Author Topic: Pearl Jam News [MERGED]  (Read 26930 times)

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« on: March 17, 2005, 04:26:25 pm »
from http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/_/id/7179909/pearljam?pageid=rs.Home&pageregion=single1&rnd=1111082814508&has-player=true&version=6.0">rolling stone

Rockers wrapping new album, readying tour

Pearl Jam are almost finished with their follow-up to 2002\'s Riot Act. The band plans to spend the next three weeks in the studio recording vocals and mixing. If all goes according to plan, the yet-to-be-titled disc could be released as early as May.
"There\'s a lot more up-tempo stuff," says drummer Matt Cameron. "It\'s a lot more rockin\' than our last one." Song titles like "Severed Hand," "Worldwide Suicide" and "2x4" seem to reflect that harder edge. Though the track listing has not been finalized, other candidates include "Marker" and "Cold Concession."

Cameron, who teamed with guitarist Mike McCready on the track "Unemployable," characterizes the sessions as more collaborative. "We reworked everything together in the studio," he says. "It\'s a really healthy environment -- everyone really just wants to dig in and make the songs as good as they can be."

Pearl Jam hope to support the new record with a summer tour.

GREG PRATO
(Posted Mar 15, 2005)
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2005, 04:40:50 pm »
:insert random fart noises:
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

davepeck

• Administrator
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2005, 06:47:19 pm »
:banana:

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2005, 07:12:55 pm »
Oh Where Oh Where Can My Baby Be?
The Lord Took Her Away From Me....
Shes Gone To Heaven So I Have To Be Good...
Pppppppppppppfffffffffffftttttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

princesscaspian

• gemini tactics
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2005, 01:50:02 am »
Quote from: freddiewaht
:insert random fart noises:

rotfl  thats hilarious!
and what CAN you do, when your world is invaded by a reggaejunkiejew?!?

davepeck

• Administrator
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2005, 09:50:53 am »
Pearl Jam Halfway Home On New Album

Pearl Jam is progressing on its eighth studio album in Seattle. Guitarist Mike McCready tells Billboard.com the band has "about 20-25" songs in the hopper, comprising "some ballads and some pretty harder stuff, and some Who-ish type-stuff."

In addition, McCready says Pearl Jam is approaching the project from a new angle. "How we\'re recording it is a first," he says. "We\'ve been recording for awhile, and then we\'ll sit down and listen to the songs and then take a couple of weeks off, come back and re-record them and add stuff. We generally just go in, do some demos and record."

McCready is hoping the as-yet-untitled album will be out before the end of the year, with a tour to follow. The set will be Pearl Jam\'s first for J Records/BMG, following the dissolution of its career-long relationship with Epic.

However, the guitarist says Pearl Jam is "not anywhere close to being done. We\'re about halfway there. It\'s going to be a really awesome record, and I\'m not just saying that like every band member says it. It\'s been really exciting."

The opportunity to revisit and potentially add to songs has been a welcome one, the guitarist says. "I\'ve woken up a few times and had a riff going in my head that I really liked, say, of [bassist] Jeff [Ament]\'s or something," he offers. "It\'s like, OK, cool. That one is sticking in my head. I want to keep doing that. Let\'s do that. Whereas before, you\'d just do it and it\'d be done."

Last month during a benefit at Seattle\'s Paramount Theatre, the band unveiled a fast, punky song co-written by McCready with guitarist Stone Gossard, tentatively titled "Crapshoot Rapture."

"I\'m certainly by no means a punk rocker at all," McCready says with a laugh. "But, the guys in my band are. Jeff and Stone and Ed have that in them, and those guys bring that out of me. We have this joke that my punk is more Dio-like."

As previously reported, McCready will lead the U.F.O. tribute band Flight To Mars at a benefit tomorrow (April 8) at Seattle\'s Showbox for the Northwest chapter of the Crohn\'s and Colitis Foundation. Earlier in the day, he will serve as the featured speaker at a CCFA luncheon at Seattle\'s Westin.

from [BILLBOARD.com]

davepeck

• Administrator
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2006, 11:56:29 am »
The first taste of music from the new Pearl Jam album, the single "World Wide Suicide," was digitally delivered by J Records this morning (Feb. 24) to U.S. rock radio outlets in the form of a 15-second chorus snippet. The full track, which resembles the groove-driven 1998 single "Do the Evolution," isn\'t due to impact stations for another two weeks.

