Author Topic: Gathering of the Vibes 2009 - July 23-26  (Read 16042 times)

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
Gathering of the Vibes 2009 - July 23-26
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2009, 10:50:57 am »
Steve and I walked out together. The Vibes promoter handed each of us a promo-card. Mine ended up in my back pocket. Steve\'s ended up back in the girls hand.

Steve was playfully saying "When you add the Breakfast to the line-up I will go."

The Vibes promoter said forcefully that the Breakfast did not take the steps to get on the bill. Being in sales, I would like to believe that I can tell when someone is lying or when they are being passionate about something. She was very much insulted when Steve said why don\'t you put the Breakfast on.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
    • http://
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2009, 11:16:24 am »

never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

FreeSpirit

• Mrs. Tickler
    • http://www.myspace.com/robynsegali
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2009, 11:43:51 am »
:mickey:
“Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings. ”[/color]

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2009, 07:54:51 pm »
Well I\'m glad Terrapin doesn\'t inherently hate The Breakfast or anything. At least they got a shot for next year or w/e.

Regardless, GOTV is the event I look forward to the most each year... coming soon :D
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2009, 07:56:59 pm »
Quote from: Spacey;235286
Steve and I walked out together. The Vibes promoter handed each of us a promo-card. Mine ended up in my back pocket. Steve\'s ended up back in the girls hand.

Steve was playfully saying "When you add the Breakfast to the line-up I will go."

The Vibes promoter said forcefully that the Breakfast did not take the steps to get on the bill. Being in sales, I would like to believe that I can tell when someone is lying or when they are being passionate about something. She was very much insulted when Steve said why don\'t you put the Breakfast on.

if thats the case, i\'d tell her not to take the steps promoting her custy ass festival at breakfast shows.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2009, 07:59:19 pm »
Aww come on now. Vibes is gettin big but it\'s still a family affair.

Besides you can\'t blame them for not having The Breakfast if the band / or management really didn\'t even try. :shrug:

Maybe Vibes would be a good place to promote Sully\'s / The Field or whatever other local-ish shows are coming up afterwards. That is if I\'m in any condition to do so. Might have to get some late night Strange Creek set bumpin along with the laser show to grab some attention :D
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 08:01:42 pm by bdfreetuna »
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

kartoon42

• overexposed
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2009, 08:25:24 pm »
Quote from: Me!;227643
I went last year and it was great.  Love the venue (my first time at seaside park)  Would love to go again this year, esp with acts like P-Funk, Buddy Guy, Crosby Stills and Nash, moe., Strangefolk, and Keller, (I\'ve heard good things about Lettuce too)
but don\'t think I\'ll
A: be able to get the time off between other shows and vacation like events I\'m planning for the summer

2: be able to afford it.  damn economy.

oh and I\'ve never been to a fest with more NO2, ridiculous amounts there last year

lettuce is siiiick, everyone def check them out if you havnt.

and hell yea ill be there
break it down, simplify

Branch

« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2009, 09:57:35 pm »
The Vibes promoter said forcefully that the Breakfast did not take the steps to get on the bill.

what the fuck does that mean? Im pretty sure we\'v
tried every way imaginable to get on that fest.
I felt a bit insulted seeing their flyers at toads. what else do we need
to do to get on the bill??
If someone out there has the answer please respond.

sorry just gets me angry!!

Desiree

• Freaker by the Speaker
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2009, 01:00:18 am »
yo if the breakfast went to vibes that would be great
Life is a garden...DIG IT!

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2009, 08:19:52 am »
Quote from: sequia;235803
The Vibes promoter said forcefully that the Breakfast did not take the steps to get on the bill.

:bj:
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2009, 08:29:47 am »

And you should be angry....
I know for a fact the the band has tried the normal channels to get on this festival to no avail........
Fuck the vibes and their stupid festival.....
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2009, 09:29:24 am »
Quote from: Stephengencs;235829

I know for a fact the the band has tried the normal channels to get on this festival to no avail........

Well It does kind of depend on the year. Lets remember the band HAS actually played this festival 2x.

They played a late night set in 2004 (I think it was) at ILCC and then they had that set on the original beach stage 2007. So it isn\'t exactly the severe diss that folks make it out to be.

