Author Topic: Trey on Letterman  (Read 1888 times)

delfunk1

• South Shore BreakfastHead
    • http://
Trey on Letterman
« on: November 11, 2005, 11:47:19 pm »
Trey is I believe the second guest tonight on David Letterman.
This isn\'t who it would be if it wasn\'t who it is.

"Part of me suspects that I\'m a loser, and the other part of me thinks I\'m God Almighty. " -John Lennon

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
Trey on Letterman
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2005, 11:49:02 pm »
what times that on?
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
Trey on Letterman
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2005, 07:58:53 am »
from the source:
Trey’s appearance as the musical guest on Late Night With David Letterman has been rescheduled to the evening of Friday, November 11. Trey will also appear on Late Night With Conan O’Brien Thursday night, November 17th and the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson on Monday December 12. Be sure to check your local listings for show times.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

obsession600

• The Duke Of NY A#1
    • http://
Trey on Letterman
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2005, 12:46:30 pm »
SHIIIIIIIIIIIINE
« Last Edit: November 12, 2005, 02:27:51 pm by obsession600 »
"I taught them everything they know, but not everything I know."
"The one thing that can solve most of our problems is dancing."
-James Brown

plainandsimple

• running against the wind
Trey on Letterman
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2005, 10:02:00 pm »
Trey looked good on Letterman. Can\'t wait to see him at the Chevy Theatre(Oakdale Theatre)..........Good time in the works
11-18-05 Edmond Town Hall Newtown, CT (B\'Fast)
11-19-05 Chevy Theatre;Wallingford,CT (Trey)
Simpleman. Thats what I am...
"Bubba said those are magic shooes. Bubba said they\'d take me anywhere. Of course Bubba use to beat me with a rubber hose and call me a retard."

Dig

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
Trey on Letterman
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2005, 11:12:08 pm »
Quote from: plainandsimple
Trey looked good on Letterman. Can\'t wait to see him at the Chevy Theatre(Oakdale Theatre)..........Good time in the works

Corporate naming rights of venues is obnoxious.

It eliminates any character surrounding the building in instant.

Secondly, the Wall Street Journal mentioned that there is little (or no) proof that multimillion dollar naming rights enhances a company\'s brand identity.  

The only party to benefit is the venue (or real estate investment trust in most cases), capitalizing on the transaction of cash-for-rights.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

plainandsimple

• running against the wind
Trey on Letterman
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2005, 11:20:01 pm »
Quote from: alexanderzurflu
Quote from: plainandsimple

Corporate naming rights of venues is obnoxious.

It eliminates any character surrounding the building in instant.

Secondly, the Wall Street Journal mentioned that there is little (or no) proof that multimillion dollar naming rights enhances a company\'s brand identity.  

The only party to benefit is the venue (or real estate investment trust in most cases), capitalizing on the transaction of cash-for-rights.

Simpleman. Thats what I am...
"Bubba said those are magic shooes. Bubba said they\'d take me anywhere. Of course Bubba use to beat me with a rubber hose and call me a retard."

Dig

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
Trey on Letterman
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2005, 09:24:35 am »
I can see how it does work to an extent under some circumstances. When I worked at the meadows, they would sell the rights around the grounds for advertising, so you\'d see posters behind glass all over the place for various products and companies, and just lik in the malls, cars with information about them. When Dodge took over, they eliminated all other vehicle advertising on the premisis, so all you see is a shitload of doge products and rams heads logos. Also, they build a second (shamlessly named) vip building - but it wasnt. The real vip section is on the other side of the property, but this was basically a small bar with some stupid tiki theme or something and TONS of dodge advertisments, down to the napkins and stirs.  It also had a video tap to the stage so that you could sit in the bar and watch the concert you paid all that money for on a big screen tv while being bombarded by advertisment.

Anyway, the way I could see it working is the all day festivals like ozzfest: A sold out croud, which are drinking non stop for 10+ hours, whith bands set up on stages all over the place so that people are more apt to see all these advertisments stairing down on them. Doesn\'t mean your going to actually go buy a product, but as far as name and brand recognition your golden.

The only other people who are affected by the venue names are loosers like us who sit here and write out and read setlists from The dunkin\' donuts theater, in conjunction with the chevy-dodge production,brought to you by jim complict presents: five more product names before we tell you who\'s actually playing tonight.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke