Author Topic: The Dead spring tour...  (Read 19817 times)

kartoon42

• overexposed
The Dead spring tour...
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2009, 11:10:16 am »
true, the prices are jacked and warren...meh. but given the health status of the remaining members of the dead, every tour could be the last ever. gotta take that into consideration, hence i will be at both albany and worcester
break it down, simplify

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
The Dead spring tour...
« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2009, 11:39:04 am »
I know that I\'m going get crucified for this comment, but, without Jerry, it isn\'t the Dead.  I\'d rather pay $$ to P&F than to see the remaining living members try to regain some of their glory days... :duck:
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

Mamalakabubadaya

• http://
The Dead spring tour...
« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2009, 02:17:21 pm »
these prices are bullshit. i doubt i will go to any of the shows because i really don\'t agree with the cost of going. my parents offered to get me some tickets to a few of the shows when the tour was announced (before the prices were up) as a graduation gift, but the price now is just obscene. this sucks. i\'ll probably have more fun seeing dso or phil anyway.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 02:19:53 pm by Mamalakabubadaya »

inertia1215

• Withdrawn
The Dead spring tour...
« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2009, 09:19:31 am »
I was able to grab tickets to Greensboro yesterday. $204 later, I have 2 tickets in lower section seating 113, row W, 7-8. Not too shabby, i\'m not thrilled with the prices but like kartoon said, every tour could be the last. I\'ll get it while I can.
~The world would be a better place if everyone  danced.~

~Turn on, tune in, drop out.~

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
    • http://
The Dead spring tour...
« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2009, 11:17:32 am »
one of the guys i work with got tix to Albany and the two Worcester shows
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
The Dead spring tour...
« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2009, 11:40:56 am »
Quote from: sequia;216372
wow,
these tickets are a G.D. ripoff.
the big bear himself would never let this happen.

Jeeez I just noticed this. I\'m not made of this kinda cash.. I doubt I can even afford to go. Maybe I\'ll see the geezers at Vibes or something. Could care less about Warren anyway... dude can absolutely not play Jerry. Hell, get the Jerry-dude from DSO to do it at least he actually knows the style and isn\'t a douchebag.

whats done is done though, and looks like I won\'t be seeing it :/

Keep droppin those sick Dead covers I\'d rather hear Breakfast totally destroy em than see Warren dance all over Jerry\'s grave.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
The Dead spring tour...
« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2009, 03:01:25 pm »
I ended up getting the $68 dollar seats for the show @ the XL Center in Hartford.  Come to find out the floor, lower level and first half of the second level were all $98 seats.  My seats are SEC 214 (1/2 way back from the stage) and are in row AA!?!? Thats were the cheap seats start... I think it only goes as high as GG if I remeber.  That\'s rediculous but I\'m there to listen... its not like its a killer light show or anything I guess.
Where to next?

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
The Dead spring tour...
« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2009, 04:28:24 pm »
I\'ll just wait till Ratdog plays another free show in Golden Gate Park.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
The Dead spring tour...
« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2009, 07:57:02 pm »
Quote from: simpletwistupdon;216605
I ended up getting the $68 dollar seats for the show @ the XL Center in Hartford.  Come to find out the floor, lower level and first half of the second level were all $98 seats.  My seats are SEC 214 (1/2 way back from the stage) and are in row AA!?!? Thats were the cheap seats start... I think it only goes as high as GG if I remeber.  That\'s rediculous but I\'m there to listen... its not like its a killer light show or anything I guess.

not to rain on your parade but my understanding was that all less expensive seats this tour are obstructed view. I hope for your sake I am wrong but that is my understanding. Like behind the stage.
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
The Dead spring tour...
« Reply #54 on: January 14, 2009, 08:29:06 pm »
Quote from: kindm\'s;216633
Quote from: simpletwistupdon;216605

not to rain on your parade but my understanding was that all less expensive seats this tour are obstructed view. I hope for your sake I am wrong but that is my understanding. Like behind the stage.

I dont think they are... section 214 is in the like mid court... just up high. So unless they\'ve had to put up some pillars to hold the place up (which it probably needs) I think I should be ok... either way, the ticket prices are pretty bunk.
Where to next?

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
The Dead spring tour...
« Reply #55 on: January 14, 2009, 10:17:29 pm »
I have a hypothetical for everyone, feel free to tackle it:

It is January 2029.  You are 20 years older than you are today.  Trey is dead.  A guitar player that you like (it can even be Tim) joins Page, Fishman, and Mike, and they tour playing Phish songs.  All seats are $150 each.  Do you go?

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
The Dead spring tour...
« Reply #56 on: January 14, 2009, 10:30:46 pm »
Quote from: Wolfman;216638
I have a hypothetical for everyone, feel free to tackle it:

It is January 2029.  You are 20 years older than you are today.  Trey is dead.  A guitar player that you like (it can even be Tim) joins Page, Fishman, and Mike, and they tour playing Phish songs.  All seats are $150 each.  Do you go?

Depends on what the inflation over time is... if thats the standard price for a band doing reuinon tours at that point in time... I\'d consider it. As far as ticket prices in the present... Probably not.
Where to next?

Lexington

• suckin seaweed
The Dead spring tour...
« Reply #57 on: January 19, 2009, 07:34:58 pm »
if it\'s tim or axlovin on guitar, yes.

by the way, headiest prez ever
caress me, aunt jemima

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
The Dead spring tour...
« Reply #58 on: January 19, 2009, 09:25:17 pm »
he Dead will be playing a one hour set, and said that before they could play, they had to get security clearance through a background check.

LOL. the people most responsible for flooding the country w/ *** in the 60\'s need a background check.

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
The Dead spring tour...
« Reply #59 on: January 20, 2009, 10:37:50 am »
Quote from: Igziabeher;217044
he Dead will be playing a one hour set, and said that before they could play, they had to get security clearance through a background check.

LOL. the people most responsible for flooding the country w/ *** in the 60\'s need a background check.

Well don\'t forget for a good chunk of the 60\'s *** was totally legal.
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19