At deadline, no other details have been confirmed about the as-yet-untitled album, which will be Pearl Jam\'s studio debut for J. It\'s the follow-up to 2002\'s Epic swan song "Riot Act," which has sold 497,000 copies in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

Before the band gets busy with promotion and touring, guitarist Mike McCready will stage a March 18 benefit for the Crohn\'s and Colitis Foundation at Seattle\'s Showbox. McCready will play with his UFO tribute band, Flight To Mars, on a bill that also features the Supersuckers and Lee Rude and the Trainwrecks.

BILLBOARD.com

DOWNLOAD HERE

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2006, 12:49:50 pm »
Yeah, that sounds like a slightly less in  your face "Do the Evolution".....
Free me from vices, free me from fear.. Free me from anything that keeps me from here.

FrankZappa

• Administrator
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2006, 08:08:44 pm »
They were playing a slightly longer (15 sec they said) sample the other day on ccc. I was going to post something about this.

The two rules of pearl jam:
1. Christine will buy anything they put out, ever, no matter what it is.
2. Freddie will always reply with a farting noise into a pearl jam thread.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

ChrisF

• http://
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2006, 08:55:28 pm »
sounds great, but its hard to tell from a 15 second clip what its going to be like. im looking forward to it though. i lost interest in pearl jam after i started going to breakfast shows all the time. i wasnt into riot act at all, but binaural was my favorite album by far.

FrankZappa

• Administrator
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2006, 10:13:08 pm »
Quote from: ChrisF
but binaural was my favorite album by far.

:thumbsup: gotta go with no code, vs, benaroya hall, then binaural. However, for song by song, insignifigance and soon forget are among my favorites. Also, Thin air was our wedding song.

FrankZappa

• Administrator
Pearl Jam on next rolling stone cover
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2006, 05:33:41 am »
or so they say...

FrankZappa

• Administrator
New Pearl Jam Album May 2nd, free single download on Wednesday March 8
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2006, 08:32:13 am »
Pearl Jam announced today that they will release their highly anticipated, self-titled, eighth studio album May 2, 2006 on J Records.

The first single off the album, "World Wide Suicide" is scheduled to be made available to radio March 8, with the official impact date scheduled for March 14. "World Wide Suicide" will also be made available as a free unrestricted download on the band\'s website for two days beginning 6:00am EST on March 8. The single will then be available for purchase digitally as of March 14.

"It\'s a very special opportunity for us to work with a band that possesses such an historic legacy," comments J Records founder Clive Davis.

The album was produced and mixed by Adam Kasper and Pearl Jam at Studio X in Seattle, Washington. Kasper co-produced Pearl Jam\'s 2002 release, Riot Act.

Note the packaging similarities to Led Zeppelins In through the out door.

FrankZappa

• Administrator
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2006, 05:41:25 pm »
PearlJam.com has been completely re-done and the single is now available from them for the next few days for free. You have to create a user name:

http://bootlegs.pearljam.com/wwslogin.aspx

bit rate 256kbps
sample 44khz

Dyed_Tie

• Right There That\'s It Yes
    • http://
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2006, 08:37:06 pm »
[BANANA]
Quote from: ChrisF
i lost interest in pearl jam after i started going to breakfast shows all the time. I wasnt into riot act at all, but binaural was my favorite album by far.
[/BANANA]

I think that Breakfast has that effect on you.  The same thing happened to me as you know.  I was really into Pearl Jam before Breakfast came along, it didn\'t help that they went into a Phish-esque hiatus.  Yes Riot Act did not impress me all that much either.  I have to say that Vitalogy is probably my favorite album though Binaural is a very close second.  I\'m interested to hear some new stuff.  Hopefully being "happy" doesn\'t affect the music making ability...
If trees could scream do you think we would be so cavalier to cut them down? Maybe if they screamed all the time for no good reason.

Probably the worst thing about having King Kong run rampant in your town would be the huge, monster genitalia.

I wish I had a kryptonite cross, because then I could keep Dracula and Superman away.
   :mario: :luigi: :yoshi:  :toad: