Author Topic: The ONE and ONLY Phish Summer 2004 Setlists & Reviews Thread  (Read 5915 times)

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
Sweet!
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2004, 07:48:56 pm »

Set I: Scents and Subtle Sounds, Scents and Subtle Sounds, Also Sprach Zarathustra, Wilson, Chalkdust Torture, Tweezer, Tweezer Reprise

That\'s where they played, right on top of the marquee!  The first 20 minutes they were onstage were very much made-for-TV.  There were about 7-8 minutes in between takes of Scents, which is an excellent Phish tune.  It\'s sounds like something that should be on Billy Breathes, has a nice vocal arrangement and the different sections meld really well.  There was even PA music between takes, which to me means that it was actually a setbreak.  Setlists geeks, thoughts please.  Right after Take II they played the shortest ever 2001, but it got people geeked out anyways because now we knew they were actually going to have some fun.  Wilson was a great call, I think people probably heard the chant from Battery Park to Harlem!  They kept cranking out the fun tunes the rest of the time, all songs under 6 minutes, just getting in as much as they could.  The crowd didn\'t get too big, they didn\'t even close the street, it was kinda funny watching buses roll by between you and the band.  People were hanging out the windows all the way up behind the band, it was pretty surreal.  Hard to judge this show due to its uniqueness.  They played fun songs and the novelty factor was through the roof, so let\'s just say it was a great time!

davepeck

• Administrator
The ONE and ONLY Phish Summer 2004 Setlists & Reviews Thread
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2004, 12:09:15 pm »
late show download here. (full performance)

antbach

• bron bron bachinski
    • http://www.myspace.com/antbach
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2004, 03:42:40 pm »
from what I saw on TV it looked like a good time, also was pondering why  Fishman was sporting a UConn t-shirt. . .
"Okay everybody, for my next miracle, I\'m going to turn water into funk!"

buster

• http://
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2004, 12:59:03 am »
thank you for the download...it was a good time and i look forward to hearing it in the car.
if life were easy and not so fast, i wouldn\'t think about the past...

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
Phish 8/10 & 11 Great Woods
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2004, 05:38:28 am »
Who else here is going?  This post may be a little too late, but y\'all are free to chime in after the shows as well.  I\'m so pumped, I didn\'t sleep at all tonight.

Wolfman

« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2004, 09:04:02 am »
I\'ll be there and at Camden.  I\'m excited, although I don\'t get that super can\'t-sleep level of excitement anymore until about 30 minutes before the show.  I really hope they play Dave\'s Energy Guide and Dear Mrs. Reagan and Prep School Hippie, I\'ll be crushed if they don\'t.  I am giving away my entire tape collection in the lot, over 300 tapes.

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2004, 09:19:40 am »
My ride is somewhere between Hampton and CT.....
looking to leave fro about 12:30 or so....

supposed DEG tease in Bowie last night...
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

DocEllis70

• shottynasalGuinness
    • http://www
« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2004, 11:57:07 am »
see ya there ..ooompah pah oooom pah pah oom pah paaaah ooom pah paaaaaaah!!!
sleep a lot...eat a lot, brush em like crazy. Run a lot...do a lot, never be lazy..

weekapaug19

• In the house
    • http://www.phishhook.com/lists/weekapaug19
« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2004, 12:33:28 pm »
I\'ll be their both night!!!!!!  look for my drunk ass aroudn the lots
"I don\'t know if it\'s an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we\'ll all B-Flat"  -The Goonies

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2004, 01:58:45 pm »
Originally posted by weekapaug19
I\'ll be their both night!!!!!!  look for my drunk ass aroudn the lots

did you start early? ;)

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2004, 07:26:42 pm »
LOL Spelling/Grammar Patrol
Masturbation in the MFA

Wolfman

« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2004, 09:37:40 am »
8/10 Pretty good show, they were definitely trying.  15 minute Bag to open the show, you know they want it.  It didn\'t stack up to night 1 of Brooklyn by any means, but I think a 7 is appropriate.  They jammed almost every tune and kept things moving, better than Brooklyn night 2 when there was nearly no jamming at all.  Good Hood and Wolfman\'s.  I went with my friend Mike, so it was kinda cool that we heard Wolfman\'s and Mike\'s Song, and the Bag opener, which we used to cover with a high school band.  Good times.  

I can\'t believe what happened to my tape collection.  300 tapes, 5 years of spinning and writing J-Cards and emailing and trips to the post office and cataloguing, GONE in 15 minutes.  As soon as we parked I just yelled "FREE TAPES!" and the crowd was 10 deep until all the tapes were gone 15 minutes later.  I hope they\'re all spinning right now.

weekapaug19

• In the house
    • http://www.phishhook.com/lists/weekapaug19
« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2004, 11:55:22 am »
Great show last night.......i\'m thinking alittle better than a 7...probally an 8.  The weekapaug was INCREDIBLE!!!! and  a solid version of hood to close the set.  Looking forward for tonight, have a feeling that were gonna get somesort of old school bust out.

Hey gencs, thanks for those goodies.....they really hit the spot :)
"I don\'t know if it\'s an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we\'ll all B-Flat"  -The Goonies

davepeck

• Administrator
08/10/04 - Tweeter Center; Mansfield, MA
« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2004, 12:15:53 pm »
I: AC/DC Bag, Heavy Things, Punch You in the Eye, Wolfman\'s Brother,   Theme From the Bottom, Birds of a Feather

II: Mike\'s Song > I am Hydrogen > Weekapaug Groove, A Song I Heard the Ocean Sing > Piper > Makisupa Policeman, Dog Faced Boy, Friday, Harry Hood

E: Possum

----

excellent show. first set had good songs, and some really good jamming, BUT, it seemed like they got to a point in all of them where they didn\'t know what to do with it, and mostly all of the jams just evaporated abruptly... weird.. 1st set gets a 6.5 from me..

second set was fantastic. weekapaug and hood were among the best i\'ve ever heard. the \'ocean\' was a little rough (pun completely intended), but the jam out of it and into piper was on point. i believe it was only my 2nd dog faced boy, which i love, and then friday, which i\'m also a huge fan of.. madness. 2nd set gets a 9 - 9.5. it was that good.

overall, i\'ll give the show an 8.5-9. i was really, really happy with it, and look forward to more of the same tonight.

ChrisPitch

• Hell of a Life
« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2004, 12:20:56 pm »
High quality performance. Best Birds of a Feather I\'ve ever heard, a 20-minute piece exploring territories way beyond the song with Mike leading the way. Fishman led the opening Bag, which was also solid, with a sort of punkish drum beat. Mike\'s Groove was compact and energetic with Trey shouting "Go" (I think) into the mic during Weekapaug. Dog Faced Boy continued my streak of 34 shows with always seeing at least one first-timer every show. I\'m a fan of Friday, that was a another first-timer, and was a fine contrast to the Hood that closed regulation and the Possum that shut down shop for the night. Won\'t be easy to top.

Pitch