I love when the band plays the fest as 2 worlds collide for me. How many bands have played this fest twice ? or at all ? Yes I understand you guys are local to the new location and I think it makes sense as I am a huge fan but how many other bands who have a similar number of fans / shows as the breakfast play in the southern CT area could also make a similar argument that they never get on the bill etc. ? I bet there are a few and you guys have played the show twice.

So instead of sitting on past accomplishments and expecting things to happen. Make sure you jump through whatever hoops they ask you to jump through every year if you want the gig. Obviously someone did in 2004 and in 2007 or you never would have played those.
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2009, 09:40:50 am »
Quote from: kindm\'s;235833

Well It does kind of depend on the year. Lets remember the band HAS actually played this festival 2x.

They played a late night set in 2004 (I think it was) at ILCC and then they had that set on the original beach stage 2007. So it isn\'t exactly the severe diss that folks make it out to be.

I love when the band plays the fest as 2 worlds collide for me. How many bands have played this fest twice ? or at all ? Yes I understand you guys are local to the new location and I think it makes sense as I am a huge fan but how many other bands who have a similar number of fans / shows as the breakfast play in the southern CT area could also make a similar argument that they never get on the bill etc. ? I bet there are a few and you guys have played the show twice.

So instead of sitting on past accomplishments and expecting things to happen. Make sure you jump through whatever hoops they ask you to jump through every year if you want the gig. Obviously someone did in 2004 and in 2007 or you never would have played those.

I hear ya Mike, but it\'s a respect thing.  I am fairly confident in saying that DBB, who plays this festival like every year, doesnt have to jump through hoops to get on the bill.....  The Breakfast, regardless of their drawing power, is a much more innovative and exciting band, yet they keep getting the shit end of the stick, year after year.  If people from this festival like, respect, and enjoy the breakfast (i have been told that ad nausium) then why cant they make it happen like it happens for DBB every year.....I know why, because its all bullshit.
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2009, 11:01:14 am »
Quote from: Stephengencs;235836
Quote from: kindm\'s;235833

I hear ya Mike, but it\'s a respect thing.  I am fairly confident in saying that DBB, who plays this festival like every year, doesnt have to jump through hoops to get on the bill.....  The Breakfast, regardless of their drawing power, is a much more innovative and exciting band, yet they keep getting the shit end of the stick, year after year.  If people from this festival like, respect, and enjoy the breakfast (i have been told that ad nausium) then why cant they make it happen like it happens for DBB every year.....I know why, because its all bullshit.

Actually it is quite simple specifically to your example. DBB\'s manager was/ possibly still is Bob Kennedy. Bob Kennedy is highly involved/ is in charge of booking the bands that play GOTV. AoD, DBB and several others Bob has personally been involved with from the beginning. I can almost walk you through the vibes lineup and tell you the personal relationship between the bands and Terrapin.

Another example. King for a Day is Randy\'s band. Randy does web design for Terrapin etc.
Zen Tricksters have played every vibes since deadhead heaven

Don\'t get me wrong. I understand what you mean about respect but again the band has played the fest twice. Answer me this. Do you know specifically if anyone involved in the Breakfast sent Terrapin all the needed required stuff to be considered for a slot this year ? Not "they should know us from years past" or any other stuff. I mean did the guys submit all the required stuff just like everyone else. If the answer is NO then what do they expect ?

How many other bands want those slots and are willing to do whatever it takes to get it ?
Or at the very least were willing to once again submit whatever required materials the promoters want regardless of ego.

I Love the Breakfast and wish the guys nothing but the best in everything they do. And I agree that the guys are more talented then most of the bands that play the fest but unfortunately that isn\'t enough. How many awesome musicians are there in the world that no one has heard of ? It all comes back to the same arguments / issues that has always plagued the band. Someone to take it upon themselves to maximize the exposure of the band, to cross all the t\'s and dot all the i\'s. Tell friends of the band NO, be the bad guy when they have to be, make sure the promoters pay the band, make sure the riders are filled, make sure the band gets to where they got to go, submit all the paperwork. You get the idea.
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2009, 11:15:26 am »
come to cabinfest instead!!! breakfast saturday night!!