Author Topic: A look @ the year of 2 growing bands.  (Read 10176 times)

oldnewbie

• it\'s recreational...
    • http://
A look @ the year of 2 growing bands. [Merged]
« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2005, 12:41:29 am »
Quote from: TreyChica
Sorry but he called me a fucktard....... He\'s bashing his supposed favorite band and singing the praises of one of the worst bands on the scene today.  The band can\'t magically get up and tour, they\'re humans, most of them are married, and on top of it they don\'t have a nice egg nest to work from, unlike TLG$$$$

The Breakfast=The workingman\'s band

sorry but you trolled right into the fucktard thing. we get the idea....you don\'t like tlg. their progress and talent are undeniable IMO although i\'ve barely begun to listen to them. but this full frontal assault of them based on a conversation is a bit over the top also IMO.

on second thought.....you shouldn\'t hold back so much....tell us how you really feel.........gnite all.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2005, 12:50:13 am by oldnewbie »

sallyalli

• NewHampshire Fordamnsure
« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2005, 12:58:57 am »
treychica, good job keeping up with leith!
Leith, please dont ever say the breakfast is gonna be opening for TLG ever again. It makes me want to hate you. ;) :(
:banguitar: :banboogy2:

Mamalakabubadaya

« Reply #47 on: November 28, 2005, 01:07:03 am »
i\'ve only skimmed this thread due to the fact that i have no interest in what\'s going on, i\'ve never even heard tlg, and i\'m really tired...but i really think you should all get naked together and rub ky jelly all over your bodies while listening to tlg. i mean it\'s probably the only way to settle this dispute.

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #48 on: November 28, 2005, 01:08:52 am »
Quote from: sallyalli
treychica, good job keeping up with leith!
Leith, please dont ever say the breakfast is gonna be opening for TLG ever again. It makes me want to hate you. ;) :(

Ahh Alli you know I didn\'t mean it.
 Though they do make a good match no matter what this person thinks. Tim had a blast playing with them and along w/ Josh C. @ High Sierra, he told me so himself.

Quote from: Mamalakabubadaya
i\'ve only skimmed this thread due to the fact that i have no interest in what\'s going on, i\'ve never even heard tlg, and i\'m really tired...but i really think you should all get naked together and rub ky jelly all over your bodies while listening to tlg. i mean it\'s probably the only way to settle this dispute.

ok I think I\'m off to think about that while checking out Mamalaka\'s beach pic ;)
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Mamalakabubadaya

« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2005, 01:12:46 am »
more than i needed to know, more than i needed to know...

not to crap on anyone\'s head or anything but i really did hear that tlg sucks.

wait now i feel like i saw them at moedown but i can\'t remember..ughhh oh well.

leith

« Reply #50 on: November 28, 2005, 01:20:53 am »
:wipes keyboard off: Ok Mama you may have seen them it was early on Sun. b4 that hassidic rap guy. I didn\'t think you heard them. I know Gavin didn\'t like it but Duane and Jed liked it along with the good 1500 other folk digging them.

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #51 on: November 28, 2005, 06:44:45 am »
Quote from: leith
Quote from: Igziabeher
Quote from: leith
Quote from: Igziabeher
Some people can never be pleased.  They\'ve been destroying show after show after show and fan after fan after fan for quite some time now.  They just played a Midwest run that all seemed to have brought in more fans than the show they played in their homestate upon their return, yet still you can find something worth complaining about.  If the Breakfast want to travel at their own pace, then who are we to argue w/ them.  Its their lifes and livelihoods and yes, of course we all want to see them succeed, but I\'d hate to sacrifice some of the good things we have now(Timmy Tour, constant other side projects, a band that cares about their fanbase and doesn\'t act like they have a giant cock up their ass now that they\'ve gained some attention a la Todd Stoops does.  You gotta take the bad w/ the good, and at this point, the good is head and shoulders more worth it than a few complaints we can dig up.

You don\'t want to give up Timmy Tour and constant side projects. Weak.
 I would take 5 min of The Breakfast in full jam than any of the side projects which are ONLY FOR LOCAL FANS! So you tell me how is THAT caring for their fanbase? Turning down Bfast gigs for solo Projects How is that caring for Bfast fans?
 You really think that little of them that you think they would turn into assholes once they have gained attention? Come On.
I\'ll be happy on 12/9 and 12/10 and then I will bask in that for the rest of the year and I\'ll start bitching again when it hits me that They STILL have not made it out here(sometime in Feb. probably).

