Author Topic: Real Time With Bill Maher  (Read 1748 times)

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
Real Time With Bill Maher
« on: September 29, 2007, 01:41:04 pm »
Has anyone been watching this? Quality stuff. Bill is hilarious and very sharp. I hope he can get some of the presedential canidates on as guests.
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

ChrisPitch

• Hell of a Life
    • http://
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2007, 01:51:46 pm »
Well, I\'m glad that someone started a thread about this show. I\'ve seen every episode since it debuted in 2003 and it\'s perhaps the only fair-and-balanced show that discusses politics on television.

Maher, in addition to being hilarious, will criticize both Repub\'s and D\'Crats, when appropriate, which usually, is always. And he\'s had every facistic candidate on the show with the exception of Hillary and Barak. What a surprise that they wouldn\'t appear. They might actually have to answer challenging questions instead of the softballs that the rest of our country\'s "liberal" media ask.

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2007, 02:10:20 pm »
I would hardly call the show fair-and-balanced. He makes the effort, sometimes, but the show has a very definite slant.

I know, I know. They all do.

I\'m just sayin\'.
Masturbation in the MFA

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2007, 02:19:28 pm »
Yea we all know where to turn for Fair and Balanced news ;)

the No Spin Zone!
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2007, 02:32:02 pm »
Well that is also laughable
Masturbation in the MFA

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2007, 12:46:39 pm »
"New Rule: Just because the Constitution doesn\'t have a religious test for office, doesn\'t mean I can\'t. This past Monday was Constitution Day in the U.S. And while I was going over the Constitution with my two adopted kids--Zack Ono and Mogadishu--I\'m home schooling them--I was struck again by Article 6, Section 3. It says, "No religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office." And I agree. No one should ever be disqualified for their religion. Even the funny ones. Like all of them.

But, the problem is that there is a religious test in this country. According to a recent poll, seven in ten say it\'s important to have a president with strong religious beliefs. The other three couldn\'t take the poll because it was Friday night and Yahweh wouldn\'t let them answer the phone.

But, fair is fair. So, for myself and the other 15-20% of American who the majority call "non-believers," but who I call "rationalists," here is our religious test for office: if you believe in Judgment Day, I have to seriously question your judgment.

If you believe you\'re in a long-term relationship with an all-powerful space-daddy--who will, after you die, party with your ghost forever--you can\'t have my vote, even for Miss Hawaiian Tropic.

I can\'t trust you at the levels of government because there\'s an electrical fire going on in your head.

Maybe a president who didn\'t believe our soldiers were going to Heaven might be a little less willing to get them killed.

Candidate Mitt Romney, a Mormon, believes in spiritually-blessed underwear that can protect him. He seemed like a nice man, and so do his sons, Wally and the Beav. But, I\'m sorry, their religion is bat-shit. It\'s like Scientology without the celebrities. And he has every right to run for president while believing in magic underwear, and believing that Jesus survived his own death and will return during an Osmonds\' concert in Branson. And I have every right to take that into consideration in the voting booth.

And at the end of the day, is magic underwear really that much crazier than giant arks or virgin births or talking bushes? You\'re either a rationalist or you\'re not. And the good news is, a recent poll found 20% of adults under 30 say they are rationalists and have figured out that Santa Claus and Jesus are really the same guy.

Now, 20% is hardly a majority, but it\'s a bigger minority than blacks, Jews, homosexuals, NRA members, teachers or seniors. And it\'s certainly enough to stop being shy about expressing the opinion that WE\'RE NOT THE CRAZY ONES!

Just because the vote is 4-to-1, it doesn\'t mean the minority is wrong. People who were against this war from the start were a minority. The majority used to believe the world was flat. But if you believe that today, you\'d either be packed off to Bellevue or asked to co-host "The View.""
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

ChrisPitch

• Hell of a Life
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2007, 01:14:22 pm »
LOS ANGELES -- Bill Maher can add \'\'security guard\'\' to his job description alongside comedian and political commentator.

Maher on Friday night helped security remove a rowdy protester from the studio during his weekly HBO show \'\'Real Time with Bill Maher,\'\' and it was all captured on live television.

Maher was talking science during one of his weekly panel discussions when a protester in his audience stood up, held up a smuggled-in sign reading \'\'9/11 is a cover up fraud\'\' and shouted comments to the same effect.

The host tried to shout down the audience member, who only became more agitated.

\'\'Do we have some (expletive) security in this building,\'\' Maher yelled, \'\'or do I have to come down there and kick his (expletive)?\'\'

When security reached the man\'s aisle and the man resisted leaving, Maher ran into the seats and helped them push him out the door, shouting \'\'Out! Out! Out!\'\'

Several other protesters, sprinkled throughout the audience, then stood up and shouted.

\'\'This isn\'t the Iowa Caucus, OK, we\'re not here to debate,\'\' Maher shouted with most of his audience cheering him on. \'\'This is the problem with live television.\'\'

The incident was shown live on the East Coast, and the network appeared to show the entire affair unedited for the taped-delayed West Coast version.

After the instigators were ejected, Maher told his panelists -- MSNBC\'s Chris Matthews, Los Angeles Times columnist Joel Stein and Congresswoman Sheila Jackson -- that they often linger outside his studio to share 9/11 conspiracy theories with him and try to get into the show.

\'\'It\'s the only time I defend Bush,\'\' he said.

\'\'I\'m thinking about firing my audience department,\'\' he added.

Regular audience members found the ruckus thrilling.

\'\'We picked a very exciting night to be here,\'\' Eliot Stein, a 54-year-old high school teacher, said via cell phone. \'\'There\'s few live TV shows anymore, and here you got to see, it was like a movie. it was great.\'\'

Phone and e-mail messages left with HBO officials late Friday were not immediately returned.

SlimPickens

• just the tip
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2007, 01:26:56 pm »
quality tv.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2007, 01:34:19 pm »
interesting.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2007, 06:03:46 pm »
I believe in the 9/11 conspiracies...but i\'m not making signs and causing a ruckus....people like that give my ideas a bad rap....