Author Topic: The 2006-07 National Football League Thread  (Read 13989 times)

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
    • http://
The 2006-07 National Football League Thread
« Reply #75 on: January 15, 2007, 11:36:07 am »
Quote from: moebass;130987
saints v. colts in the superbowl.
f the patriots.
those pretty boys don\'t know how to play football.

who needs skill when luck is on your side
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #76 on: January 15, 2007, 12:23:20 pm »

What a team.  What a game.  I love these guys.  So clutch.  So professional.  I am so lucky to be a fan of the Patriots.  It\'s the winning and it\'s the way they win that you can\'t help but love.  It\'s been the same thing for 5 years.  All week the Chargers (who have never won anything) talk shit, the Pats just say "We\'ll let our play do the talking."  During the game the Chargers get 2 stupid and costly unnecessary roughness penalties, the Pats just make huge plays in the clutch.  After the game LDT loses his cool and makes an ass out of himself, proving that he\'s only classy when he wins, which isn\'t saying much.  What do the Patriots do?  Instead of talking shit back, they tried to save him from himself by saying "LDT, don\'t do it man, you\'re better than this, calm down."  Talk about respecting for your opponent...the Pats have so much respect for LDT that rather than egg him on they tried to protect his reputation.  And now the Pats just start preparing for the Colts, no game but the next game.  What a win.      

antbach

• bron bron bachinski
    • http://www.myspace.com/antbach
« Reply #77 on: January 15, 2007, 06:57:33 pm »
i could be wrong, since i was on the tail end of a 24 hour booze binge by the end of the game, but weren\'t the "classy" pats doing some kind of dance mocking the chargers and that was why Tomlinson lost his cool?

And also, how the hell do we go to a sports bar in Atlantic City, New Jersey to watch this game an still get surrounded by NEW ENGLAND fans? Amazing I tell ya, there were even two guys with bobbleheads on the bar.
"Okay everybody, for my next miracle, I\'m going to turn water into funk!"

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #78 on: January 15, 2007, 11:50:10 pm »
Hilarious clips from the Chargers pep rally before the game.  Hey Chargers fans, you\'re supposed to celebrate AFTER you win the game. rotfl That\'s all we do here.  But since you\'ve never won anything I guess you didn\'t know that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7HJ88J8Lu8  Charger player David Binn leading the crowd in a "Brady Sucks" chant.  What a bunch of classless buffoons, players and fans alike.  (If you look closely you can see leith in the front row.)  You know what Tom Brady was doing while your whole team was dancing and chanting?  He was watching video of your team, studying how to beat you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_NBaRkQTVU LMAO Charger\'s defensive end Luis Castillo chanting that the Pats can\'t run the ball.  Hey Chargers, do you know what the Pats were doing while you were dancing around mouthing off about stopping the run?  They were planning a 50-pass game plan.  You got so outcoached and out executed it\'s disgusting.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHyLlL01tGA  Finally, the ultimate loser, Shawn Merriman.  He dances.  He talks.  He fails steroid tests.  He disappears in big games.  He reminds me a lot of the Steelers defensive players we beat on the way to our other championships.  Just another juiced-up animal with no brain and no tact.  Very beatable, very hard to root for.  Just makes me that much more thankful to be rooting for smart quiet guys like Tedi Bruschi, Troy Brown, Tom Brady, Richard Seymour, and, yes, Junior Seau!  

There are a bunch of other funny clips, just search "charger fan rally" on youtube.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 11:57:04 pm by Wolfman »

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #79 on: January 16, 2007, 01:30:04 am »
Seth you yet again prove how much of an ass you are. Fans are supposed to rally behind their team. Seeing as San Diego is rarely in the Playoffs it is totally reasonable to have a rally and to be hyped for your team.

You are the typical ass that only posts AFTER his team wins. You suck and the Pats suck too. Tom Brady is the Man and took advantage of CHARGER mistakes.
The Patriots did not win this game the Chargers lost it.  
After total domination in the first half in typical Charger fashion they went Prevent (which only prevents winning)  in the last 2 minutes of both halves and let Brady do what he does best.

Yeah the Patriots really planned a 50 Pass plan to win. You\'re an idiot if you think so. They  threw 50 + times because they had to. The Chargers dominated the Patriots in all facets of the game unfortunately for them that included stupid personal foul penalties, and turning the ball over. Brady actually had a pretty shitty game throwing what 3 INT\'s?

No the Chargers lost this game with stupid mistakes and it will probably cost a great coach his job. Marty made a mistake or 2 but one would be hard pressed to say those overshadowed the mistakes made by the players F.U. McCree!