It shows that Tim cares about his \'core\' fanbase while the rest of the band are content to spend a few nights w/ their wives/girlfriends or what have you.  Turning down Breakfast gigs for solo projects?  so what are you talking about here?  Porter\'s?  Sorry, but after the drum and bass gig, most the fans there along w/ the two band members and sound man were pretty much all in agreement that the place isn\'t nearly as suited to Breakfast shows as it once was.  Hell, it barely was before as can be seen by the madness that went down at the final show there, no one missed out on that one.  And did I say that I thought they\'d change that way?  Nope.  Hell, moe. brings in a lot more fans than bands like UM and Raq combined, but their bandmembers are more down to earth and chill than either of those.  With the skills Tim possesses, nothing is holding him back from being a holier than thou fuckwad right now, but we all know better than that.  you try to hard to find points to argue when I\'m not even insinuating such things.  Get a grip boss.

Steffmo said they turned down a BREAKFAST opening gig for DTB to play solo projects that\'s where. Read it helps. He even posted a remark to the effect that he did not know what people were thinking sometimes. Even HE thinks the gig should have been taken!  Read!!!
As for the insinuation YOU put it there in your misguided attempt to talk shit on Stoops.

sorry, i got a life outside of reading every post on the .info, next time if you\'re gonna do that, throw in a citation of what you\'re talking about and where its origin is, all i can discuss is what i know first hand.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2005, 07:13:01 am »
I can\'t believe we fight over this shit.

Let\'s see.

Hmm, are the Breakfast where they should be? Absolutely not. Will they get there if they continue to deny gigs to play solo projects that bring in 20-30 same fans? Absolutely not. Will they gain any recognition if they never leave CT? Absolutely not. Do they want to be a big touring band? I have no idea.

The fact of the matter is this. We can not tell them what to do business wise. If they feel that they are doing the right thing, then so be it. Do I think they are doing the right thing, not really, but I also have the ability to boycott solo shows, if I choose.

I think ist bullshit that we attack fans who talk against the band. This band has come how far in the past year? Measure that, no what they are doing against other bands. Have they met all the goals they set out to accomplish this year?

I care 2 shits about what tis band is doing compared to that band, etc.

Maybe our expectations are larger then the band can provide at the moment. :shrug:
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #53 on: November 28, 2005, 09:03:46 am »
all i know is that the guys are trying man.  they are trying hard to get something going.  it\'s easier said than done though.  also, the job Tim and Ad have is called - musician.  ron and jordan have day jobs, or at least jordan still does.  Tim survives off solo shows, because they are what he gets his income from.  Ad does the same along with lessons.  i\'m sure the solo side projects will not last forever, but it\'s a pretty speical thing to be able to see my favorite guitartist 3 or 4 times a week if i want to.  Hopefully the tour wagon will hit the road for an extensive period of time, and all I know is that they are trying.  like igzi said, music isn\'t a competition.  i want to see the band succeed as much as everyone, but if the band is content then we all should be.  If the band is not happy, then we should step up the promoting and disc hand outs.  I think everything will work out in time
*Gia*

weekapaug19

• In the house
    • http://www.phishhook.com/lists/weekapaug19
« Reply #54 on: November 28, 2005, 09:44:11 am »
thanks again for the TLG discs leith....i think i\'ll toss one in right now
"I don\'t know if it\'s an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we\'ll all B-Flat"  -The Goonies

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
« Reply #55 on: November 28, 2005, 10:01:27 am »
alright I just read most of this but skipped a little at the end so sorry if I\'m repeating things
Leith:  
1:Spend alittle more time out here and get to know whats going on before you come out w/ these "well meant" posts
2: Porter\'s was cancelled for good reasons, you would agree if you saw the place,
3: Porter\'s was not cancelled so Timmy and others could play sideprojects
4:As far as sideprojects go do you have any idea what it\'s like being a musican who in the GSOT really doesn\'t make much $$$$, How do you think Timmy pays his rent? the tip jar @ Richters that\'s how
5:hey give me Phil Lesh\'s # I\'ll set him up with Tim they\'d love to have some sit ins, oh wait you mean you can\'t do that... yeah neither can they
6:The Breakfast are The Breakfast, let\'s leave it at that, they are not TLG, we shouldn\'t even be comparing the two.  Good for them for having a really good year, what the fuck does anyone on this board care, it\'s thebreakfast.info not TLG.info
7:as far as the New Monsoon dates go, as with any CO-HEADLING tour TB will open out west and NM will open here in the east,
8:don\'t forget that the breakfast are a national touring act as well, yes it\'s been awhile but they have still done numerous national tours.

