!!! rotfl

well i want a hamburger and french fries, but i can\'t have the bun or the potatoes. get real.

what about macaroni - let me finish....... salad.

what are you talking about? we\'ve had some great times. (footage not found)

day not ova yet, fatty! :lol:

maeby & An Yang rotfl

maybe we should kiss again and teach him a lesson about obvious!

leith

« Reply #47 on: June 07, 2004, 01:22:06 am »
OMG Talk abt ending the season on a high note. One great scene after another
Oh great I\'m going to get a lethal injection because my son won\'t eat a potato
We need someone to speak for the family. I would but you know I have Laker tickets.
Hope the preview for nxt season was not just a tease. If they win the Emmy that they\'re nominated for it should help.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2004, 06:50:51 am »
It\'s zero hour Michael. It\'s the end of the line. I\'m the first born; I\'m sick of playing second fiddle. Always third in line for everything. I\'m tired of finishing fourth; being the fifth wheel. There are six things I\'m mad about, and I\'m taking over.

rotfl

leith

« Reply #49 on: June 07, 2004, 08:28:15 pm »
That had to be one of the biggest laughs. I was gonna post it but it was long thanx Dave.

ChrisPitch

• Hell of a Life
    • http://
« Reply #50 on: July 15, 2004, 12:34:54 pm »
Network television\'s best comedy continues to get the recogintion it deserves, but looked like it might never get a few months ago.

That\'s right, Arrested Development was nominated for an Emmy for Best Comedy Series, along with cable\'s best comedy Curb Your Enthusiasm, and three of televisions most diarrhea-inducing programs: Sex and the City, Will and Grace and Everybody Loves Raymond. Of course, one of these three shitstorms will probably win, but who cares? Arrested Development is still rated low enough that any buzz will help it secure a consistent spot in the Top 40-50 range next season when Fox is expected to move it to 8:30 behind the Simpsons and out of the 9:30 graveyard.

My choice as to who had the better season between AD and Curb? Despite the fact that I\'ve been an avid Larry David/Seinfeld fan for over a decade, I feel Arrested Development had the stronger season for a few reasons: 1. just as funny a show without the benefit of profanity, although AD takes full advantage of the bleeps, 2. 22 half-hour episodes for AD in comparison to 9, plus an hour finale, for Curb, so AD simply had more material, and, most important, 3. AD\'s finale was hilarious wheras Curb\'s was laboring to watch, and to me, the finale has the value of at least 5 episodes. The only thing to monitor is that AD will be under a lot more pressure to deliver for the second season with these scattershots of hype such as being on the cover of TV Guide, etc. It\'s still a long ways away from being on Curb\'s level all-time as that is coming off it\'s fourth season. But to even be mentinoned in the same category by the Emmy\'s is a huge honor and a boost to AD\'s credebility.

For the record, AD was created by Mitchell Hurwitz and the executive producer is Ron Howard.

Pitch

ChrisPitch

• Hell of a Life
« Reply #51 on: July 15, 2004, 12:51:08 pm »
Other Arrested Development nominations:

Oustanding Art Direction for a Multi-Camera Series

Outstanding Cast for a Comedy Series

Outstanding Direction for a Comedy Series: "Pilot" Joe Russo and Anthony Russo

Outstanding Single-Camera Picture Editing For A Comedy Series

Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series: Jeffrey Tambor as George Bluth Sr.

Outstanding Writing for a Comedy Series: "Pilot" by Mitchell Hurwitz

And of course, Outstanding Comedy Series. Seven total nominations.

Pitch

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #52 on: July 20, 2004, 03:49:17 pm »
As per Digital Bits...

Arrested Development: The Complete First Season also debuts on 10/19 (SRP $39.98) on 3 discs, including the unaired pilot episode, audio commentary tracks, deleted/extended scenes, audio of original songs, behind-the-scenes featurettes, video of The Museum of Television & Radio Q&A (with creator Mitchell Hurwitz and the cast), promos, Easter eggs and more.

ChrisPitch

• Hell of a Life
« Reply #53 on: July 20, 2004, 04:06:04 pm »
But hash browns are potatos...NICE!!!

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #54 on: July 21, 2004, 07:42:35 am »
full DVD specs and artwork HERE.

davepeck

• Administrator

ChrisPitch

• Hell of a Life
« Reply #56 on: September 19, 2004, 10:58:34 pm »
There it is. Most Outstanding Comedy Series. I thought it had no shot. Entirely deserved. Series creator Mitchell Hurwitz summed it up perfectly on the podium: "Let\'s watch it." Second season starts Nov. 7.

leith

« Reply #57 on: September 20, 2004, 12:23:21 am »
Originally posted by ChrisPitch
There it is. Most Outstanding Comedy Series. I thought it had no shot. Entirely deserved. Series creator Mitchell Hurwitz summed it up perfectly on the podium: "Let\'s watch it." Second season starts Nov. 7.

Hells Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It totally deserved it . Awesome maybe  Fox may actually remember it has the show this season.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #58 on: September 21, 2004, 07:30:34 am »
•Arrested Development star Jason Bateman joked backstage about how his Arrested family would handle three Emmys: "The Bluths would probably all get drunk at the Governors Ball and get in a fiery car crash on the way home." Earlier, Tony Hale, who plays Buster on the show, said guest stars Liza Minnelli and Henry Winkler will be back.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=680&e=2&u=/usatoday/20040920/en_usatoday/bradampjensextalkadrianaofsopranosisreallydead

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #59 on: September 23, 2004, 12:09:00 pm »
found this interesting:

TiVo Subscriber Newsletter | Volume 56

Letter from the Editor

The Fox comedy series "Arrested Development" garnered three big wins Sunday night at the "The 56th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards," including writing and directing wins, which could be all the PAUSE and consideration I need to add it to my personal list of Season Pass recordings and give it a PLAY.

While "Arrested Development" leaves its current Nielsen mark as No. 108 among all primetime series, I did my research and it turns out that TiVo subscribers have better than average TV tastes: It\'s 51 in our latest list of Season Pass recordings. (To throw in some TV trivia, "All in the Family," "Hill Street Blues" and "Cheers" were all Nielsen underachievers that transformed into legends after an Emmy or two.)

With our beloved Friends departed, it seems the least we can do to vote with our remote for something that\'s not more reality TV. Even Emmy host Garry Shandling shared a similar sentiment during the live broadcast: "It\'s to the point now when a commercial comes on," he quipped, "I go, \'Thank God, professional actors in a story.\'"

From Amish to Apprentice,
Shanan