Author Topic: Gathering of the Vibes 2009 - July 23-26  (Read 16129 times)

FreeSpirit

• Mrs. Tickler
    • http://www.myspace.com/robynsegali
Gathering of the Vibes 2009 - July 23-26
« Reply #60 on: July 27, 2009, 06:08:03 pm »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;236878
Yes somebody died from opiate overdose.

Yes nitrous mafia murdered someone. Make clear the difference between the mafia and more or less normal festie kids who have tanks at their spot. I don\'t mind that but having 100 tanks wide open in the middle of shakedown at once and a murder... fuckers

Yes Fast Eddie broke every window and slashed tires and dragged some kid somewhere for a beatdown or worse.

Oh yeah and my backpack with digital camera and clean socks etc was stolen out of my tent on the 1st day.

GOTV is no longer a tradition for me. The scene is in a rapid state of decline. I\'ll be checking out the family affair style festivals from now on.

However Bobby and DBB totally slayed it.

Well, I had a great time at Vibes again this year... I didn\'t even know someone died until I came home & read this thread!  I\'ll be there again next year for the incredible tunes and friends.  We had a great spot with some amazing neighbors.  Whenever we left the campsite, we just locked everything valuable up.  

If someone died because of od\'ing, then it\'s their own fault - don\'t blame the festie for someone\'s stupidity.  The "nitrous mafia" would\'ve been a bitch to camp next to - balloon litter everywhere & lots of squealing tanks.  But, if someone doesn\'t want to be a part of it, I\'m sure they\'d let the person move to a different site.

I understand your feelings, tuna, but I don\'t think you should let a few unfortunate events ruin a good time. There are sketchy people and events everywhere.  Just be careful, and you won\'t get hurt.  :shrug:
“Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings. ”[/color]

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #61 on: July 27, 2009, 06:12:20 pm »
Hell in a Bucket would have been appropriate for GOTV 09.

I had a great time 90% of the time. But some of the ways I\'ve seen the scene transform are downright shameful.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #62 on: July 27, 2009, 07:47:42 pm »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;236893
Hell in a Bucket would have been appropriate for GOTV 09.

I had a great time 90% of the time. But some of the ways I\'ve seen the scene transform are downright shameful.

next year go to camp bisco
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

BigMamaBlueberry

• om nom nom nom
  • Administrator
    • http://www.blueberrydreams.com
« Reply #63 on: July 27, 2009, 07:53:32 pm »
It was nice meeting kartoon42 on Sunday at the food vendor cul de sac.  Saw someone with a bfast shirt and just had to yell out to them :banllama:  Definitely put a smile on my face to see fans represent The Breakfast!

Great to see you other guys on Thursday (through the fence none the less) :lol:.

Kim

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #64 on: July 28, 2009, 03:05:05 am »

Oh yeah and my backpack with digital camera and clean socks etc was stolen out of my tent on the 1st day.

GOTV is no longer a tradition for me. The scene is in a rapid state of decline. I\'ll be checking out the family affair style festivals from now on.

Definitely a few of the reasons why the big festivals do not appeal to me.  Last one we went to had a thousand or so folks and it was the most relaxing weekend in the Sierra.  As far as theft goes, a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu-fighting friend of mine was hanging at the campsite all weekend long so no one would have a chance stealing from us.

I don\'t mind that but having 100 tanks wide open in the middle of shakedown at once and a murder... fuckers

Tank City Affair
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 03:05:05 am by alexanderzurflu »
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

weekapaug19

• In the house
    • http://www.phishhook.com/lists/weekapaug19
« Reply #65 on: July 29, 2009, 12:22:47 pm »
Al Schnier Comments on GOTV Incident, Nitrous at Festivals

A 29-year-old male was found dead at Bridgeport, CT’s Gathering of the Vibes this Past Sunday. The incident marks the first time someone has died onsite at the famed, family-friendly festival. Though the cause of the man’s death is officially unknown, the death sparked numerous debates on internet message boards about the effects nitrous has on the jamband festival scene. moe. guitarist Al Schnier has responded to the discussions by posting the following on both moe.’s official blog and the message board Phantasy Tour.