Sorry GUY, just my two pennies
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

WALSH

• Mahoney
« Reply #56 on: November 28, 2005, 10:13:42 am »
Mamalaka is better than TLG...by far.

Alli made this thread a "Whole lot sexier".

Phil\'s new line-up RAWKS!!!

ODOYLE RULES!!!
Too fat for a tandem bike, and too drunk for a Mountain Bike...taste the fear.

icculus526

• Pancakes & Bacon
« Reply #57 on: November 28, 2005, 10:31:40 am »
my2cents
i really dont like tlg.  i saw them open for trey and the only good song was the one trey played on.  Ive seen them open for the bfast i think,  theyre mediocre at best.  I cant even believe that they were opening for trey, i think its because if bfast opened for trey all the fans might like them better than trey.  anyway,  it blows my mind that tlg is getting big.  i really dont see anything special with that band.
and i wish bfast would blow up quicker,  i cant wait to see them in a larger venue than the shitty webster.

crimsonknuckles

• makes geniuses disappear!
« Reply #58 on: November 28, 2005, 10:48:57 am »
i envy all musicians good or bad. it takes talent to play and create music. now, in my opinion, bands dont play with they breakfast because they are affraid of getting out played. if i was trey i would be afraid of timmy. i think gas prices has alot to do with the breakfast not touring outside of new england. $$$$$$$$$.
" Let\'s go Islanders!!!!!!! "
" A festive mood is all around, Another world is what we found "
" Brewin\' funk inside my soul kitchen so pullup a chair here\'s a bit have a listen "

leith

« Reply #59 on: November 28, 2005, 11:05:48 am »
Quote from: Me!
alright I just read most of this but skipped a little at the end so sorry if I\'m repeating things
Leith:  
1:Spend alittle more time out here and get to know whats going on before you come out w/ these "well meant" posts
2: Porter\'s was cancelled for good reasons, you would agree if you saw the place,
3: Porter\'s was not cancelled so Timmy and others could play sideprojects
4:As far as sideprojects go do you have any idea what it\'s like being a musican who in the GSOT really doesn\'t make much $$$$, How do you think Timmy pays his rent? the tip jar @ Richters that\'s how
5:hey give me Phil Lesh\'s # I\'ll set him up with Tim they\'d love to have some sit ins, oh wait you mean you can\'t do that... yeah neither can they
6:The Breakfast are The Breakfast, let\'s leave it at that, they are not TLG, we shouldn\'t even be comparing the two.  Good for them for having a really good year, what the fuck does anyone on this board care, it\'s thebreakfast.info not TLG.info
7:as far as the New Monsoon dates go, as with any CO-HEADLING tour TB will open out west and NM will open here in the east,
8:don\'t forget that the breakfast are a national touring act as well, yes it\'s been awhile but they have still done numerous national tours.

Sorry GUY, just my two pennies

1. NO fuck that. I can conjecture just fine w/ the posts on .info
2. Fuck Porter\'s I never MENTIONED THE SHITHOLE! I AM UPSET THEY DID NOT TAKE THE DTB GIG DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3. THE DTB GIG WAS!!!!!!!!!!!!
4. You have any idea how hard it is to work as a freelance LD who in the GSOT doesn\'t make much $$? Pffft
5. No but I bet their management or booking agent could!!
6. I care because I think The Bfast should be in the place TLG are but they are not so I am upset because they COULD BE!
7. If they CO- HEADLINE. The Bfast Profile is so low I doubt many would be cobills.
8.Numerous national tours? Summer 2002, Spring/Fall 2003,Spring 2004 that\'s it. Each was under 3 weeks in length. Real tour warriors these Breakfast guys. pffft Come On.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2005, 11:08:28 am by leith »