Author Topic: The ONE and ONLY thread to bitch, piss, and moan about where the band is playing  (Read 7964 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
here you go. have at it.

i know i\'m not the only one who is tired of shows being announced, only to have the threads about those shows turn into off-topic rants about where the band should be playing instead.

so here, use this thread. when a new show is announced, and you\'re angry that it\'s not in your living room or that it\'s in a questionable neighborhood, come in here to share with everyone why you are so angry. we want to know. let this be your outlet.

thanks.

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
so why are they not at msg on a 365 night run? Just think about how much sustain tim could get with only 100 or so of us in there total? We could all have front row, every night!
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

jking

• thanks!!
    • http://
my living room is in a questionable neighborhood, so i\'d even have to bitch then... :(

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
Okay, I\'ll be the first asshole to comment seriously in this thread because basically it\'s been me and leith who\'ve been bitching the most about where and when.  

I\'ll make a couple points that members of the band have already stated:

- No extensive touring for the upcoming future.
- Taking a little breather during the beginning of the year.
- Upstate NY will be somewhat of a homebase moving forward.

So from this, I take it that the band will basically be weekend warriors in the New England/Upstate NY area with a few sparse shows in NYC, NJ, and PA.  Looking at the schedule there are far more side-project shows that TB shows, but if you look at the number as they fall between Friday-Sunday, there\'s actually 3 more TB than side-project.  Would it be reasonable to suggest side project shows Monday-Thursday and TB shows Friday-Sunday?  I don\'t know, I\'m not in the band, but that would make sense to me; that would put them at 23 "announced" shows rather than 13 through the first 5 months of the year (please note that I am saying announced shows; there could be more added and I\'ll be wrong).

As for where the band plays, I guess you\'d have say that they should play where the fans are.  If that means CT, Mass and Upstate NY, then so be it; as long as NJ get 1 or 2 shows a year, I\'ll be happy.

I can\'t speak for anyone else on the site, but I really want this band to succeed and not be a regional band that will be celebrating their 20th Anniversary show at Toad\'s Place.
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

stublatt

How bout a TB show at Connie\'s in Derby.  The Valley NEEDS Breakfast!!!  Overall, the place is fairly close in size to The Field (and similar in that you kind of have 1 large room that is split between band area/hardcore fans and bar area - where you have both TB fans and drinkers that didn\'t really come for the music, but some of those will get turned on to the band).  Worth looking in to, I think.

wiredchicken

• teamCosmicSpacewayRhyme
i started my own thread for NJ  :)

peaches626

How \'bout a residency at the Iron Horse!!!!

That room sounds so great for recordings, and the staff is peachy!!!!
taints rule, gypsies drool!

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
Quote from: wiredchicken;221834

Unfortunately, other than you and I, it\'s fallen on blind eyes...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

wiredchicken

• teamCosmicSpacewayRhyme
Quote from: Yoda;221837

not true. adrian commented in it.  we are good to go.;  they will be back! im confident.

and dave, so is thios also the thread to bitch about setlists?

:duck:

davepeck

• Administrator
Quote from: wiredchicken;221840
Quote from: Yoda;221837

not true. adrian commented in it.  we are good to go.;  they will be back! im confident.

and dave, so is thios also the thread to bitch about setlists?

:duck:

no, because bitching about a setlist of a show in that show\'s setlist thread is actually on-topic.

psychjosh

The only post I will make on the topic is this..
Brothers Past post Phish in VA = SOLD OUT
SKB post Phish Sold Out 2 nights
A few other bands who found rooms to play post Phish...you guessed it folks..
I haven\'t even begun on the other stops on this tour...

The ABB plays a 68 night run at the Beacon...any post shows?
The Dead reunite and Jerry beams down from heaven (looking like Obama) Any post shows?

anyone see where I am going with this...
Bring Back the Shotty Nasal!

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
Yup and it might seem below their status, but a good old fashion Meadows Parking Lot show might not be a bad idea either...

inthewhitelodge

I\'d just enjoy seeing booked shows for the Electric Company, Cafe Zaquor, and Red Square!
"When I hold you, I hold everything that is-- swans, volcanoes, river rocks, maple trees drinking the fragrance of the moon, bread that the fire adores. In your life I see everything that lives."- Pablo Neruda:wave:

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
Of course you would...

thatguy

Quote from: Yoda;221844
Yup and it might seem below their status, but a good old fashion Meadows Parking Lot show might not be a bad idea either...

by the way,we r playing the parking lot of the great woods show in june...acoustic though..low volume because of security..