I know it\'s been awhile since I\'ve posted anything. I\'m sure many of you are aware of the recent incident @ the vibes. a 29 yr. old male was found dead @ the festival. the cause of death is not \'officially\' determined as of this time; however, many witnesses have claimed that the body was dumped off by a car w. PA plates & that the death was related to the nitrous trade. there are plenty of accounts posted online, but I\'m cautious about reprinting anything here that may not be accurate. there does seem to be a lot of evidence suggesting foul play on the part of the nitrous mafia.

I know this must be extremely difficult for the friends & family for all involved, & I share my condolences & compassion for them.

secondly, I need to make it known that nitrous is not welcome @ moe.down. the nitrous mafia is not welcome @ moe.down. small, independent dealers are not welcome. drug trade is not welcome @ moe.down. if you are targeting our event, simply as a market to prey upon, stay home. you are not welcome. DO NOT COME TO MOE.DOWN TO SELL DRUGS.*

moe.down has always been envisioned as a family reunion for moe.rons far & wide. it is an annual event in which family & friends can come together & enjoy friendship & music, & celebrate casually & safely in a peaceful place.

as the festival has grown, we\'ve strived to keep moe.down a safe, friendly atmosphere that is still a good family environment. we will continue our efforts to make moe.down a good place.

al.

* I am not facist (not that this is nec. a bad thing). I am not a neo-con, christian right "war on drugs" spokesperson. by most people\'s standards, I\'m probably fairly liberal. I am not actually registered w. any political party. I do not do drugs. You can make your own choice. I just do not want you to come to our event & sell them.
"I don\'t know if it\'s an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we\'ll all B-Flat"  -The Goonies

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
« Reply #66 on: July 29, 2009, 12:34:12 pm »
like the drug dealers and nitrous mafia are going to see this and not show up because al says they are not welcome. pretty stupid post if you ask me especially considering all the nit mafia murder stuff could all be just rumors.  I mean didn\'t the police rule it a medical death? If the dude was beat to death like the rumors claim I do not think the cops would say there is no indication of foul play as they have.

the whole body dumping thing sounds like total BS to me too.  

So the nitrous  guys beat some dude to death or kill him in whatever fashion at the festival without anyone alerting police or security, load the body in the trunk wrapped in a tarp, then drive it to a different location on the festival grounds and dump it in plain sight?  Sounds pretty far fetched to me.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 12:34:51 pm by Klout »

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #67 on: July 29, 2009, 12:41:22 pm »
Quote from: zuke583;236904
next year go to camp bisco

I think next year I\'ll just stay at home or hit up fests like Backwoods Pondfest / Cabinfest etc.

If vibes moves back to ILCC I\'ll go. Bobby was incredible. DBB dropped bombs. Music was great @ Vibes but fuck it. I have no interest in a festival that has 3 nights of Bisco and a bunch of electronic acts. Don\'t take it personally, it\'s just a waste of money to me.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
« Reply #68 on: July 29, 2009, 12:46:26 pm »
was fast eddy smashing out windows and issuing beat downs as an act of open war by GDF against NM?

lol

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
    • http://
« Reply #69 on: July 29, 2009, 12:55:23 pm »
I have been to 2 moe.downs and there were tanks going all day and all night all 3 days.............