As for after the game LT was totally right to cause a fuss BECAUSE the Patriots have always been about class until yesterday. They lost a lot of respect from a lot of people for that celebration.

I have no problem with this loss as you have to beat the man to be the man and Brady is the man. Too bad he plays for such a shit organization. He deserves better.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
« Reply #80 on: January 16, 2007, 08:37:33 am »
Leith...... ahhhh i\'m gonna have more class than to say anything personal to you but.......

if you read the explaination of the videos you\'ll see that the Charges players were leading the  rally chants, that shows no class. Tom Brady is hardly the best player on that team he\'s freak\'n lucky the Chargers don\'t know how to handle themselves and there emotions in such a important game. come on giving up 2 first downs for personal fouls...... stupid. if they kept there mouths shut they would have won that game but i guess it\'s that west coast mentality...... Brady threw 3 interceptions..... any other game if you give up the ball 3 times like that you deserve to lose, and the Pats did luckily there players didn\'t think so and played it out till the end whistle.

And again with your personal attacks to people on the board.... relax kid, no need to be a huge dick, the small one you are is good enough around here.

F there coach, F the chargers and better luck next year losers. and about the celebration after the game...... get over it you lost, you did everything you could to effect the out come of the game and achieved NOTHING but a nice long vacation in the off season. and i\'m sure the Charges would have been the classiest team in the league if they won..... ya right

PEACE

Quote from: leith;131090
Seth you yet again prove how much of an ass you are. Fans are supposed to rally behind their team. Seeing as San Diego is rarely in the Playoffs it is totally reasonable to have a rally and to be hyped for your team.

You are the typical ass that only posts AFTER his team wins. You suck and the Pats suck too. Tom Brady is the Man and took advantage of CHARGER mistakes.
The Patriots did not win this game the Chargers lost it.  
After total domination in the first half in typical Charger fashion they went Prevent (which only prevents winning)  in the last 2 minutes of both halves and let Brady do what he does best.

Yeah the Patriots really planned a 50 Pass plan to win. You\'re an idiot if you think so. They  threw 50 + times because they had to. The Chargers dominated the Patriots in all facets of the game unfortunately for them that included stupid personal foul penalties, and turning the ball over. Brady actually had a pretty shitty game throwing what 3 INT\'s?

No the Chargers lost this game with stupid mistakes and it will probably cost a great coach his job. Marty made a mistake or 2 but one would be hard pressed to say those overshadowed the mistakes made by the players F.U. McCree!

As for after the game LT was totally right to cause a fuss BECAUSE the Patriots have always been about class until yesterday. They lost a lot of respect from a lot of people for that celebration.

I have no problem with this loss as you have to beat the man to be the man and Brady is the man. Too bad he plays for such a shit organization. He deserves better.

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
« Reply #81 on: January 16, 2007, 09:31:10 am »
[to leith\'s defense] how come myself and leith were the only ones talking about these games beforehand but now all the pats fans come out of the woodwork to praise your team\'s narrow escape? i\'m a colts fan and i was arguing with leith about how the pats were going to win but i guess none of you were confident to back me up.

i dont care about the colts playoff history against the pats. colts have won 2 games in a row against them and they finally get a game at home this time. i know you just beat the chargers at home (who were 8-0) so if you can manage to defeat the colts at home (9-0) ill have to respect that but i just dont see it happening, eventhough you are 8-1 on the road this year with your lone loss as a bagel at miami. if you have anything to say before your team loses its first afc championship game of the franchise (currently 5-0, but you prob didnt know that) say it before you make up excuses for tim brady sunday night.
Smell my mule.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #82 on: January 16, 2007, 10:03:21 am »
the chargers absolutely GAVE the pats this game. if anyone doesn\'t see that, you\'re blind. brady\'s 3 INTs could have easily been 6 or 7 if the chargers could hold onto the ball.. oh, and there\'s absolutely NO excuse for "LT" to get only 8 touches in the entire second half. NONE.

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
« Reply #83 on: January 16, 2007, 11:16:38 am »
this is the first time i even stepped into this thread cuz i\'m not a hardcore football fan but next weeks game is going to be a tough one... no doubt about it. if they can pull off a win next week they should fair well at the superbowl but beating the Colts at home.... it\'s gonna be interesting. but i have a feeling after Brady\'s performance last week he\'ll definitely be stepping up his game. and like i heard before, if they can pull off a win with play that bad they should be unstoppable if they everyone can pull themselves together.