I would be willing to guess that the kid that died, if he was murdered, was not some spun out freak looking for 5 for 20, but rather someone who owed someone a shit load of money or someone who stole a shit load of something........and if thats the case, you gotta pay the price for fucking with the wrong people....
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #70 on: July 29, 2009, 01:36:34 pm »
Quote from: Klout;237061
was fast eddy smashing out windows and issuing beat downs as an act of open war by GDF against NM?

lol

Fuck Feddie/Wrecking Crew/GDF. You can thank them for lowering the industry standard to about 40 micrograms. I\'d rather give my money to independent nitrous workers trying to pay a mortgage than these poser "hippie" gangsters. Who is making more money improperly... some nice guy who brought balloons around 5 for 20 and used a silencer the whole weekend... or west coast GDF stretching L to unheard of levels and using the excuse that it\'s all gotta get laid out west to keep it proper.

Philly Nitrous Mafia and punks who call themselves "GDF" are nothing but rival scum. Wrecking Crew knew they didn\'t have a chance steppin to Philly Crew so they picked on the little guy instead. I can\'t decide if Wrecking Crew or Philly gas mob are bigger scumbags.

Bob Weir would not approve.

It\'s not an "lol" situation to me. The guy Feddie wrecked wasn\'t even Philly mob. He was probably the most discreet and genuinely nice independent nitrous worker at the festival. If Wrecking Crew had any balls or true morals they would have done something about the wide open dozens of constant tanks, violence, and zombified aggro scene on nitrous alley.

They pretend to be so righteous, when all they care about is keeping people\'s money in their pockets for their own stretched out half bunk doses.

weekapaug19

• In the house
    • http://www.phishhook.com/lists/weekapaug19
« Reply #71 on: July 29, 2009, 01:54:59 pm »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;237066
Quote from: Klout;237061

lol

Fuck Feddie/Wrecking Crew/GDF. You can thank them for lowering the industry standard to about 40 micrograms. I\'d rather give my money to independent nitrous workers trying to pay a mortgage than these poser "hippie" gangsters. Who is making more money improperly... some nice guy who brought balloons around 5 for 20 and used a silencer the whole weekend... or west coast GDF stretching L to unheard of levels and using the excuse that it\'s all gotta get laid out west to keep it proper.

Philly Nitrous Mafia and punks who call themselves "GDF" are nothing but rival scum. Wrecking Crew knew they didn\'t have a chance steppin to Philly Crew so they picked on the little guy instead. I can\'t decide if Wrecking Crew or Philly gas mob are bigger scumbags.

Bob Weir would not approve.

It\'s not an "lol" situation to me. The guy Feddie wrecked wasn\'t even Philly mob. He was probably the most discreet and genuinely nice independent nitrous worker at the festival. If Wrecking Crew had any balls or true morals they would have done something about the wide open dozens of constant tanks, violence, and zombified aggro scene on nitrous alley.

They pretend to be so righteous, when all they care about is keeping people\'s money in their pockets for their own stretched out half bunk doses.

does this sound like a different language to anybody else also?
"I don\'t know if it\'s an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we\'ll all B-Flat"  -The Goonies

jking

• thanks!!
    • http://
« Reply #72 on: July 29, 2009, 02:26:35 pm »
what gets me, is that the promoters keep saying that no one called their hotline, so its not their fault anything happened. ummm, if i\'m in a store and it gets robbed, don\'t blame me for not patting the robber down! i mean, don\'t you pay for fucking security with your ticket purchase?!

although i will say this, the institution of a hotline isn\'t a bad idea once it catches on and becomes the norm. but you can\'t rely on it when its never been tried anywhere else before. if its something folks are accustomed to having, sure, but on its trial run???

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #73 on: July 29, 2009, 02:32:34 pm »
Were you there? Do you know anything about Grateful Dead Family history? Think I spelled it out pretty well...

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
« Reply #74 on: July 29, 2009, 02:34:31 pm »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;237066

It\'s not an "lol" situation to me.

you don\'t find Eddie\'s warped half ass idea of lot justice and the situation funny? I do. Lulz.

Besides if you have the balls to blow off a tank at a fest then you should have the balls to punch that old geezer in the face and escape if he tries to fuck with you. Or have someone watching your back if your too weak to defend yourself from a 65 year old drugged out loser.