Quote from: booztravlr;131098
[to leith\'s defense] how come myself and leith were the only ones talking about these games beforehand but now all the pats fans come out of the woodwork to praise your team\'s narrow escape? i\'m a colts fan and i was arguing with leith about how the pats were going to win but i guess none of you were confident to back me up.

i dont care about the colts playoff history against the pats. colts have won 2 games in a row against them and they finally get a game at home this time. i know you just beat the chargers at home (who were 8-0) so if you can manage to defeat the colts at home (9-0) ill have to respect that but i just dont see it happening, eventhough you are 8-1 on the road this year with your lone loss as a bagel at miami. if you have anything to say before your team loses its first afc championship game of the franchise (currently 5-0, but you prob didnt know that) say it before you make up excuses for tim brady sunday night.

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #84 on: January 16, 2007, 03:54:06 pm »
Quote from: derickw;131093
Leith...... ahhhh i\'m gonna have more class than to say anything personal to you but.......

if you read the explaination of the videos you\'ll see that the Charges players were leading the  rally chants, that shows no class. Tom Brady is hardly the best player on that team he\'s freak\'n lucky the Chargers don\'t know how to handle themselves and there emotions in such a important game. come on giving up 2 first downs for personal fouls...... stupid. if they kept there mouths shut they would have won that game but i guess it\'s that west coast mentality...... Brady threw 3 interceptions..... any other game if you give up the ball 3 times like that you deserve to lose, and the Pats did luckily there players didn\'t think so and played it out till the end whistle.

And again with your personal attacks to people on the board.... relax kid, no need to be a huge dick, the small one you are is good enough around here.

F there coach, F the chargers and better luck next year losers. and about the celebration after the game...... get over it you lost, you did everything you could to effect the out come of the game and achieved NOTHING but a nice long vacation in the off season. and i\'m sure the Charges would have been the classiest team in the league if they won..... ya right

PEACE

My personal attack was directed at one person in particular. Seth does not like me and I do not like him. He constantly tries to get under my skin and alot of times I let it happen. I only personally attack someone AFTER they have done so to me. Seth threw in a little snide comment about me in the front row of the rally( which I was not at). Personal history between us bleeds onto the board yes but I do not personally attack someone w/o provacation. If I have please post it I would like to see it.

So fuck you seeing as you called me a dick first.

Quote from: davepeck;131100
the chargers absolutely GAVE the pats this game. if anyone doesn\'t see that, you\'re blind. brady\'s 3 INTs could have easily been 6 or 7 if the chargers could hold onto the ball.. oh, and there\'s absolutely NO excuse for "LT" to get only 8 touches in the entire second half. NONE.

No excuses for not using your best player in the 2nd half. I agree.  I will wonder about that for months to come.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2007, 03:54:06 pm by leith »
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
« Reply #85 on: January 21, 2007, 01:23:16 pm »
this will be the first time since \'95 that both home teams win to go to the superbowl.

colts vs bears
Smell my mule.

ChrisPitch

• Hell of a Life
« Reply #86 on: January 21, 2007, 03:01:51 pm »
I agree.

Colts 20, Patriots 17 (on a late Vinatieri field goal)

Bears 45, Saints 0

Rujah

• team digest
« Reply #87 on: January 21, 2007, 03:37:09 pm »
i am rooting for the colts to win and i think they will so i\'ll say colts 31-28 pats, but for some reason i can see vinatieri missing a late second field goal and sending the pats to the super bowl again.

i fucking hate the bears. i hope they lose but they will probably win nonetheless. go saints.

bears 39-14 Saints
« Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 06:16:32 pm by Rujah »
Merge futhermucker just you merge You futhermucker merge merge futhermucker now

You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye - Raoul duke - Hunter S. Thompson, Fear&Loathing

Gimme breakfast..................

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
« Reply #88 on: January 21, 2007, 11:10:49 pm »
yeah colts! big time comeback. cant believe the breaks the pats got (fumble into the endzone and being called \'pushed out\' when he clearly had no chance of landing in bounds). all that doesnt matter cause the colts came through with the big win. 10-0 in my playoff picks and you can guess who im taking in the superbowl. ;)
Smell my mule.

Rickey Roux

• The Ludes Did It
    • http://www.myspace.com/rickeyroux
« Reply #89 on: January 22, 2007, 12:14:30 am »
Da Bears!!!!  O.K., whose giving me points?  Grossman scares the shit out of me.  Hit or miss, plus missing some key personel on defense.  Peanut Tillman=vulernable.  But, can\'t help but root for \'em, been here in Chi-Town too long and 1986 was a long time ago.  My condolences to all whose teams probably deserved, but not get to the Big Dance.
You Lucky Bastards!